Is Russell Wilson Fake?

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":nkwtbcyv said:
https://storify.com/jwkpfk/doug-baldwin-russell-wilson-spat

This is really a matter of belief. In reality it's probably a little of both sincerity and exploitation. Whether the chicken came before the egg is a different story and would never be known unless things like the link above are true or not and even then that was just Doug's opinion at the time and may not be as such now. Most Hawks fans cannot be objective about things like this though. The average NFL fanhood is a lot closer to gang related or even religious than not.

One thing that is true about it is that the kids do get something out of it, regardless of reasoning.

Great except no were does it say that is about Wilson, you are assuming. Lets say it is about Wilson Perhaps Doug did not understand why it is being put out there. Perhaps there are good reasons, like to bring more publicity to the cause. Maybe the patients family want it, maybe the hospital want it hoping for donations. You are assuming a lot because it fits your agenda, which is fine, but that does not make it right. IN the end as long as the patients get something good out of it the rest is not that important in the big scheme of things. I mean don't you think if they felt they were being exploited they would say no? Of course they would. For every negative way to look at what is happening there are 10 good ways. Which way you chose says a lot about you as a person. When I mean you I do not mean you specifically but people in general.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
An attention whore is an attention whore. For me, that's not really the underlying question. When it comes to large sums of money and a "brand," the question is why and who benefits. If it really were solely about the kids we'd never even see any of this stuff, but that's not the case. OTOH, many Christians do stuff like this and advertise it to spread the glory of God and all that too. There are probably lots of reasons, but the fact of the matter is that he advertises his deeds.

It won't be known and people will believe what they will.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony!":25rzs0ak said:
vin.couve12":25rzs0ak said:
https://storify.com/jwkpfk/doug-baldwin-russell-wilson-spat

This is really a matter of belief. In reality it's probably a little of both sincerity and exploitation. Whether the chicken came before the egg is a different story and would never be known unless things like the link above are true or not and even then that was just Doug's opinion at the time and may not be as such now. Most Hawks fans cannot be objective about things like this though. The average NFL fanhood is a lot closer to gang related or even religious than not.

One thing that is true about it is that the kids do get something out of it, regardless of reasoning.

Great except no were does it say that is about Wilson, you are assuming. Lets say it is about Wilson Perhaps Doug did not understand why it is being put out there. Perhaps there are good reasons, like to bring more publicity to the cause. Maybe the patients family want it, maybe the hospital want it hoping for donations. You are assuming a lot because it fits your agenda, which is fine, but that does not make it right. IN the end as long as the patients get something good out of it the rest is not that important in the big scheme of things. I mean don't you think if they felt they were being exploited they would say no? Of course they would. For every negative way to look at what is happening there are 10 good ways. Which way you chose says a lot about you as a person. When I mean you I do not mean you specifically but people in general.

I don't have an agenda and don't care about negative vs positive nonsense. The question was asked and I answered.

All of the rationalizing is...other stuff. Brand, money, Christianity, and I'm sure some sincerity all play a part. You are right though. You can choose to see what you want to.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":13j88e8h said:
An attention whore is an attention whore. For me, that's not really the underlying question. When it comes to large sums of money and a "brand," the question is why and who benefits. If it really were solely about the kids we'd never even see any of this stuff, but that's not the case.

I am so sorry.

253hawk

Reaction score
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There's just no pleasing some people (who will just sit back and armchair-critique everything according to their own golden standard).

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":246ta9zr said:
So how often should he be broadcasting these visits?

I suppose the answer is entirely dependent on how much arbitrary information (like tweets) pisses you off? :x

Natethegreat

Reaction score
It amazes me people get upset because Russ tweets a picture of him visiting with these kids. What a thing to be upset by. Says a lot more about you than Russ or anyone else.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":38753wri said:
An attention whore is an attention whore. For me, that's not really the underlying question. When it comes to large sums of money and a "brand," the question is why and who benefits. If it really were solely about the kids we'd never even see any of this stuff, but that's not the case. OTOH, many Christians do stuff like this and advertise it to spread the glory of God and all that too. There are probably lots of reasons, but the fact of the matter is that he advertises his deeds.

Yes, he "advertises" his deeds in hopes that others maybe will be inspired to donate or volunteer, or just be aware of all the great things the Children's Hospital does. Seriously, it's one of the most amazing beautiful organizations and hospitals on our planet.

Seriously, 2016, the year of being outraged over literally anything. Russell could post an Instagram picture of a tree and there'd be 500 negative comments.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":35usg4zh said:

Jesus wept...

/thread before my head spins completely off my shoulders.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If attention is what drives him to do wonderful things for other people, then I have no problem with him indulging in the attention he gets for doing it. What a silly thing to get upset about. That's like criticizing a man for volunteering for a charitable cause because he said it makes him feel good.

How dare somebody enjoy a particular aspect of doing good things! You must suffer, or it is not legit!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3a70g9gk said:
vin.couve12":3a70g9gk said:

Yes, he "advertises" his deeds in hopes that others maybe will be inspired to donate or volunteer, or just be aware of all the great things the Children's Hospital does. Seriously, it's one of the most amazing beautiful organizations and hospitals on our planet.

