Is Prosise worth keeping???

ACFan

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":v33m5phe said:
Prosise is a baller. Coaches know it, players know it.

The worth keeping question might be more appropriate after this season, if he happens to miss another huge portion of it. Premature right now, imo.

Overcoming the durability issues is his only obstacle, but a big one IMO.

I can't see the tough, hard nose defenses we'll be facing, allowing a guy with a reputation of being soft, a guy with a reputation of being easily banged up, torch them for very long.

He's gonna have to shuck that reputation.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
ACFan":3d86xgcx said:
Coug_Hawk08":3d86xgcx said:

The worth keeping question might be more appropriate after this season, if he happens to miss another huge portion of it. Premature right now, imo.

Overcoming the durability issues is his only obstacle, but a big one IMO.

I can't see the tough, hard nose defenses we'll be facing, allowing a guy with a reputation of being soft, a guy with a reputation of being easily banged up, torch them for very long.

He's gonna have to shuck that reputation.

He doesn't have a reputation of being soft. He runs hard and has shown a willingness to drop his shoulder and run over people. Looked good between the tackles, even.

I don't know how being 'injury prone' has anything to do with the the opposing defense. Unless you are implying people are going an extra mile to injure him. I don't think players are going over past injury reports and are like, yeah I'm going rough this guys scapula up again extra good! Defense is always going to tackle hard.

The only things that have made him miss regular season games (the only thing that really matters) were two fractures. Broken bones are generally freak occurrences that are out of the players control (Lockett, earl). If he missed regular season with a bunch of cuts and bruises, ok, but it's generally only been off-season soft tissue problems. Which I think is being overblown in this thread.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":ei449g1y said:

IMO....if Prosise is called upon to play at least 15 minutes in each of the first five games, the probability of him getting hurt enough to be pulled during one of the games is very high.......80%.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ard7fto said:
He has played in 31 games in 3 years, though it feels like a heck of a lot less than that. :shock:

http://www.nfl.com/player/paulrichardso ... areerstats

Richardson needs to put in a season this year to be kept. Even then he's a risky re-up.

Prosise is a talented no show, I think he COULD be special if he could be depended upon, but he'll be 0 for 3 this preseason after this Friday for this season and last year he was only available 3 games but showed up in 2. He's missed a lot of time. There is little doubt he was special against NE. However, you need to be available to be a star, and he's not. Sometimes you wonder if he doesn't think he's special and deserves to be coddled. Sadly this seeming sense of self entitlement is taking a roster spot when the team has needs at RB. JMO.

The argument that he's merely a 3rd down back fails to recognize he's nevertheless a RB, and that is position where your physicality is greatly critical to success. Prosise needs to toughen up if that is remotely possible. Availability is as important as consistency is to reliability.

I think he'll be kept for this season but the doubts are already being spoken by the coaching staff. I suspect if he can't become more reliable then it will be time to part ways with his exceptional unrealized talent.

ACFan

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1f65ykyc said:
Listen to today's Pete presser and you'll hear that the goal is to get he and Rawls ready for week 1.

Welcome to the damage controlled, plan B. Plan A had been to have a real competition between the RBs this preseason.

But after 4 combined carries and 12 yards, Rawls and Prosise were too injured to participate.

I understand "if it's the regular season, they play", and that's equally worrisome, I've seen Rawls try to play hurt, he looks bad. I'm not sure I've ever seen CJ try to play hurt.

So yea, if tonight was the regular season, Rawls and CJ play, and probably look really bad doing so. The fruits of competition. (or lack thereof)

jammerhawk":1f65ykyc said:
SoulfishHawk":1f65ykyc said:
The argument that he's merely a 3rd down back fails to recognize he's nevertheless a RB, and that is position where your physicality is greatly critical to success. Prosise needs to toughen up if that is remotely possible. Availability is as important as consistency is to reliability.

Exactly this, I'm not close to being convinced CJ holds up as a runner for very long. His rushing experience / production in the NFL is about the same as Collins, not much at all, the biggest difference is CJ getting knocked out of action TWICE in his 31 attempts.

So if you are not established as a runner, you are just a WR in the backfield, and it won't fool anybody for very long.

When a RB or WR has a reputation for fumbling, the D swipes at the ball extra hard, when an OLman has a reputation as a flincher, he's going get yelled at and flinched at extra hard. That's what defenses do, they attack weaknesses.

If we think CJ is going to be some bubble wrapped, ultimate weapon, that we just whip out whenever we want and he'll be unstoppable all the way into the playoffs, it's a pipe dream.

Upon success, he'll be targeted by defenses, and shut down. probably be pretty easy.

I'm not suggesting dirty play, it doesn't need to be. If PeeWee Herman goes in for a layup against Shaq, Shaq can either politely keep PeeWee from scoring, or he can send a message, all within the rules.

