Is there a chance the Hawks take a rb with a high pick?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A lot of these guys that I'm showing that I personally like really show the ability to create for themselves. The stopping, cutting, juking, spinning, whirling, breaking, trucking, etc while "in the trash" is really important at the NFL level. Not that they need to do it all the time, but the ability has to be there because at the NFL level you don't just get these big ol' holes all the time.

If you watch Bama backs over the last 3 years they get them big ol' holes all the time. If you're scouting RBs you have to take that into account as much as the level of play, whether you're looking at the SEC, PAC12, or D2 or whatever.

That said, I don't think we need to draft a RB high. I think one of these guys can provide us with some value in the 4th. MAYBE the 3rd. A guy like Ervin might be had in the 6th or 7th even. He and Pressley are the real home run hitters if that's what you're looking for. If you can give them a crease they're gone.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
pehawk":27ugm57q said:
Perkins film reeks of a player that's either amazing or really, really lucky. Either way he's worth an early day 3.
I think his peripheral vision and "feel" are pretty top notch. That combined with perfectly timed cuts allow him to make his own space. If you notice, in some of his stuff you see him at a dead sprint and he'll stop and put his head down slightly and let a player that he shouldn't even really see, run right by him. He really does kind of remind me of McCoy.

That said, what I don't know about him is how he runs between the tackles on a consistent basis. McCoy had a lot of growing pains in his first 3 years with just that. Huge tendency to bounce runs outside, which isn't abnormal for 200 poundish backs.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Man, every time I watch a Dixon reel or tape I'm just highly entertained. So many times you might think that one or more defenders has him dead to rights and stopped and he just isn't. Love the fire in that kid.

If we go RB in the 3rd I think Dixon would be my guy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":lhpr8d5g said:
Keith Marshall please
I guess when I mentioned Ervin and Pressley as the real home run threats, I kind of left Marshall out. He's got the best home run threat of all of them. His acceleration and n/s speed is insane.

[youtube]qcJ8k5zr9dI[/youtube]

[youtube]CEDaTV4p28o[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Reminds me of a road runner. Legs move so fast you almost don't even notice how much ground he covers until the angle is gone.

[youtube]LoogzsuvHZ4[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Was actually hanging out with a dude named Elliot tonight. Elliot the RB is probably going to be had within the first 20 rounds. On tape he really doesn't have a weakness. In the back of my mind, there's a lingering thought of Kijana Carter. After him, I couldn't really tell you who I'd draft in the 3rd if it even was the 3rd. I like Dixon a lot overall. Marshall could be a TD any time he touches the ball. Prosise would probably come later even though there's a part of his game that reminds me of Ricky Watters.

Either way, I don't know that you reach there. Maybe wait 'till the 4th? Meh...wouldn't know until the day of...or even the time of. You're talking poker on the clock at that point, except much more complicated.

MB12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2p0oz29h said:
I'm not so sure that Kennith Dixon isn't the back. He likes to finish his runs, sets up some of his own blocks, and also just happens to be adept in the passing game. NFL.com and just about everybody else has Henry, Jordan, and Booker listed ahead of him among others, but I don't like any of them more than Dixon as a back to add in the mix with our other two, assuming Rawls can return to form this next year. I really like the attitude that this kid plays with. Kind of has some of that Beast Mode fire.

[youtube]XqPnaMf3h6s[/youtube]

I'd love for the Seahawks to take Dixon. While not an outstanding athlete, I think he's an outstanding football player.

Here's what I wrote about him pre-combine (with tape): http://theviewsofa12.com/2016/02/20/dix ... r-seattle/

Largent80

Reaction score
I got to watch Perkins a lot when I lived in SoCal, and he's definitely a player the Hawks could use. Wore #24 too and at times I called him MiniBeast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seabowl":3gc6385p said:
I know there are glaring needs in other areas however I'm not so sure I'm that comfortable with our rb situation as it stands now. Rawls was great last year but he's coming off a major injury and Michael is well... Michael. If one of the top rb drops to our spot (1st or 2nd rd) do you think there is a chance we take a rb? Again I know other areas are a concern OL, and maybe WR, CB, DL depth but the backfield the way it stands now is concerning.

