Is the rumor true?

Fanatics

Reaction score
Lets be real here, the offense of this team is like playing street ball, Wilson is so good at making things happen when the plays breakdown that it has almost became a cornerstone of the offense. The patriots design was to limit those plays and not turn this into a brawl, which they were winning until Bevell got Matthews involved. Patriots made the adjustment for that and our offense became stagnant...I thought Bevell did a good job in this game at battling wits with Belichick until that last play. Although, I read somewhere that Beast had been stopped 4 out of 5 attempts from the 1 yard line this season, so the call makes a little more sense when you hear that...although I think Wilson should of saw the rook jump the route too. Plenty of blame to go around.

Jville

Reaction score
ManBunts":17bckoru said:
This is all I've seen on it:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -extension

Assuming Lynch doesn't get fed up with the NFL and Bevell ignoring him and just hang 'em up

Thank you for your courtesy in posting a link to the subject matter.

I think this years offer seeks an earlier decision from Marshawn. Once the calender gets into March, other discussions will begin and cap space will begin to shrink as agreements are announced . It come down to what Marshawn Lynch wants to do again this year.

Reaction score
jblaze":2wybk29h said:
Let's be clear here. Carroll asked for a pass play, Bevell called that specific pass play. Some blame to go around here but on the outside, it looks like a pass play was the right call on 2nd and 1 with 1 TO remaining with :26 left. That specific pass play was probably not the right one for the situation.

Should have been playaction rollout in my opinion.
Yes!

Go Hawks,
BillA

Hawks46

Reaction score
lobohawk":4ovxbogq said:
MizzouHawkGal":4ovxbogq said:
jblaze":4ovxbogq said:
Let's be clear here. Carroll asked for a pass play, Bevell called that specific pass play. Some blame to go around here but on the outside, it looks like a pass play was the right call on 2nd and 1 with 1 TO remaining with :26 left. That specific pass play was probably not the right one for the situation.

Should have been playaction rollout in my opinion.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Seriously why pick a play without several options in that kind of situation. To pass the ball wasn't a bad decision and may actually have been the correct decision (I don't completely agree if it is) but the type and location was asinine.

Agreed. Also have Matthews on the post corner route. With the TE leaking to that side, you have 2 big bodies to throw to, and the TE can block if Russell decides to take it in himself. You're honestly not stopping Wilson in that situation only needing 1 yard, and NE's OLB's hadn't been able to get a hand on Wilson all day.

If you're going to throw a pass, at the very least make it a play action pass. The Patriots had their run stuffing line in there, not their pass rushing line.

Yup. I would have preferred a tight formation with play action to Lynch and a roll-out. The TE would leak out of the scrum toward the roll-out side of the endzone. This gives Russell a chance to "read" the play and make the pass or throw it away.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sonicsdave":2wt4iyv5 said:
canhawkfan":2wt4iyv5 said:
I'm not sure how Bevell could look Marshawn in the eye after this.
Even if the hawks want to sign him, why would he come back at this point?

I'm scared as hell at what we would look like without Lynch, but this may be the time to part ways.

Carrol asked for a pass play it wasn't Bevell's fault.
But did he ask for this pass play?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
jblaze":1zdgb6jk said:
Seattle offered him a two year contract it was rumored. Supposedly it's tearing up next year and giving him a new two year contract with only next year guaranteed at 11m.

It's all speculation at this point but that is what pro football talk was saying.

If true that's a crappy offer. Lynch has talked about retiring on the early side but a one year deal with a second year team option for a 28 year old RB who's the best in the league is kinda insulting, IMO. Maybe he takes it, but if I was his agent I'd belly laugh at that.

Rat

Reaction score
Lynch has had his career made under Bevell. In Buffalo, he was one of those guys who showed flashes, but never put it together consistently. I didn't think he was all that special his first year here either. Bevell's offense made him Beast Mode, I can't see there being some kind of rift between the two.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I hated the play as much as anyone, but why should Lynch retire because of it? He's a competive guy, and leaving after that will eat away at him forever. Come back next year, and help lead Seattle to a super bowl win in his home area. That's the way I'm sure he wants to go out, not having to think of that play forever.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Exittium":21s5g08g said:
If I was lynch i wouldn't stay if bevell stays, that'd be my negotiation terms lol If he's gone I'll stay otherwise bye bye

Yea, because the Seahawks with Bevell only resurrected Lynch's career. He was on his way to obscurity with the Bills, with a bad rep that made him bad trade bait. The Seahawks brought him in and Bevell's offense has given him the stage to be the national star he is today.

You think hed rather go to, say, the Patriots where he gets to be the man a few games a season before Bill benches him for one of his many quirks? Yesterday the Pats deactivated a cat who had a 200 yard rushing game this season..

Bevell screwed up. Hugely. But there is some context to all this. Only Seattle would let Marshawn just be Marshawn.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Rat":18tseyol said:
Lynch has had his career made under Bevell. In Buffalo, he was one of those guys who showed flashes, but never put it together consistently. I didn't think he was all that special his first year here either. Bevell's offense made him Beast Mode, I can't see there being some kind of rift between the two.

People might think there's a rift because Lynch gave Bevell the finger from the field last year for calling a pass play rather than a run play at the goal line? And then Bevell just did it again and they may very well have lost the Super Bowl because of it.

Just saying. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
CPHawk":mfzs72e0 said:
I hated the play as much as anyone, but why should Lynch retire because of it? He's a competive guy, and leaving after that will eat away at him forever. Come back next year, and help lead Seattle to a super bowl win in his home area. That's the way I'm sure he wants to go out, not having to think of that play forever.

Are people saying he's going to retire because of that play? If so, I haven't heard that.

People talk about Lynch retiring because rumors about Lynch retiring have been swirling for a couple years now. He has a chronic back injury. He has been very open about wanting to get out of the game on the eariler side.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mv8jcoj said:
Exittium":2mv8jcoj said:
If I was lynch i wouldn't stay if bevell stays, that'd be my negotiation terms lol If he's gone I'll stay otherwise bye bye

players dictating coaching staff decisions?

Hey there Uncle si its seahawk dan here, Thanks again for all your help were to watch the game in Minneapolis ended up downtown very excellent party excellent atmosphere , too bad what happened in the games but we will win it all next year they are already Favorites.

Thanks again for sure I am not working super bowl weekend next year and being here on the pacific north heading to Frisco next year

Thanks

Dan

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Rat":a374p7ci said:

I can't see Lynch playing anywhere else than Seattle, all the attention he gets, Pete Carroll letting him act the way he does interviews etc. I think he will stay wanting to win one more Super Bowl and then he retires and we are favored again next year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete said on KIRO that they've been in the midst of negotiations with his agents "for awhile now"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Lynch comes back.

He has said many many times that he plays for the city of Oakland and the kids in his foundation that look up to him and need his support. So I can't imagine he'd pass up another 25-25 million dollars over the next 2-3 years (if that's indeed what the rumored extension is for).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":39zblrhi said:
Uncle Si":39zblrhi said:
Exittium":39zblrhi said:

players dictating coaching staff decisions?

Hey there Uncle si its seahawk dan here, Thanks again for all your help were to watch the game in Minneapolis ended up downtown very excellent party excellent atmosphere , too bad what happened in the games but we will win it all next year they are already Favorites.

Thanks again for sure I am not working super bowl weekend next year and being here on the pacific north heading to Frisco next year

Thanks

Dan

Hey man, glad it worked out.

Latest posts