Is there any scenario?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3d25xgs3 said:
It is a lot of factors.

A good percentage of our population (even the young people) down here have moved from elsewhere.....usually cold midwestern cities and even the northwest.

When I go out Sunday mornings here in Chandler, its a cornucopia of jerseys from all over.

When I visit Seattle on a Sunday, its a sea of blue everywhere.

Its just not the same atmosphere at all.

Very true. You wear your team colors in Philly and you're putting your life at risk. Wear them in Arizona and no one even raises an eyebrow.

A friend of mine from Phoenix told me once that "everybody is from someplace else", and they bring their home grown allegiances with them. They've actually had to implement polices like "Protect the Nest", an effort to try to make it more difficult for visiting fans to buy tickets.

Plus it's just not football country down there. They're more interested in NASCAR and golf than they are football.

razor150

Reaction score
Uncle Si":30sewjxz said:
Every Viking fan I know out here would prefer to play the Cardinals to every team in the playoffs not from the NFC East... There is a lot about that matchup they feel confident about.

And now their QB is playing well... hard to say they don't have a chance against anyone. I could see them winning out and taking the North.

Only thing they haven't done is beat a "good" team.

The Panthers haven't beaten a team with a winning record, at the time they face them. I think we are the only team they beat that ended up with a winning record. Considering our team was terrible when we played them, the week before we gave up 30 points to the Rams, and we still almost beat them.

If there is a paper tiger, my money is on the Panthers. Cardinals are the real thing, as are the Packers when they show up. The Vikings are probably a year or so away.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AZ_fan":19xkne7l said:
I do laugh at the comments though that say that other teams have no chance just because the Seahawks are on a roll right now.

I'm here a lot AZ, I haven't seen anyone say other teams have no chance. I think you're exaggerating to help your points.

It's the NFL playoffs, other than the occasional terrible division winner vs. very good team matchup? Usually all very close games.

As far as Arizona, I'm interested to see how your defense changes without the Honey Badger. Because I think it'll be very similar to us without Kam, changes the ENTIRE continuity of the defense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3lot6g8b said:
You mean 2012... which is about as relevant as the 14-0 Panthers having no chance against the Seahawks because they lost to them last year and the year before right?

No.. you're banging the "Seattle can't win on the road" drum that hasn't been valid for many years. Further the only NFC team that figures to potentially host the Seahawks with a real HFA is Green Bay. The Seahawks have already won in Carolina and Arizona. The Seahawks have already won in the playoffs against Washington. The Seahawks dominated the Eagles in Philly and the Vikings in Minneapolis. This fun little narrative you keep spewing has no factual bearing on anything. And, the Seahawks lost in 2012 to Atlanta because of a slow start and an injury to their best pass rusher the week before in Washington.. had nothing to do with being on the road. Hell, they have had miserably slow starts in the last two NFC Championships and in Super Bowl XLIX too.

I've never said the Panthers have "no chance" .. maybe others have, but thats fan bravado. Every game against Carolina has been very close - including this years matchup. But to deny that Seattle has a very good chance to beat them because the game would be in Charlotte is beyond stupid.

AZ_fan":3lot6g8b said:
You get the point I was trying to make. Don't sleep on the Redskins.

I'm a fan. I can sleep on every team in the playoffs if my heart desires. The team sure as hell won't sleep on them though. Especially since they are coached by a man that won a playoff game with a losing record.

Polaris

Reaction score
AZ_fan":mlwnhqpf said:
I fully acknowledge that Seattle is playing better football now than they were 3-4 months ago. But so is Carolina. So is Arizona. So are a lot of teams.

Stop. JUST STOP

By putting it this way you ARE refusing to admit that Seattle really is light years better right now than they were a few months ago, and no Carolina and Arizona really aren't playing at least that much better than they were. In fact Arizona (at least until the Eagles game) was actually statistically playing *worse* than it was earlier in the season.....good enough to still win, true, but worse.

I don't say that. Football Outsiders and DVOA says that. By any objective advanced statistical measure, Seattle is not only playing better but FAR better now than then going from about #10-12 in DVOA to second (first in adjusted DVOA). Arizona has actually dropped and Carolina has been a pretty steady 4-6 region which is excellent but not 14-0 worthy.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":36b38gcm said:
Hawkpower":36b38gcm said:
You still don't (and won't ) acknowledge that those losses early in the year (that all easily could have been wins) came at a time where Seattle was not playing nearly as well as they are now. Minnesota on the road likely would have been a loss, or at the very least a close game in September. Instead we blew their doors off. Cleveland at home? We barely beat Detroit early in the year. This is not the same team, but go ahead and keep closing your eyes and wishing that our record right now means anything.

