Is there any scenario?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Minny wont get done, imo, such a young team but they could.

You could have GB lose out, Seahawks win out with Minny winning the North. Packers come back beat Minny as the 6th seed and then the Panthers.

Seahawks beat Philly/Wash and the Cards.

But honestly I wouldnt mind Packers winning out with Cards moving to #3 seed with Seahawks winning out.

Vikes almost won or at least forced overtime @ the Cards... They could upset them with Joseph, Barr, and Smith healthier, with Bridgewater playing well as he has, and Mathieu being out for the Cards, who is arguably the best DB in the NFL this year.

Frankly, though any opponent has its advantage and disadvantages. I also like the NFC E, Arizona, Carolina string of games for the Seahawks... Less cold weather games and chance for injury.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2t2k7hu3 said:
Hasselbeck":2t2k7hu3 said:
More realistic way this happens is if GB stumbles (would take losing their last two) and loses the division to the Vikings, becomes the 6 seed and beats the Vikes and Panthers in their first two games.

I think the Vikings matchup pretty well with Arizona if they get that far. They outplayed AZ in week 14 and found a way to lose.

Green Bay is very random week to week, there have been a lot of weeks this year where I think Minnesota could have beaten them. Bridgewater has been heating up lately after getting punked against Seattle. I think for Minnesota a lot depends on when their injured defensive players get back.

I think Green Bay is the biggest paper tiger in the NFC. They are a 8-6 caliber team with a 10-4 record. I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay lost their last two games (which would be bad news for the Hawks).

I would actually love for GB to lose to AZ to force Seattle to treat Week 17 like a game of importance. I am kind of wanting this hot streak to keep going all the way to the Wild Card game.. the offense is just clicking so wonderfully right now, I almost feel like we're better off without the game where we sit starters after a quarter or two.

Polaris

Reaction score
kearly":4wubc5x7 said:
I think Green Bay is the biggest paper tiger in the NFC. They are a 8-6 caliber team with a 10-4 record. I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay lost their last two games (which would be bad news for the Hawks).

Actually it wouldn't. What Seattle needs to avoid is TYING with a wildcard Green Bay team. If Green Bay loses out, then Seattle is just fine as long as Seattle wins out. In that case the only thing that changes is who is the home team between Minny and Green Bay in the wildcard round.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AZ_fan":ori2u2cb said:
Uncle Si":ori2u2cb said:
Every Viking fan I know out here would prefer to play the Cardinals to every team in the playoffs not from the NFC East... There is a lot about that matchup they feel confident about.

And now their QB is playing well... hard to say they don't have a chance against anyone. I could see them winning out and taking the North.

Only thing they haven't done is beat a "good" team.

Honey Badger is out for the year... torn ACL but at least it's not a repeat of last year with Palmer.

A horrible blow for the D but we'll step up.

You know you cried and pooped a little when you saw Carson got hurt.

hawks85

Reaction score
Largent80":2h3rcsy1 said:
Seahawks have had the luxury of home field advantage the last 2 years. To me, I'm very happy we have to get in through the back door. we've played extremely well on the road for quite a while.
my point exactly. i think its destiny us being on the road the entire playoffs. would it be better with home field sure, but if we go back to the dance this year after being on the road for the entire playoffs the SB would be our home game. plus we will cement our legacy and shut the mouths of the media and haters. i am sick of hearing we need home field to advance etc...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawks85":xj97t4o3 said:
Largent80":xj97t4o3 said:
Seahawks have had the luxury of home field advantage the last 2 years. To me, I'm very happy we have to get in through the back door. we've played extremely well on the road for quite a while.
my point exactly. i think its destiny us being on the road the entire playoffs. would it be better with home field sure, but if we go back to the dance this year after being on the road for the entire playoffs the SB would be our home game. plus we will cement our legacy and shut the mouths of the media and haters. i am sick of hearing we need home field to advance etc...