Thoughts?
No. Rawls is proven and we need OL. Besides next year is a much better draft for running backs. Why do you think we signed Christine Michael, because he's good or something? We'll just get some nobody via UDFA if we need to.

We will draft OL, DT, and DB count on it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm guessing since Henry is coming in for an official visit, he WON'T be drafted by the Hawks. Seems like they usually use visits as a smokescreen. Anybody have any actual tallies on visits and draft selections to know if that is correct?

cdallan

Reaction score
HawkGA":375xt8u7 said:
I'm guessing since Henry is coming in for an official visit, he WON'T be drafted by the Hawks. Seems like they usually use visits as a smokescreen. Anybody have any actual tallies on visits and draft selections to know if that is correct?

CMike was an official visit.

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkGA":gd7a2ekt said:

Screen Shot 2015 04 28 at 42333 PM0

Last year's list. I think 4 of our drafted players were team visits. In addition, none of those names look like smoke screenz. They all look like legit Seahakws propsects, just as Henry has the look of a legit prospect for us.

That being said, tthree names come to mind from the last 4 years that were conspicuously absent from the visit lists. Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett . . . All three were players Seattle felt like they had to have.

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2vwwoap6 said:
HawkGA":2vwwoap6 said:

Last year's list. I think 4 of our drafted players were team visits. In addition, none of those names look like smoke screenz. They all look like legit Seahakws propsects, just as Henry has the look of a legit prospect for us.

That being said, tthree names come to mind from the last 4 years that were conspicuously absent from the visit lists. Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett . . . All three were players Seattle felt like they had to have.

Luke a pre-draft visit guy? I know he was a must have in a draft also.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MB12":zv432pgu said:
vin.couve12":zv432pgu said:
I'm not so sure that Kennith Dixon isn't the back. He likes to finish his runs, sets up some of his own blocks, and also just happens to be adept in the passing game. NFL.com and just about everybody else has Henry, Jordan, and Booker listed ahead of him among others, but I don't like any of them more than Dixon as a back to add in the mix with our other two, assuming Rawls can return to form this next year. I really like the attitude that this kid plays with. Kind of has some of that Beast Mode fire.

I'd love for the Seahawks to take Dixon. While not an outstanding athlete, I think he's an outstanding football player.

Here's what I wrote about him pre-combine (with tape): http://theviewsofa12.com/2016/02/20/dix ... r-seattle/
Great stuff, man.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This thread is late to the party. Funnily enough it's already been discussed at length in the draft forum.

Fwiw the point of that thread is that JS/PC have both said Rawls and Michael are the 1 2 punch which screams RB early in the draft. I think Henry at 26 is a done deal.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO there is no way they use there first round draft pick on a RB. Unless it is a clone of ML then no way. The value is not there. The difference between RB will not be much for us as a team. We are not looking for a guy to come in and be a number 1. Knowing this crew they will trade there first round pick away. People also forget there is a price that comes with first round picks. They cost more. When you are close in cap space as are we these things factor into decisions as well.

MB12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":37gvkgva said:
MB12":37gvkgva said:
vin.couve12":37gvkgva said:

Great stuff, man.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
McGruff":307zwsm1 said:
HawkGA":307zwsm1 said:

Good stuff McGruff.
I wasnt so excited about Henry until the invite. The knock on Henry is his upright style but then he's not near as upright runner as greats like Jim Brown. At 6'3" 245 lbs running 4.5 sec 40 he is bigger, faster and smoother than Brown too. Intrigues me to possibly have Henry spelling for Rawls. Rawls is a bruiser already then comes Henry to bring the load.