As for respect to Carolina, your own "Burns and Gambo" have said repeatedly that they would rather play Carolina on the road than face Seattle at home. Seems like maybe you need to lecture your own about "respect"

Or maybe, they just know what you refuse to admit :)

Sure they could have been wins... but they weren't.

I fully acknowledge that Seattle is playing better football now than they were 3-4 months ago. But so is Carolina. So is Arizona. So are a lot of teams.

9-5 saying you should be 12-2 is like us saying we are 12-2 and should be 14-0. We should be... both games we lost we beat ourselves. But guess what? We still lost.

Regarding respect... I respect any and all playoff teams. One thing I don't do is fly off at the mouth about how if my team continues to play like they have that others teams have no chance... which I've seen quite a bit from the Seattle faithful.

Confidence is great... arrogance is only asking for a big bowl of crow.to feast on.

Hell yes I am confident that we can win it all... but I am not going to make any bold predictions about how other teams have no chance against us. Sorry I'm a realist and the finality of the playoffs can be brutal...

... imagine for a moment if Seattle were to go into Washington and lose. Crazy right? Might not be. Washington has looked good lately (like Seattle) and is 6-2 at home.

I spell that game T R A P.

(... and yeah, I'm aware that Green Bay could come into Arizona and beat us.. like I said I'm a realist)

Good luck.

How is Arizona playing better? By what measure? They are still playing well, but better?

No Seahawk fan I see on this board is claiming that they are invincible, put that strawman away.

Seattle fans have a right to be confident. This team has proven it when it counts.

To this point, Arizona has not. So yeah, we have earned some arrogance. Win some games that count, and you can have some too.

Until then, don't expect to come here see anything different, especially when Seattle is playing lights out football once again in December.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jk4npvz said:
AZ_fan":2jk4npvz said:
I do laugh at the comments though that say that other teams have no chance just because the Seahawks are on a roll right now.

I'm here a lot AZ, I haven't seen anyone say other teams have no chance. I think you're exaggerating to help your points.

It's the NFL playoffs, other than the occasional terrible division winner vs. very good team matchup? Usually all very close games.

As far as Arizona, I'm interested to see how your defense changes without the Honey Badger. Because I think it'll be very similar to us without Kam, changes the ENTIRE continuity of the defense.

Maybe I worded it wrong I dunno... I was mainly referring to all the "if we continue to play like we have nobody will beat us" that I've seen multiple times...

We could be 14-0 and I'd still be worried about Carolina. I guess that's just me being a realist.

As for HB... it's a horrible loss but glad it wasn't Carson. The latter would be a season ender... like last year.

Hasselbeck":2jk4npvz said:
You mean 2012... which is about as relevant as the 14-0 Panthers having no chance against the Seahawks because they lost to them last year and the year before right?
No.. you're banging the "Seattle can't win on the road" drum that hasn't been valid for many years. Further the only NFC team that figures to potentially host the Seahawks with a real HFA is Green Bay. The Seahawks have already won in Carolina and Arizona..

I dunno.... I thought we were talking about the RW era... 2012 the team was horrible on the road during the season and lost on the road in the playoffs.

2013 and 2014 they had HFA.... so excuse me for not buying into the whole road thing. Winning in Carolina and Arizona hasn't happened in the playoffs... if it does, I'll eat my crow. If not you can have it.

Since we are talking about how Seattle has already beat Arizona, can I throw in the fact that Palmer is 2-1 against the Seahawks? It's only fair right considering how the Seahawks have dominated us when we've had 3rd string QB's under center.

Anyway, we are 3 weeks away from seeing just how good Seattle is on the road. You'll get your chance to tell me I was wrong.

Polaris":2jk4npvz said:

Stop. JUST STOP

By putting it this way you ARE refusing to admit that Seattle really is light years better right now than they were a few months ago, and no Carolina and Arizona really aren't playing at least that much better than they were. In fact Arizona (at least until the Eagles game) was actually statistically playing *worse* than it was earlier in the season.....good enough to still win, true, but worse.

I don't say that. Football Outsiders and DVOA says that. By any objective advanced statistical measure, Seattle is not only playing better but FAR better now than then going from about #10-12 in DVOA to second (first in adjusted DVOA). Arizona has actually dropped and Carolina has been a pretty steady 4-6 region which is excellent but not 14-0 worthy.