AZFan seems to think we are doomed because of it, LOL. There are still some fans like him who think that Seattle wins because of our loud stadium and limps by on the road.

HFA is nice, don't get me wrong. But its hardly a saving grace. GB kicked our teeth in last year in the NFCCG....

Old thoughts are hard to break. Or maybe, its just wishful thinking from our rivals.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":13t5s6a0 said:
AZ_fan":13t5s6a0 said:
Honey Badger is out for the year... torn ACL but at least it's not a repeat of last year with Palmer.

A horrible blow for the D but we'll step up.

You know you cried and pooped a little when you saw Carson got hurt.

Who wouldn't?

Lose your QB in this league and you are done. Already been down that road last year...

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":10hp7jcs said:
AZFan seems to think we are doomed because of it, LOL. There are still some fans like him who think that Seattle wins because of our loud stadium and limps by on the road.

I never said Seattle was doomed... I'm a realist though and if my team was facing a 12-2 and 14-0 team on the road to get to the Super Bowl I probably wouldn't have the "it's gonna be a cakewalk" attitude that I've seen here... but I am on the .NET so I guess I should have expected it.

Sorry but after losing on the road to GB and Cincinnati I just don't see road wins over Minnesota and Baltimore being indicative that Seattle is now a road juggernaut that should be feared...

That would be like thinking Christine Michael is gonna carry your team to the promised land because of a decent game against the Browns.

I'll only use the word doomed if Lynch doesn't make it back... but of course you'll probably tell me Michael and Fred will get it done and you aren't worried.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2hvb6rto said:
Sorry but after losing on the road to GB and Cincinnati I just don't see road wins over Minnesota and Baltimore being indicative that Seattle is now a road juggernaut that should be feared....

No one ever said road juggernaut, but an experienced dangerous team that is very capable of running the table on the road in the playoffs? Sure.

There's no team that doesn't have weaknesses and/or injuries right now, in either conference.

The Hawks match up very well with both Arizona and Carolina, the only place that worries me is Green Bay. Hawks have always had a hard time winning there. But any of the other potential cities? I like our chances.

RiverDog

Reaction score
AZ_fan":31azmppg said:
Hawkpower":31azmppg said:

I never said Seattle was doomed... I'm a realist though and if my team was facing a 12-2 and 14-0 team on the road to get to the Super Bowl I probably wouldn't have the "it's gonna be a cakewalk" attitude that I've seen here... but I am on the .NET so I guess I should have expected it.

Sorry but after losing on the road to GB and Cincinnati I just don't see road wins over Minnesota and Baltimore being indicative that Seattle is now a road juggernaut that should be feared...

That would be like thinking Christine Michael is gonna carry your team to the promised land because of a decent game against the Browns.

I'll only use the word doomed if Lynch doesn't make it back... but of course you'll probably tell me Michael and Fred will get it done and you aren't worried.

The Green Bay and Cincy games were played 3-4 months ago. We're a different team now, as is everyone else in this league. Traveling to Carolina doesn't scare me. We've done very well there in years past.

And traveling to Glendale absolutely doesn't scare me one little bit. You guys have one of the most passive fan bases in the league and we'll scoop up about 20,000 or so of the tickets you couldn't give away and turn that place into a home game for the Hawks.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5177a0rs said:
AZ_fan":5177a0rs said:
Sorry but after losing on the road to GB and Cincinnati I just don't see road wins over Minnesota and Baltimore being indicative that Seattle is now a road juggernaut that should be feared....

No one ever said road juggernaut, but an experienced dangerous team that is very capable of running the table on the road in the playoffs? Sure.

There's no team that doesn't have weaknesses and/or injuries right now, in either conference.

The Hawks match up very well with both Arizona and Carolina, the only place that worries me is Green Bay. Hawks have always had a hard time winning there. But any of the other potential cities? I like our chances.

Sure they are capable... I just wouldn't put them as a favorite over Carolina or Arizona even if I wasn't a Cards fan... or even Green Bay for that matter... for reasons you already said.

