Is Prosise worth keeping???

Hendo66

Reaction score
Starting to wish the FO would quit drafting these injury prone type players especially in the first few rounds.
IE: P Rich, CJ, Darboh, to name a few....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Just to be clear, calling him "fragile" is one thing. Comparing him to Percy Harvin is quite another. Harvin was an entitled ass.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31r10cvu said:
Do you know that all these guys they are drafting were already injury prone?

Which is exactly why they were able to get draft them. Otherwise, they'd have gone higher than they did.

Seattle thus masses a ton of potential at a position and waits to see who stays healthy. Interesting approach.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know, this front office has done just fine. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't. Very few teams have done as well as the Hawks.

Hendo66

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1py5u349 said:
Do you know that all these guys they are drafting were already injury prone?

P Rich & CJ definitely had injury history / concerns. And both have spent more time off than on the field.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
No, neither is Rawls or Richardson. These guys just take up roster space riding the bench! These guys all have huge potential, the sky is the limit, but so does every single other athlete in the NFL! Let some other players shine, let Lacy bloom instead of wondering where he fits. Let Lacy and Carson give it a go. If they can't, then move on. Rawls hasn't made it through a season yet, neither has Richardson, don't even get me started with CJ. These guys aren't cut for the NFL, more fragile than fine China!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He had a great game against NE, but one game doesn't make him a star. There have been lots of players who have had great 1 games against us. WHy, simply because we don't plan for that player. I'm unsure whether or not Procise's great one game is because of remarkable talent, or that NE just really didn't plan for him in a meaningless mid season game.

I hope it is the talent, the guy ooozes of it and would be a great addition to our team if healthy.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wasn't Procise only in like 2 games last year?? Would hardly say he has proven anything at this point...remember what Jonas Grey did for the pats in a couple games? Procise needs to show he can be durable if not this year then it's time to move on.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cyrus12":xzrymbz0 said:
Wasn't Procise only in like 2 games last year?? Would hardly say he has proven anything at this point...remember what Jonas Grey did for the pats in a couple games? Procise needs to show he can be durable if not this year then it's time to move on.

He had 1 carry for -2 yards in game 1. That knocked him out of 5 games. :roll:

Then he played 5 more games....that knocked him out the rest of the season. :irishdrinkers:

ACFan

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1q8mwy2v said:
No, neither is Rawls or Richardson. These guys just take up roster space riding the bench!

but.. but.. the ceiling is so high. it'll be realized some day, we can dream about it until then.

In the meantime, maybe we can run CJ through the combine again, and if his numbers have improved, give him a raise!

OK, sarcasm off, I agree with you.

Bobblehead":1q8mwy2v said:
I'm unsure whether or not Procise's great one game is because of remarkable talent, or that NE just really didn't plan for him in a meaningless mid season game.

little of both, everything is less effective after it's been studied and planned for.

SoulfishHawk":1q8mwy2v said:
Just seems like a lot of blame on the Front Office, as if they can predict the future etc.

I'm not currently blaming them, they took a chance to improve the team, it doesn't look like it'll work out, no big deal, they've done pretty good at getting players overall.

Of course no one can see the future, predictions based off past history are are as close as one can get, we knew it was something of a gamble. Should have known we were hoping for something in CJ that hadn't been demonstrated in his past, reliability/durability.

Rethink this question in terms of your RG. You have a chance to acquire a game changing RG, but you only get him for 3 games a year. Part of the price is instability at RG for the other 13 games, because to make room you cut a RG who you knew would have been really good all season long.

smart move?

CJ still has time to show us, but I couldn't imagine that time being very long, not if we are serious about winning it all. We don't need a stand out 3rd down back to win it all. We just need an effective, reliable one.

ACFan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":25s6i6x7 said:
Wasn't Procise only in like 2 games last year?? Would hardly say he has proven anything at this point....

If it continues past preseason, then it would seem to be the kind of protected status a seasoned veteran would receive, I don't get it either.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hendo66":17e584de said:
Starting to wish the FO would quit drafting these injury prone type players especially in the first few rounds.
Darboh was not injury prone in college.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Prosise had a decent game in NOLA, a breakout game in NE, and like a 70 yard TD run against PHI and then was done for the year.

But yeah, it is too early to give up the talent he had. Like someone mentioned earlier, he had Leveon Bell potential

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Do you guys remember all the injuries we had last year? If CJ wins us 3 games this year, it'll be worth it, because Rawls, Lacy, and Carson are ALL better, in my opinion, than CMike, Pope, Terrence McGee, CJ Spiller, Tukuafu, and George Farmer who all had carries for us last year.

Prosise is never going to be a feature back but if we can get 10 games from him, he'll make an impact. Hell, I'd bubble wrap him until the playoffs so we have an X-factor come January.

themunn

Reaction score
Let's not forget that the reason Michael was cut wasn't because Prosise was better or Michael was rubbish, but rather, players and coaches were beginning to question Michael's toughness and Prosise was dropping the shoulder the way a RB should.

That's not the attitude of a hypochondriac or ambulance chaser. What's more likely is just the fact that a guy like Prosise has bad luck with injuries. But you can look to a guy like Matt Stafford who missed 19 games in his first two years and has missed exactly 0 in the 99 games since. I guess time will tell

Hendo66

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3uhea3xp said:
Hendo66":3uhea3xp said:
Darboh was not injury prone in college.

OK, I stand corrected.
But he was an early round pick and haven't seen much of him so far. Fingers crossed-

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If he's injured at the start of the season, the team should put him on PUP and bring him back mid way through the season.

If he finishes the season on IR, time to move on

classicaaron

Reaction score
id trade him while he has any value left. the dude is never going to consistently see the field. it goes back to his college days. the number one attribute of any player is availability and he is never available. and he never really seems to get injured, just rather hurt and he never plays through it. not to mention even the most durable backs that never get hurt end up having their bodies fail them. so this issue will just get worse and worse with him. Id rather get something while we can and groom another player that may last a few years instead of hoping this guy can win a game or two in a season. id rather keep the roster spot open for the guy who can help win all 16 games.

Latest posts