Better? Absolutely. Light years? I dunno. How bad were you guys? Nowak and Williams were the flaws right?

I'm really not interested in going on and on about FO and DVOA... in the end W's and L's are all that matter.

Seattle has won 5 straight... Arizona has won 8 straight... Carolina has won 14 straight.

I know... Carolina hasn't played anybody and we lost to Landry Jones.... and 3 of Seattle's 5 wins during their run have come at the expense of the 49ers, Ravens and Browns... the best garbage the NFL has to offer to inflate a team's stats.

We can debate this till the cow's come home but I'd rather not... Have a great rest of your day.

Hawkpower":2jk4npvz said:
How is Arizona playing better? By what measure? They are still playing well, but better?

Wins. The same standard that Seattle is graded on.

Peace... I'm out. :th2thumbs:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":30pn5prd said:
Sgt. Largent":30pn5prd said:

Maybe I worded it wrong I dunno... I was mainly referring to all the "if we continue to play like we have nobody will beat us" that I've seen multiple times...

We could be 14-0 and I'd still be worried about Carolina. I guess that's just me being a realist.

As for HB... it's a horrible loss but glad it wasn't Carson. The latter would be a season ender... like last year.

Hasselbeck":30pn5prd said:
No.. you're banging the "Seattle can't win on the road" drum that hasn't been valid for many years. Further the only NFC team that figures to potentially host the Seahawks with a real HFA is Green Bay. The Seahawks have already won in Carolina and Arizona..

I dunno.... I thought we were talking about the RW era... 2012 the team was horrible on the road during the season and lost on the road in the playoffs.

2013 and 2014 they had HFA.... so excuse me for not buying into the whole road thing. Winning in Carolina and Arizona hasn't happened in the playoffs... if it does, I'll eat my crow. If not you can have it.

Since we are talking about how Seattle has already beat Arizona, can I throw in the fact that Palmer is 2-1 against the Seahawks? It's only fair right considering how the Seahawks have dominated us when we've had 3rd string QB's under center.

Anyway, we are 3 weeks away from seeing just how good Seattle is on the road. You'll get your chance to tell me I was wrong.

Polaris":30pn5prd said:

Stop. JUST STOP

Better? Absolutely. Light years? I dunno. How bad were you guys? Nowak and Williams were the flaws right?

I'm really not interested in going on and on about FO and DVOA... in the end W's and L's are all that matter.

Seattle has won 5 straight... Arizona has won 8 straight... Carolina has won 14 straight.

I know... Carolina hasn't played anybody and we lost to Landry Jones.... and 3 of Seattle's 5 wins during their run have come at the expense of the 49ers, Ravens and Browns... the best garbage the NFL has to offer to inflate a team's stats.

We can debate this till the cow's come home but I'd rather not... Have a great rest of your day.

Hawkpower":30pn5prd said:

For someone who would "rather not debate it" you sure debate it a lot.

Once again, Seattle has earned their confidence. They are the 2 time defending NFC champs until proven otherwise.

AZ? Not yet. Time will tell.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
literally lol at the reasoning behind "we beat Carolina in Carolina, so going to Carolina doesn't scare me"....talking about a game from October 2014

sleep on Carolina all yall want. Cam Newton is playing better than any player in the league right now and somehow turned Carolina into the top offense in the NFL. The Panthers defense is top five and can be great, when they aren't falling asleep with 35-7 leads.
Charlotte is going to be an INSANE playoff atmosphere. Sure, the stadium may not be designed to reach a certain decibel, but it'll be loud as hell. It's not going to be a typical October 2014 atmosphere.

Looking forward to it. The Super Bowl champ will come from the NFC I believe, and I think it'll come down to either the Panthers, Cards or Hawks, in that order.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":3unlfcd6 said:
literally lol at the reasoning behind "we beat Carolina in Carolina, so going to Carolina doesn't scare me"....talking about a game from October 2014

sleep on Carolina all yall want. Cam Newton is playing better than any player in the league right now and somehow turned Carolina into the top offense in the NFL. The Panthers defense is top five and can be great, when they aren't falling asleep with 35-7 leads.
Charlotte is going to be an INSANE playoff atmosphere. Sure, the stadium may not be designed to reach a certain decibel, but it'll be loud as hell. It's not going to be a typical October 2014 atmosphere.