RiverDog":5177a0rs said:
The Green Bay and Cincy games were played 3-4 months ago. We're a different team now, as is everyone else in this league. Traveling to Carolina doesn't scare me. We've done very well there in years past.

And traveling to Glendale absolutely doesn't scare me one little bit. You guys have one of the most passive fan bases in the league and we'll scoop up about 20,000 or so of the tickets you couldn't give away and turn that place into a home game for the Hawks.

That's what happens with snowbirds in town.

Anyway, the deck is stacked in our favor if the current playoff seeding pans out barring any first round upsets. We aren't standing in your way... but Carolina is. That's a matchup I'd love to see... not because I don't want to play Seattle but because nobody has given Carolina any respect all season and there would be no better first round playoff game than against the 2x NFC champs to silence the haters.

I don't think I've seen any Seattle fan show any kind of respect to Carolina on any forum... and to me that seems a bit arrogant considering they are 14-0. I see tons of references to "we beat them last year and the year before and should have beat them earlier this season so I'm not worried about them" but that's about it... As if they are the same team now as they were then.

On a side note, this postseason is looking eerily similar to 2012... Seattle makes a trip to Washington then goes to the #1 seed... back in 2012 Atlanta didn't get any respect either and they were 13-3. We all know what happened in that game... Atlanta dominated the 1st half with a 20-0 lead because apparently Seattle wasn't prepared for a 10am start... then in typical Atlanta fashion they blow the lead only to see Seattle blow a lead with 30 seconds to go. The game shouldn't have been that close but at least Seattle found a way to lose a game they should have lost anyway.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2ponu6kf said:
Sgt. Largent":2ponu6kf said:
AZ_fan":2ponu6kf said:

Sure they are capable... I just wouldn't put them as a favorite over Carolina or Arizona even if I wasn't a Cards fan... or even Green Bay for that matter... for reasons you already said.

RiverDog":2ponu6kf said:

Anyway, the deck is stacked in our favor if the current playoff seeding pans out barring any first round upsets. We aren't standing in your way... but Carolina is. That's a matchup I'd love to see... not because I don't want to play Seattle but because nobody has given Carolina any respect all season and there would be no better first round playoff game than against the 2x NFC champs to silence the haters.

I don't think I've seen any Seattle fan show any kind of respect to Carolina on any forum... and to me that seems a bit arrogant considering they are 14-0. I see tons of references to "we beat them last year and the year before and should have beat them earlier this season so I'm not worried about them" but that's about it... As if they are the same team now as they were then.

On a side note, this postseason is looking eerily similar to 2012... Seattle makes a trip to Washington then goes to the #1 seed... back in 2012 Atlanta didn't get any respect either and they were 13-3. We all know what happened in that game... Atlanta dominated the 1st half with a 20-0 lead because apparently Seattle wasn't prepared for a 10am start... then in typical Atlanta fashion they blow the lead only to see Seattle blow a lead with 30 seconds to go. The game shouldn't have been that close but at least Seattle found a way to lose a game they should have lost anyway.

You still don't (and won't ) acknowledge that those losses early in the year (that all easily could have been wins) came at a time where Seattle was not playing nearly as well as they are now. Minnesota on the road likely would have been a loss, or at the very least a close game in September. Instead we blew their doors off. Cleveland at home? We barely beat Detroit early in the year. This is not the same team, but go ahead and keep closing your eyes and wishing that our record right now means anything.

As for respect to Carolina, your own "Burns and Gambo" have said repeatedly that they would rather play Carolina on the road than face Seattle at home. Seems like maybe you need to lecture your own about "respect"

Or maybe, they just know what you refuse to admit :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AZ_fan":11jnz7hw said:
Sgt. Largent":11jnz7hw said:
AZ_fan":11jnz7hw said:

Sure they are capable... I just wouldn't put them as a favorite over Carolina or Arizona even if I wasn't a Cards fan... or even Green Bay for that matter... for reasons you already said..

