Is Russell chicken to throw at Alpha CB?

Elemas

Reaction score
I think terms like "afraid" and "scared" don't apply to Russ.

But, it definitely looked like he wasn't even looking DKs way. Besides Ramsey's experience and lockdown type ability, who knows how the gameplan was designed that day.

DK is still figuring things out as well. He played Slay a bit more aggressively than Ramsey. He was also the antagonist, in control, and frustrated Slay whereas it appears he didn't have that advantage against Ramsey.

I have a feeling DKs going to get his in the rematch.

As a fanbase, we are blessed having a QB like Russ and an ELITE receiver in DK.

If DK works on those hands (drops), I'd argue anyone down who says he's not a top 3 WR. He may be the best...in year 2.

Absolutely crazy...

Russ? Goes without saying...

Reaction score
It's only a problem if we are struggling to move the ball. If we don't throw to a guy like DK but can march down the field by throwing to Lockett, Moore, Olsen, Dissly etc., who cares? I'm not interested in feeding DK or any other receiver, I want to win games. If the other options aren't open and DK is in a one on one, then that's when he should be targeted but no matter how good he is, don't throw to him if there are better options available.

DK is a great receiver but him not being targeted is not necessarily a problem. As long as we're moving the ball, that's all that matters, even if a guy like Ramsay can claim a victory because he should DK out. All of that is just petty nonsense, it's not what should matter. Winning games is what matters.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1z1z4yao said:
Scorpion05":1z1z4yao said:
ludakrishna":1z1z4yao said:
Seanhawk":1z1z4yao said:
He didn't seem to have a problem throwing at Gilmore.

Gilmore is not a trash talker. Ramsay, Sherm, Norman are in the ears of the opposing team. Russ has a tendency to block of an entire side of the field going back to 2014. Unacceptable. Go ahead...keep making excuses for him

There’s a difference between excuses and responding to you just flat out making gross, inaccurate claims based on your own deep biases. Nothing you’re claiming is true. Even the great ones don’t throw to lockdown CBs unless the WR is clearly beating coverage. Which DK was not.

After every drive, Russ goes over to the sideline to look at film and what the defense is doing. He clearly saw DK being handled most of the time

I guess the HOF QB Troy Aikman was spewing lies as well during the game when he was amazed at DK not getting looked at. He’s more qualified than anyone on this site and him making those statements mean there were plays left of the table by Russ when he ignored DK completely. But then again, what does a HOF QB know when he makes that statement....
What a "HOF QB (and you) does NOT know when he makes that statement", is that HE is not the Seahawks Head COACH, nor is he privy to the inner workings of the Seahawks Offensive systems, IN PARTICULAR, not taking care of the ball, or taking unnecessary chances kind of sticks in Pete Carroll's craw.
Suggesting fear?...LOLOL c'mon man.

Elemas

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":odhe49fq said:
It's only a problem if we are struggling to move the ball. If we don't throw to a guy like DK but can march down the field by throwing to Lockett, Moore, Olsen, Dissly etc., who cares? I'm not interested in feeding DK or any other receiver, I want to win games. If the other options aren't open and DK is in a one on one, then that's when he should be targeted but no matter how good he is, don't throw to him if there are better options available.

DK is a great receiver but him not being targeted is not necessarily a problem. As long as we're moving the ball, that's all that matters, even if a guy like Ramsay can claim a victory because he should DK out. All of that is just petty nonsense, it's not what should matter. Winning games is what matters.

I agree about winning games. Who can argue against that?
But, you're totally missing the point.

We lost this game...we were struggling to move the ball. DK was targeted 4 times. There were a lot of opportunities when it was 1 v 1 coverage.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's so much the Alpha CB, but it's "the look". Like he likes to see his WR OPEN before he throws vs throwing it thinking "Oh yeah X is gonna beat that guy no problem". I do believe he is starting to trust DK more and more to put his reputation as a passer in the hands of his receiver. Because let's face it when you're going to throw the ball and let your WR battle for it, if it doesn't workout people are gonna criticize the crap out of your judgement.

I think there is also another thing at play while everyone is so focused on DK right now....Tyler Lockett. To my understanding he's battling some injury (I didn't dive to deep into it), and we all know #1 does better when #2 is playing better and vice versa. The success of the two (and RW) are really all dependent on each other.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Elemas":38jh7j7d said:
BoltonWanderer":38jh7j7d said:

We lost this game...we were struggling to move the ball. DK was targeted 4 times. There were a lot of opportunities when it was 1 v 1 coverage.

You know why I hate the "winning games argument" because that was the same damn argument we had for Bevell and Cable for years...you can still win games and have a problem that should be addressed.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To the question posed by the OP my answer is simply, NOPE!

It's not unusual for a Qb to not throw to WR covered by an opponent's #1 CB. Saying he doesn't and is afraid to do so is rubbish, and as requested above we need to see your proof and not anecdotes.

RW plays smart and usually is careful with the ball except when he's trying to force things or makes a misthrow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3nouhtzt said:
Elemas":3nouhtzt said:
BoltonWanderer":3nouhtzt said:

You know why I hate the "winning games argument" because that was the same damn argument we had for Bevell and Cable for years...you can still win games and have a problem that should be addressed.

What's the problem again?

DK's posted two of his best games this year against Slay and Gilmore, two Pro Bowlers, and one the defensive player of the year last year.

So I don't even know why this thread exists, there's no factual or statistical evidence that Russell avoids good CB's, especially if we're talking about DK.

John63

Reaction score
Why is this crap thread even still going? the whole OP is crap, not supported by fact and just plain stupid

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2yj531j6 said:
I hate Aaron Rodgers. But when we were in the LOB hay day, he would test Sherm 4-5 times a game to keep our defense honest and not tilt too much into the other side of the field.
There was also a game where Rodgers didn't throw toward Sherman once the entire game.

LTH

Reaction score
Russ Is not afraid of anyone... any thing or any team... This guy has superior confidence period... Russ believes he can beat any corner, any D... there is not even the slightest question in his mind, none... zip...nodda LOL

LTH

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
LTH":32if4hvm said:
Russ Is not afraid of anyone... any thing or any team... This guy has superior confidence period... Russ believes he can beat any corner, any D... there is not even the slightest question in his mind, none... zip...nodda LOL

LTH

I agree, LTH. Russ is mostly unflappable, and can put the ball where it needs to be.

But whether his WRs can beat the corners and get separation is another question. I wouldn't dare throw to my WRs if that was in doubt. It would have nothing to do with my personal skills or confidence in my own abilities.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The premise of this thread uses Wilson’s third year... in the Super Bowl. It’s 2020.