Seriously, 2016, the year of being outraged over literally anything. Russell could post an Instagram picture of a tree and there'd be 500 negative comments.

Freakin' environmentalists!

erik2690

Reaction score
He doesn't megaphone out every little thing either. It was the smallest moment that was completely unacknowledged by Wilson, but he did a FB live vid from the hospital a few weeks back and the lady who works at the hospital had him sign some jerseys and memorabilia for auction. As he's doing this and having a nice conversation with a couple of other volunteers the lady casually mentions that the last RW autograph batch they did raised $40,000 for the hospital. I never hear about that. He doesn't mention every time he helps raise money. It was just a 2 sec. moment and not mentioned again. I don't mean to get caught up in this because I don't find it a particularly valid critique on it's face, but he also simply doesn't broadcast all the work he does. He shares some pics on Tuesday and sometimes if there is a big event like "The Drive". Sharing the image or idea that volunteering can be a great thing to do coming from an athlete people like is a total benefit to the hospital and from everything I've seen the kids like him sharing the pics as well. It just really strikes me as a bad thing to spin in a negative way. Based on little things here and there I really doubt we hear anything from RW about a ton of the good deeds he does and the ones we do hear about or see seem to have positive effects on all parties involved so it seems really silly to complain.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6tctr7le said:
vin.couve12":6tctr7le said:

Irony.

At no point am I outraged regarding Wilson being about his brand. There isn't the belief behind it, unlike others.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
vin.couve12":26masizo said:
Sgt. Largent":26masizo said:
vin.couve12":26masizo said:

Irony.

At no point am I outraged regarding Wilson being about his brand. There isn't the belief behind it, unlike others.

You have called Russell an "attention whore," a "douche bag" and "a fake, annoying [pejorative for the female anatomy that can't be used on this board.]"

Without any evidence, you are assuming his motives for all the charity he does. And you judge him negatively for it.

IMO, Russell makes some people feel insecure about how little they contribute to society. That's why there are threads like this one trying to tear him down.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2016":278mtkib said:
vin.couve12":278mtkib said:
Sgt. Largent":278mtkib said:
vin.couve12":278mtkib said:

Irony.

You have called Russell an "attention whore," a "douche bag" and "a fake, annoying [pejorative for the female anatomy that can't be used on this board.]"

Without any evidence, you are assuming his motives for all the charity he does. And you judge him negatively for it.

IMO, Russell makes some people feel insecure about how little they contribute to society. That's why there are threads like this one trying to tear him down.

Tear him down? :lol:

Without any evidence? :lol:

Name calling, eh? I've also called him a very smart businessman, a great QB, and probably some other crap too, if you're counting negative vs positive or whatever.

I've stated that I don't think RW is a bad guy or even "sinister" as another person put it, but he certainly plays some strings. And, as I stated in another post, it's completely moot unless something strange happens for some crazy reason.

Even the word "brand" itself is telling. Its's not even his name. It's his brand. If he doesn't benefit someone else will. Like his shoes, for instance...makes a big difference after 250% ROI or whatever. Somebody's gonna do it and by being a very successful NFL QB, and Seahawks QB at that, he innately has customers. Followers even. Dude is going to be a big deal for a long time.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
vin.couve12":w0js86mo said:
hawknation2016":w0js86mo said:

Name calling, eh? I've also called him a very smart businessman, a great QB, and probably some other crap too, if you're counting negative vs positive or whatever.

I've stated that I don't think RW is a bad guy or even "sinister" as another person put it, but he certainly plays some strings. And, as I stated in another post, it's completely moot unless something strange happens for some crazy reason.

Even the word "brand" itself is telling. Its's not even his name. It's his brand. If he doesn't benefit someone else will. Like his shoes, for instance...makes a big difference after 250% ROI or whatever. Somebody's gonna do it and by being a very successful NFL QB, and Seahawks QB at that, he innately has customers. Followers even. Dude is going to be a big deal for a long time.

This is what we are becoming as a culture with the constant whining about everything, assuming motives, and turning positive contributions, like visiting sick children in the hospital, into something self-serving. There is nothing more annoying to me than do-nothing nihilists.

chris98251

Reaction score
For all of you that have stated he is a fake or has another agenda, how many times have you taken the time to go and volunteer to help sick children, elderly, infirmed, routinely ?

I would rather he be fake and helping someone be happy in a desperate situation for only a moment then never go at all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3tyfn589 said:
hawknation2016":3tyfn589 said:
vin.couve12":3tyfn589 said:
Sgt. Largent":3tyfn589 said:

Irony.

SLLM sums it up "sad Lonely little man" And I am not talking about a Hawk.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
We differ in opinion about what most of you think RW is vs my opinion of what is probable or even likely given some accounts, which again is more realistic than the proposed sainthood, but you can keep your weak arse personal attacks to yourself.

Sent from Tapatalk