Favorites no, but if health remains equal with all teams involved I'd say both the Panthers and Cards would only be a 3 pt favorite because it's a home game over the Hawks right now.

Listen, I like the Cards........they're playing fast and confident. But the Hawks would be a VERY dangerous opponent in the playoffs. Division playoff opponents are the last team you want to see, just too much familiarity and schemes in place to not have a very close game.

Same with the Panthers, if not for the Hawks losing their minds on defense in the 4th quarter this year, the Panthers would be 13-1 right now with four straight losses to the Hawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
AZ_fan":25gxjgnb said:
Sgt. Largent":25gxjgnb said:
AZ_fan":25gxjgnb said:

RiverDog":25gxjgnb said:

It's more than just snowbirds. The Cards just don't have as dedicated fan base as some of the other cities around the country. In your only SB run, they struggled to sell home playoff tickets. They sell playoff tickets in Seattle and there's people camping out overnight to hold their place in line. I've been to several games at the Toaster, and it's an entirely different atmosphere. There isn't a true home field advantage, at least when we've played there.

No disrespect to the Panthers or the Cards, but it's extremely tough to beat the same team twice in a season. We throttled the Packers in the opener last year then had to rely on a near miracle to beat them in the playoffs. You learn more about your team when you lose as your weaknesses are exposed and losing keeps your team from becoming over confident. IMO it will be a different story the second time around.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AZ_fan":110xtrnx said:
Sgt. Largent":110xtrnx said:
AZ_fan":110xtrnx said:

RiverDog":110xtrnx said:

It's fun that you keep using narratives from 2003 to describe the Seahawks.

Good luck with that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26zm4jh7 said:
Uncle Si":26zm4jh7 said:
Only thing they haven't done is beat a "good" team.

This is my problem with the Vikings. Every year there's an overrated team or two with a great record in the playoffs because of their schedule, not who they beat. Usually it's the Colts cause they play in a dumpster fire of a division.

This year it's the Vikings. Solid D (when healthy), but very pedestrian offense led by a very young inexperienced QB who in the playoffs is going up against veteran playoff coaches and experienced teams. A VERY bad combo.

The best rule of thumb as a bettor is to bet against a QB with 3 years experience or less, going into the playoffs for the first time. Almost every QB in that scenario has lost their first game, including Eli Manning.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RiverDog":1nb4eqyo said:
AZ_fan":1nb4eqyo said:
Sgt. Largent":1nb4eqyo said:
AZ_fan":1nb4eqyo said:

RiverDog":1nb4eqyo said:

It's more than just snowbirds. The Cards just don't have as dedicated fan base as some of the other cities around the country. In your only SB run, they struggled to sell home playoff tickets. They sell playoff tickets in Seattle and there's people camping out overnight to hold their place in line. I've been to several games at the Toaster, and it's an entirely different atmosphere. There isn't a true home field advantage, at least when we've played there.

No disrespect to the Panthers or the Cards, but it's extremely tough to beat the same team twice in a season. We throttled the Packers in the opener last year then had to rely on a near miracle to beat them in the playoffs. You learn more about your team when you lose as your weaknesses are exposed and losing keeps your team from becoming over confident. IMO it will be a different story the second time around.

It is a lot of factors.

A good percentage of our population (even the young people) down here have moved from elsewhere.....usually cold midwestern cities and even the northwest.

When I go out Sunday mornings here in Chandler, its a cornucopia of jerseys from all over.

When I visit Seattle on a Sunday, its a sea of blue everywhere.

Its just not the same atmosphere at all.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":12zztcod said:
You still don't (and won't ) acknowledge that those losses early in the year (that all easily could have been wins) came at a time where Seattle was not playing nearly as well as they are now. Minnesota on the road likely would have been a loss, or at the very least a close game in September. Instead we blew their doors off. Cleveland at home? We barely beat Detroit early in the year. This is not the same team, but go ahead and keep closing your eyes and wishing that our record right now means anything.