Looking forward to it. The Super Bowl champ will come from the NFC I believe, and I think it'll come down to either the Panthers, Cards or Hawks, in that order.

Every NFL fan says that about traveling to an opponents stadium after picking up recent wins. Its natural.

I think Carolina, at least for a while this year, suffered from the notion of "how are they winning so much with that roster" syndrome.

Obviously, people are coming around because, well, they just keep finding ways to win week after week.

The truth though is that both Seattle and AZ boast more talented teams than Carolina.

The Panthers will be a tough out for sure, but they don't scare anybody. Maybe they should, but they just don't.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1i72cjnh said:

No one in the nfl, media, or this forum is ' sleeping on' the Panthers.

Jeesh. I remember the chip i had when we didn't have any super bowls. So, on that note, you're forgiven.

The general consensus is that the hawks have played competitively to Carolina since 2010, so competitively in fact we're 5-1 over you in that span, and your recent win, while deservedly earned, was an incredible comeback with us holding a significant lead down the stretch.

So, ultimately, we're the ones accustomed to insane playoff atmospheres, we're the ones who have came out on top in the majority of the recent battles, (the one we lost being one we were definitely in command of until you took it away, again, deserved win,) and anyways, my question to you is do you think cam's postseason rating is going to be 100 like what he's hovering now on the season or more like 79/80 like his average postseasons previously?. And btw, somebody has more yards and a better passer rating than your boy right now in his mvp season, all the while Wilson playing the league's eighth hardest schedule. Don't worry though, cam has played the twenty ninth, so I'm sure that doesn't factor in at all. soooo....

Why would any Seahawks fan be scared?. It'd be another good, tight game and in the NFL playoffs that's about all you can ask for.

Polaris

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2yrqdeaq said:
Polaris":2yrqdeaq said:
AZ_fan":2yrqdeaq said:

Stop. JUST STOP

Oh please. Now you're embarrassing yourself. I remember it was not too long ago that the Arizona fans here couldn't help but throw their NFL leading DVOA in our faces as to how good they were and how rotten we were (although Seattle was never bad in DVOA even at our worst). From then to now Seattle has improved by more than +20% in overall DVOA and that IS light-years.

I am hearing goalposts shifting. No one is saying that Arizona hasn't won. In fact I said specifically that, but how WELL a team plays during those wins and losses CAN and HAS been measured and Arizona has been on a steady overall decline for the same past 8 games and I remind you that Arizona's game in Seattle was according to the advanced stats the WORST game Arizona played all year (and the best Seattle had played to that point in the season). In fact Aaron Schatz of football outsiders came just short of saying that Arizona won because of the officiating. He can't go there. I can and just did. [That isn't to say that Seattle didn't make their own mistakes that cost them because they did, but the unequal officiating directly contributed to Arizona's not only to get ahead but to come back from behind late.]

You mean when the advanced stats no longer support your thesis you don't want to use them. Don't go there. The whole POINT of using advanced stats is to account for the noise such as schedule, opposing QBs, etc. DVOA does this.

Hawkpower":2yrqdeaq said:

You want to use the standard that favors you the most. I seem to recall that DVOA was Arizona's favorite measurement not two months ago. Hmmmmm.......

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1cy1eqzk said:
Cary Kollins":1cy1eqzk said:

The truth though is that both Seattle and AZ boast more talented teams than Carolina.

Why? How? That was a no brainer last January when Brenton Bersin slipped but was the #1 read on the Kam Quake play, Byron Bell was at LT, Star out, Unger in, but in 2015 I don't know.

Both sides can wax poetic about Wilson/Newton, Sherman/Norman, Wagner/Kuechly, etc., but giving up multiple picks for Percy while the Panthers get Star/Short/Klein in 2013, taking Richardson while the Panthers get Ealy in 2014, signing Williams while the Panthers get Tillman in 2015, etc. takes its toll over time.

Not saying it's not debatable or close-i.e. most would still say the Panthers WRs are the worst in football-and I know the Hawks OL has played better, but since centers and guards don't play fantasy football, it's difficult for people to realize how good Turner/Kalil/Norwell are in the middle now when healthy.

Even the gimp 2014 Panthers with Hollywood storylines were able to pave Stewart for over 5 yards a pop against the Hawks and Cards in January. IMO the interior OL gives the Panthers a trump card over both teams at this moment.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":4qvxp1fo said:
Hawkpower":4qvxp1fo said:
Cary Kollins":4qvxp1fo said:

Why? How? That was a no brainier last January when Brenton Bersin slipped but was the #1 read on the Kam Quake play, Byron Bell was at LT, Star out, Unger in, but in 2015 I don't know.

