Is Prosise worth keeping???

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
You bring up a valid question Jammer ... and it's one that the Seahawks coaches are obviously asking themselves.

I mean, from a pure talent perspective and what he can do on the field -- it's a no brainer. Obviously, when he's on the field ... he's electric. He can make things happen.

Same exact thing can be said of Percy Harvin. From a pure talent standpoint and what he could do on the field with the ball in his hands ... yeah, he was freaking amazing. It was all the other stuff (punching out teammates, questioning and defying coaches, and especially Injuries) that tipped the scales and was the reason he was ultimately jettisoned.

As Seymour said, "you can't make the club from the tub." Absolutely right. It's a brutal business and the bottom line is that if Prosise simply can't stay on the field (for whatever reason) ... he's gone. It's going to be next man up to make the team ... and he's looking for a new one. Pure and simple. Is that going to happen THIS season? Only the team knows that. As with all things, we'll see what happens these next couple of games for sure.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Definitely worth keeping.

They exercised similar patience with Byron Maxwell (seemed to be making the club from the tub annually for a bit) and it paid off quite nicely.

Seymour

Reaction score
kobebryant":157aazic said:

They exercised similar patience with Byron Maxwell (seemed to be making the club from the tub annually for a bit) and it paid off quite nicely.

Maxwell or Thurmond? Seems to me Thurmond pushed that window as far as it goes.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Seymour":22brz5kg said:
kobebryant":22brz5kg said:

Maxwell or Thurmond? Seems to me Thurmond pushed that window as far as it goes.

him too lol. Maxy had them soft tissue issues consistently, I believe it was until he started doing yoga.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He participated in training camp so he isn't PUP eligible. It's IR or active roster for him

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Could part of the problem be he is not playing the right position, based on his durability issues?
He kinda is built like a RB but skillset seems more suited to WR as does his response to any inside
pounding and multiple carries. I agree with the Yoga folks!

Was he on the team when we cut Rod Smith, the big back that is in Dallas now?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
You gotta be careful with groin. Guy's careers end with a groin. The coaches have a set of plays specifically for Posise. There's already a serious investment.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Bobblehead":s2pn65pz said:
Fudwamper":s2pn65pz said:
He can win you 2 to 3 games a year. That is worth the 53rd roster spot. If he stays healthy bonus.

How do you know?

Because in the games he has played in he has. He is the type of player that tilts the field. If you can get that for only 3 games a season to me that is worth the 53rd spot on a roster. A durable player that is mediocre or less is not going to win you 2 - 3 games. I would keep him over collins in a heart beat. Collins is not going to change an outcome of a game, prosise will. I believe Prosise will be on this team the duration of his rookie contract.

I feel strange making the comment because I usually fall into the category of give me durability and consistency over flashes. I guess I just think Prosise tilts the field that much when he is on it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
If he can play in ten plus games, have a half dozen spectacular plays all year, be ready in the post season he'll be easily worth the investment. Teams will have to game plan for him, which will be less game planning they'll be doing for Wilson.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Prosise has shown enough ability to give him atleast another year.

Cutting him could be dangerous. I fear he'd end up on the Patriots and suddenly never get hurt again.

ACFan

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1wc6x72t said:
You gotta be careful with groin. Guy's careers end with a groin. The coaches have a set of plays specifically for Posise. There's already a serious investment.

I wonder how much of that work Mckissic could take on? It would seem logical to have a contingency plan like that.

It seems they have tested AC pretty hard with basic 3rd down back work, and he's passed with flying colors.

AC and JD combining to take CJ's spot, IF NEED BE, makes a certain amount of sense, JD plays ST and can be a backup WR as well, AC can be a short yardage back and an every down back as well as catching passes out of the backfield.

Fudwamper":1wc6x72t said:
I feel strange making the comment because I usually fall into the category of give me durability and consistency over flashes. I guess I just think Prosise tilts the field that much when he is on it.

Sounds like your better judgement is being lured away by visions of having an unstoppable weapon, what you feel CJ can be.

I just don't see it as long term production, long term success.

The Pats were to some degree surprised. If CJ is able to "tilt the field" for a long enough period that teams actually start to take notice, (questionable because of durability) then it will become less effective over time.

Add the reputation CJ has of not wanting to, or not being able to play because of minor injuries, as soon as defenses catch wind of that, it'll be even easier to stop him, or sidetrack him might be a better way of saying it.

The value you have of consistency and durability is not misplaced.

XxXdragonXxX":1wc6x72t said:
Prosise has shown enough ability to give him atleast another year.

Cutting him could be dangerous. I fear he'd end up on the Patriots and suddenly never get hurt again.

Given the initial concerns over his college durability teams had, and the history he has had with us so far, I'd think teams would be pretty gun shy. The Pats value resilient, versatile players, they have no need of gambling on a guy who doesn't appear to be either.

Not even sure if CJ will play this week, but if and when he returns to PS games, I'd give him the garbage work, near or at the bottom of the rotation, send a message, see how he responds.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Rawls and Prosise play very well when healthy but their style of play lends itself to being injured.

If they miss half the season's games then how valuable is the time on the field? The hawks have a hard decision to make in 2 weeks=cut them or keep them. I say they will be cut in favor of the other RBs like Carter and Davis and maybe Lacy stays too.

Jville

Reaction score
Explosive players make a big contribution to a teams caustic or toxic ratio. Pete Carroll clearly wants to improve that ratio in 2017. Variation in the make up among running back personnel also expands the tool box for play calling and getting those winning match ups. There may be an on going question about trust in Prosise's availability. But given his explosiveness and position versatility, it may be a little early to give up on him. Although, trust could further erode Friday the 25th ... verses ... Kansas City. The window of opportunity for a final 53 spot is closing for all competitors.

King Dog

Reaction score
There was a thread like this on Walter Thurmond every year when he was around.

If teams are cutting young players with Prosise's talent and potential, we need to swoop in and snatch them up quickly.

ACFan

Reaction score
Here's a thought for our reasoned contributors to ponder.

For Prosise to be, and stay the ultimate weapon everyone is taking about, doesn't he have to really be established as a between the tackles runner?

if not, isn't it really telegraphing what we are doing? and minimizing the effect?

if so, is he going to be durable enough to be established as a between the tackles runner?
It seems like most his injuries have come from running between the tackles.

Would he really be as "indefensable" as people think after some film study? if the defense doesn't
respect him as a tough runner?

chris98251

Reaction score
ACFan":3cuuqkip said:
Here's a thought for our reasoned contributors to ponder.

For Prosise to be, and stay the ultimate weapon everyone is taking about, doesn't he have to really be established as a between the tackles runner?

if not, isn't it really telegraphing what we are doing? and minimizing the effect?

if so, is he going to be durable enough to be established as a between the tackles runner?
It seems like most his injuries have come from running between the tackles.

Would he really be as "indefensable" as people think after some film study? if the defense doesn't
respect him as a tough runner?

He can run between the tackles, just not every down, he can line up in the backfield and then split out into the slot or as a wide out, start as a wide out and shift to the backfield, catch the ball in the flat, go deep or sweep. That's his versatility, it's why he stays on the roster also.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How many guys like that can the team keep on the roster to the exclusion of more reliable players?

Sadly with both Richardson and Prosise we all know that both will likely miss time this coming season as result of some injury or another.

With both the frustrating reality is both are very talented players who are usually unavailable. The unavailability makes them less valuable to the team.

Latest posts