As for respect to Carolina, your own "Burns and Gambo" have said repeatedly that they would rather play Carolina on the road than face Seattle at home. Seems like maybe you need to lecture your own about "respect"

Sure they could have been wins... but they weren't.

I fully acknowledge that Seattle is playing better football now than they were 3-4 months ago. But so is Carolina. So is Arizona. So are a lot of teams.

9-5 saying you should be 12-2 is like us saying we are 12-2 and should be 14-0. We should be... both games we lost we beat ourselves. But guess what? We still lost.

Regarding respect... I respect any and all playoff teams. One thing I don't do is fly off at the mouth about how if my team continues to play like they have that others teams have no chance... which I've seen quite a bit from the Seattle faithful.

Confidence is great... arrogance is only asking for a big bowl of crow.to feast on.

Hell yes I am confident that we can win it all... but I am not going to make any bold predictions about how other teams have no chance against us. Sorry I'm a realist and the finality of the playoffs can be brutal...

... imagine for a moment if Seattle were to go into Washington and lose. Crazy right? Might not be. Washington has looked good lately (like Seattle) and is 6-2 at home.

I spell that game T R A P.

(... and yeah, I'm aware that Green Bay could come into Arizona and beat us.. like I said I'm a realist)

Good luck.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AZ_fan":13g0zvbz said:
Hawkpower":13g0zvbz said:

Sure they could have been wins... but they weren't.

I fully acknowledge that Seattle is playing better football now than they were 3-4 months ago. But so is Carolina. So is Arizona. So are a lot of teams.

9-5 saying you should be 12-2 is like us saying we are 12-2 and should be 14-0. We should be... both games we lost we beat ourselves. But guess what? We still lost.

Regarding respect... I respect any and all playoff teams. One thing I don't do is fly off at the mouth about how if my team continues to play like they have that others teams have no chance... which I've seen quite a bit from the Seattle faithful.

Confidence is great... arrogance is only asking for a big bowl of crow.to feast on.

Hell yes I am confident that we can win it all... but I am not going to make any bold predictions about how other teams have no chance against us. Sorry I'm a realist and the finality of the playoffs can be brutal...

... imagine for a moment if Seattle were to go into Washington and lose. Crazy right? Might not be. Washington has looked good lately (like Seattle) and is 6-2 at home.

I spell that game T R A P.

(... and yeah, I'm aware that Green Bay could come into Arizona and beat us.. like I said I'm a realist)

Good luck.

:lol: at calling a playoff game a trap game.

Stop.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":s06bxle6 said:
It's fun that you keep using narratives from 2003 to describe the Seahawks.

Good luck with that.

You mean 2012... which is about as relevant as the 14-0 Panthers having no chance against the Seahawks because they lost to them last year and the year before right?

Sgt. Largent":s06bxle6 said:
Favorites no, but if health remains equal with all teams involved I'd say both the Panthers and Cards would only be a 3 pt favorite because it's a home game over the Hawks right now.

Listen, I like the Cards........they're playing fast and confident. But the Hawks would be a VERY dangerous opponent in the playoffs. Division playoff opponents are the last team you want to see, just too much familiarity and schemes in place to not have a very close game.

Same with the Panthers, if not for the Hawks losing their minds on defense in the 4th quarter this year, the Panthers would be 13-1 right now with four straight losses to the Hawks.

You're right. Seattle would no doubt be a VERY dangerous opponent. I don't deny that.

I do laugh at the comments though that say that other teams have no chance just because the Seahawks are on a roll right now.

RiverDog":s06bxle6 said:

Would be a good game no doubt... and I'll agree about the fans. It is what it is.

Hasselbeck":s06bxle6 said:
[
:lol: at calling a playoff game a trap game.

Stop.

You get the point I was trying to make. Don't sleep on the Redskins.