Both sides can wax poetic about Wilson/Newton, Sherman/Norman, Wagner/Kuechly, etc., but giving up multiple picks for Percy while the Panthers get Star/Short/Klein in 2013, taking Richardson while the Panthers get Ealy in 2014, signing Williams while the Panthers get Tillman in 2015, etc. takes its toll over time.

Not saying it's not debatable or close-i.e. most would still say the Panthers WRs are the worst in football-and I know the Hawks OL has played better, but since centers and guards don't play fantasy football, it's difficult for people to realize how good Turner/Kalil/Norwell are in the middle now when healthy.

Even the gimp 2014 Panthers with Hollywood storylines were able to pave Stewart for over 5 yards a pop against the Hawks and Cards in January. IMO the interior OL gives the Panthers a trump card over both teams at this moment.

Carolina was picked by most to be 8-8/9-7 this year. It wasnt because the roster was considered to be the best in the NFC.

They have proven analysts and media wrong with Cam and others playing out of their mind.

Now at 14-0, you can't argue with results. But I still think Seattle and AZ have rosters that are better, for whatever (nothing really) that means in the end.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Polaris":10ea1qsl said:
Oh please. Now you're embarrassing yourself. I remember it was not too long ago that the Arizona fans here couldn't help but throw their NFL leading DVOA in our faces as to how good they were and how rotten we were (although Seattle was never bad in DVOA even at our worst). From then to now Seattle has improved by more than +20% in overall DVOA and that IS light-years.

You want to use the standard that favors you the most. I seem to recall that DVOA was Arizona's favorite measurement not two months ago. Hmmmmm.......

Great... so DVOA has Seattle "light-years" ahead of where they were at the beginning of the season. I said they were better... I don't need overanalyzed statistics to see that.

So all the Cards fans were here flashing their DVOA a while back eh? None of them were me though. Not sure why I should be embarrassed.

"You are what your record says you are" ~ Bill Parcells

I'm sure you feel differently and that's fine... that's why we have the playoffs... gotta love the finality of it. Win or GTFO.

Polaris

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1d8snbfg said:
Polaris":1d8snbfg said:

Great... so DVOA has Seattle "light-years" ahead of where they were at the beginning of the season. I said they were better... I don't need overanalyzed statistics to see that.

So all the Cards fans were here flashing their DVOA a while back eh? None of them were me though. Not sure why I should be embarrassed.

"You are what your record says you are" ~ Bill Parcells

I'm sure you feel differently and that's fine... that's why we have the playoffs... gotta love the finality of it. Win or GTFO.

No one is saying that the Cards didn't earn their record or their spot. No one is even saying that about Carolina (and honestly Carolina is more of a paper tiger than the Cards). That said, I am hearing far too much bravado from a fan of a team that hasn't won anything yet.

As you said, prove it in the playoffs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawks-cardinals-panthers

One of these teams is winning the Super Bowl is my estimation...

All the squabbles are just that until the games kick off

It's the strongest the NFC field has been in some time.

Polaris

Reaction score
Uncle Si":117hefqs said:

True, but let's also admit that the field has been one of the most wretched "at large" fields in recent memory as well (AFC South, NFC South (sans Carolina), and NFC East, I am talking to YOU!)

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Polaris":acqw6aci said:
No one is saying that the Cards didn't earn their record or their spot. No one is even saying that about Carolina (and honestly Carolina is more of a paper tiger than the Cards). That said, I am hearing far too much bravado from a fan of a team that hasn't won anything yet.

As you said, prove it in the playoffs.

Hope to do just that! Best of luck!

Uncle Si":acqw6aci said:

Totally agree...

That being said... history isn't on the side for either of us in one category... and that is every previous 14-0 team (3 of them) made the Super Bowl.

The '72 Dolphins won it all... and the '09 Colts and '07 Patriots lost.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1wdqo4nq said:

Seattle was 3-5 on the road that year, with no loss greater than 7 points. How is that awful with a rookie QB?

2013 - Seattle was 6-2 on the road
2014 - Seattle was 5-3 on the road
2015 - Seattle is 4-3 on the road with one game remaining.

That's 3 straight years of .500 or better play on the road.

Again.. keep living off the narratives from the Holmgren days when they were unbeatable at home and softer than Charmin on the road. :lol: