Is Russell chicken to throw at Alpha CB?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Revis when he was matched on Doug in the SB? Videos shows Baldwin beating routinely that game
Everytime we play Peterson vs the Cardinals
Josh Norman
And now Ramsay vs DK.

He blocks off that side of the field and will not even look that way.

PNW

Reaction score
Seems like it, he’s down to throw silly interceptions so I’m not sure why he’s not willing to trust DK

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
ludakrishna":g9wuv1i8 said:
Revis when he was matched on Doug in the SB? Videos shows Baldwin beating routinely that game
Everytime we play Peterson vs the Cardinals
Josh Norman
And now Ramsay vs DK.

He blocks off that side of the field and will not even look that way.

He's scared of 4 inches when everyone knows the D isn't going to stop a thing anyway. What a different team the last 3 weeks have been.

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I hate Aaron Rodgers. But when we were in the LOB hay day, he would test Sherm 4-5 times a game to keep our defense honest and not tilt too much into the other side of the field.

With Wilson, he’s not willing to test an Alpha CB...maybe because he can’t handle hearing the trash talk. This allows the opposing team to tilt coverage to the other side of the field too much and make it difficult to find open receivers.

I’ll live with an INT when thrown to DK in a 50/50 situation because if DK catches it, the result of it being a game breaker are huge. Look back at the TD called back against ARI in OT.

It’s unacceptable that in a 60 minute game our coaching Staff can’t come up with 1-2 plays to get the ball in our most Dynamic Playmakers hand...

TreeRon

Reaction score
"I hate Aaron Rodgers. But when we were in the LOB hay day, he would test Sherm 4-5 times a game to keep our defense honest and not tilt too much into the other side of the field."

I remember one particular game where Rogers did not throw to Sherm's side of the field one time. The announcers even made note of it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He didn't seem to have a problem throwing at Gilmore.

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Seanhawk":19v50lr9 said:

Gilmore is not a trash talker. Ramsay, Sherm, Norman are in the ears of the opposing team. Russ has a tendency to block of an entire side of the field going back to 2014. Unacceptable. Go ahead...keep making excuses for him

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2ags8xgt said:
I hate Aaron Rodgers. But when we were in the LOB hay day, he would test Sherm 4-5 times a game to keep our defense honest and not tilt too much into the other side of the field.

With Wilson, he’s not willing to test an Alpha CB...maybe because he can’t handle hearing the trash talk. This allows the opposing team to tilt coverage to the other side of the field too much and make it difficult to find open receivers.

I’ll live with an INT when thrown to DK in a 50/50 situation because if DK catches it, the result of it being a game breaker are huge. Look back at the TD called back against ARI in OT.

It’s unacceptable that in a 60 minute game our coaching Staff can’t come up with 1-2 plays to get the ball in our most Dynamic Playmakers hand...

You guys just make up narratives.

Rodgers, Brady always avoided Sherman. Lockdown CBS are usually avoided.

Russ has tested Aquib Talib, Gilmore, and he has thrown Peterson’s way before. If you dislike Russ just say that but don’t make stuff up. DK was covered most of the game. Getting open a handful of times is not how this works

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":14e3re5c said:
Seanhawk":14e3re5c said:

Gilmore is not a trash talker. Ramsay, Sherm, Norman are in the ears of the opposing team. Russ has a tendency to block of an entire side of the field going back to 2014. Unacceptable. Go ahead...keep making excuses for him

There’s a difference between excuses and responding to you just flat out making gross, inaccurate claims based on your own deep biases. Nothing you’re claiming is true. Even the great ones don’t throw to lockdown CBs unless the WR is clearly beating coverage. Which DK was not.

After every drive, Russ goes over to the sideline to look at film and what the defense is doing. He clearly saw DK being handled most of the time

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Scorpion05":qym2ojun said:
ludakrishna":qym2ojun said:
Seanhawk":qym2ojun said:

There’s a difference between excuses and responding to you just flat out making gross, inaccurate claims based on your own deep biases. Nothing you’re claiming is true. Even the great ones don’t throw to lockdown CBs unless the WR is clearly beating coverage. Which DK was not.

After every drive, Russ goes over to the sideline to look at film and what the defense is doing. He clearly saw DK being handled most of the time

I guess the HOF QB Troy Aikman was spewing lies as well during the game when he was amazed at DK not getting looked at. He’s more qualified than anyone on this site and him making those statements mean there were plays left of the table by Russ when he ignored DK completely. But then again, what does a HOF QB know when he makes that statement....

Elemas

Reaction score
I love Russ. But...he wasn't even looking DKs way
C'mon now...

Ramsey is a bad boy. IMO, the best CB in the league. But, you've gotta take a few shots when it's 1 v 1.

Carson is important. Tyler is important. Our TEs are pretty damn reliable these days. They're important. Needless to say, Russ is important.

But, this team has already started navigating towards the Atlanta (Julio Jones), old Detroit (Megatron), etc.. route. DK IS that guy for us. I'm not saying those teams records were great. Just saying that the offense benefits when guys like that are the primary targets. Each...and every....game.

Whether that fits Pete Ball or not, you can't deny greatness. And to think...it's just year 2.

The gameplan HAS to include him. 4 targets doesn't and won't work.

You can argue for Tyler and boy oh boy do I love me some Tyler Lockett. But, DKs our #1.

When he's coming back to the huddle pissed...a lot of that was due to frustration with Ramsey being on him like white on rice. But, a good bit of it was due to him beating coverage and not even getting a glance from Russ.

Aikman called it out...repeatedly. if you don't think that's wrong...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":39vmi6w4 said:
Seanhawk":39vmi6w4 said:

The hell you talking about? What's trash talking have to do with it? You didn't mention it AT ALL in your original post. I'm not making excuses, just stated a fact.

Torc

Reaction score
TreeRon":vws949hi said:
"I hate Aaron Rodgers. But when we were in the LOB hay day, he would test Sherm 4-5 times a game to keep our defense honest and not tilt too much into the other side of the field."

I remember one particular game where Rogers did not throw to Sherm's side of the field one time. The announcers even made note of it.

That was the comeback in the NFC championship. Sherman was injured, holding one arm at his side and playing through it/refusing to come out, and Rodgers STILL didn't throw his direction.

John63

Reaction score
Hmm more crap from the hater corps. So when one of you show some actual stats to support your BS. Till then it will go down as more worthless hater bs. FYI DK was targeted 5 times today. He dropped 2. So that would make this hateraide bs WRONG.

chris98251

Reaction score
He dropped two, one in the End zone was weird, he was unobstructed, sometimes a ball thrown straight at you head high is the hardest to track, but he should have had that one.

One mid field, that was looking to make a move before he secured the ball, young player mistake, had he caught that in stride he would have been gone and I think he was peeking at who was there.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1m7qovng said:
Scorpion05":1m7qovng said:
ludakrishna":1m7qovng said:
Seanhawk":1m7qovng said:

I guess the HOF QB Troy Aikman was spewing lies as well during the game when he was amazed at DK not getting looked at. He’s more qualified than anyone on this site and him making those statements mean there were plays left of the table by Russ when he ignored DK completely. But then again, what does a HOF QB know when he makes that statement....

Hes a HOF and absolutely knows more about football than anyone on this site. However, I guarantee there are people on this site who have watched a hell of a lot more Seahawks games than him.

As an example. I know that Aaron Rodgers never threw in Sherman’s direction opening night 2014 and admitted he was avoiding him Does that mean I know more about football? No. But I know my Seahawks stats.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's ask Slay if Russ is "chicken"
He's one of the best in the league, period. And got absolutely owned by DK.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ludakrishna":tdo7nlig said:
And now Ramsay vs DK.

Not true. Watch any of the NFL film breakdowns of how great Ramsey covered DK in that game. Almost had a perfect PFF score.

Throw in the fact that Russell had a terrible game against the Rams, was jumpy, hesitant and seeing ghosts after the first quarter because of how well the Ram's front seven was hitting and harassing him, explains the few times he did throw to DK, but missed him........or didn't see him at all.

If Russell was chicken, then why has DK had two of his biggest games so far this season again Gilmore and Slay, two All Pro's and the defending defensive player of the year?

Latest posts