CJ already has a big reputation of getting banged up easily, and not being able to play through any discomfort. A guy like that is not going to torch Ds for very long, certainly not through a playoff run. Does anyone here honestly believe the odds of that are good?

ACFan

Reaction score
We can win it all this year, but it will be a war. You need warriors to fight a war, and snowflakes can poison the well.

That's a mean sounding, hard statement, but a valid, legitimate concern in this discussion I think.

I can measure it with an amount of respect and love for CJ though. I can accept this is the decision the FO/coaches have made, to give CJ most, if not all of this year to ease those concerns and live up to his potential, so as a Seahawk fan, I have little choice but to hope to see that happen, and CJ to be a real useful weapon for us, we should all hope for that. So I guess this thread really kinda needs to die now, it's apparently a moot point.

I will be disappointed if AC is shut out from any real competition the rest of the preseason though. If he got meaningful looks as a feature back with the ones, and didn't look awesome, I'd shut up about it forever. Something we are all probably ready for.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
"Is Prosise worth keeping?"

Abso-f word-lutely.

There's no clear injury pattern, lots of completely different injuries. It's not like he always injures his knees or something. I don't think there's something like a general injury proneness.
I think there's a lot of randomness included in the injuries that gets overinterpreted, especially in football and there especially for RBs.

Seymour":3jur098d said:
vin.couve12":3jur098d said:
Richardson's injury probability was a given when he was drafted. You had to know that just by looking at him.

Prosise, OTOH, is kind of a conundrum. Body style and what not seem perfectly fine for football, but he keeps getting hurt. It's odd, but he doesn't have 3 full years of being injured. Just the one so far and it's a little soon to write off. If you do that then we should have been writing off Rawls last year too.

Rawls didn't cut out of the first 2days of camp with a tummy ache did he?

Groin doesn't feel quite right was 2nd excuse this year. These aren't injuries, they are "I don't feel like it" problems. I don't blame anyone for making Harvin comparisons, not there yet, but seeing some similarities.
Yeah, because that's super easy to judge from the outside, lol. Come on.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AustrianHawk":2s5f1cko said:
"Is Prosise worth keeping?"

Abso-f word-lutely.

There's no clear injury pattern, lots of completely different injuries. It's not like he always injures his knees or something. I don't think there's something like a general injury proneness.
I think there's a lot of randomness included in the injuries that gets overinterpreted, especially in football and there especially for RBs.

Seymour":2s5f1cko said:
vin.couve12":2s5f1cko said:
Richardson's injury probability was a given when he was drafted. You had to know that just by looking at him.

Prosise, OTOH, is kind of a conundrum. Body style and what not seem perfectly fine for football, but he keeps getting hurt. It's odd, but he doesn't have 3 full years of being injured. Just the one so far and it's a little soon to write off. If you do that then we should have been writing off Rawls last year too.

Rawls didn't cut out of the first 2days of camp with a tummy ache did he?

Groin doesn't feel quite right was 2nd excuse this year. These aren't injuries, they are "I don't feel like it" problems. I don't blame anyone for making Harvin comparisons, not there yet, but seeing some similarities.
Yeah, because that's super easy to judge from the outside, lol. Come on.

Oh, it's done now. The box has been opened. Frustrated fans have latched onto "Prosise = Harvin" because it gives them somewhere more tangible to direct their anger (and it's not happening only here).

chris98251

Reaction score
ACFan":1rnwfkq3 said:
We can win it all this year, but it will be a war. You need warriors to fight a war, and snowflakes can poison the well.

That's a mean sounding, hard statement, but a valid, legitimate concern in this discussion I think.

I can measure it with an amount of respect and love for CJ though. I can accept this is the decision the FO/coaches have made, to give CJ most, if not all of this year to ease those concerns and live up to his potential, so as a Seahawk fan, I have little choice but to hope to see that happen, and CJ to be a real useful weapon for us, we should all hope for that. So I guess this thread really kinda needs to die now, it's apparently a moot point.

I will be disappointed if AC is shut out from any real competition the rest of the preseason though. If he got meaningful looks as a feature back with the ones, and didn't look awesome, I'd shut up about it forever. Something we are all probably ready for.

One can argue that broken bones are not sprained ankles and or a headache, Rawls and Prosise both had Broken bones, if they were simply just complaining about dings it would be another issue, also Rawls High Ankle Sprain last year has kept more celebrated players from playing for weeks, he tried to come back early, a tribute to his toughness, Wilson played with one last year and we seen he was less then his normal self as well.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Prosise is worth keeping, absolutely. He has rare abilities. He was legit the best player on the field in the NE game last season. That said, the durability issues frankly are unacceptable. He needs to man up and play tough. But who are you gonna keep over him? Collins or Davis? Those ~5'10" 215 LB mediocre athlete RBs are a dime a dozen. Collins, Davis, or a very similar player will always be available as a free agent if they need it. A guy like Prosise is rare, and is worth holding onto and lighting a fire under his ass to get him out there.

Latest posts