Is this the game Wilson proves he is an elite QB?

irocdave

Reaction score
Kam may be injured, Sherm and Thomas are not 100%. Lynch will be Lynch, but I have a feeling that Wilson will need to be more than what he has shown to date to win this game. This could be the difference between 17 million a year and 25 a year. If the D gives up points and Wilson gets in to a scoring battle ( say 380+yards and 3 TD's) with Brady and the Hawks win will Wilson be elevated to NFL QB elite status?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I think about Wilson in this game...

Attachments

• yeea.jpg
    yeea.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,106

LTH

Reaction score
mikeak":lp1ar5ov said:
No he did that in the last super bowl.

Yes he did...he did it vs Greenbay as well...Wilson is an elite QB and anyone who says he isnt is in denial or just doesnt know anything about the game...

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
At this stage, anyone who thinks Wilson isn't Elite is just kidding only themselves. At this point, it's just comical to watch the doubters.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
For much of the public, that still does not view him as an elite QB, I think this will be the breakout game for Wilson. Just like this will be a breakout game for Carroll for the many people who still do not see him as the best coach in the game. That will all change after Sunday.

MrCarey

Reaction score
I feel like he has already done that for Seahawks fans. And that is all that matters.

Meeker

Reaction score
One factor of being elite is consistency...so no.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The thing about the Seahawks, is that they could win 55-0,and Russ might still end up with a statline like 19/26, 183 yards, 0 td, 0 int.

People that haven't watched him play very much might never get it. What's crazy is that people who are paid to pay attention and write about football often don't seem that familiar with him.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Wilson will have a fairly quiet statline in this game. Maybe 25 attempts for 200. I think Seattle is going to run it almost as much as the Patriots are going to pass it. I expect Seattle to run it at least 60% this game.

That is unless for some reason the Pats are completely unable to stop Seattle's wheel routes to RBs and seam throws to Willson. You would think that Belichick would be planning to limit the damage on those plays since it is the biggest mismatch in the game, but who knows? Maybe he just doesn't have the horses to defend it.

randomation

Reaction score
I agree with that statline but I think he will also run for 50+ yards and be instrumental in opening up holes in the D via his running. Something that I think a lot of people will ignore but I doubt he will care if he ends up with another ring at the end of the day as a result.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks win, I think Wilson will be the driving factor and the game MVP. If they win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We don't need him trying to prove anything anyway. One of the qualities that makes him a great QB is his patience in letting the game unfold.

mikeak

Reaction score
People thought RW wouldn't have a huge Impact last Super Bowl and he was clutch

I say 300total yards at a minimum and 3tds

BlueBlood

Reaction score
irocdave":3cuflm1m said:
Kam may be injured, Sherm and Thomas are not 100%.

I guarantee they are 100% Thomas may have a shoulder issue but its been two weeks and really where does he really make his mark? In the deep field not allowing offenses to take the top off the defense and he does that with his brain and his legs. Sherman also, legs and brain are fine. Kam isnt limping and will be ready to destroy. Im sure there are some bumps and bruises on the Patriots as well. At this point in the season its to be absolutely expected.

Mick063

Reaction score
I like a comment I saw by an NFL defender on NFL network.

Wilson may not be an elite quarterback, but he is an elite football player.

He compares nicely with Brady's early years. Wilson has not hit his ceiling yet. Unlike many modern young quarterbacks with long term developmental potential, he isn't going to get run out of town anytime soon due to short term expectations, so he will get the opportunity to refine his skills for a long, long time. We don't know how good of a quarterback he can become, but we already know a couple of things. He is at a minimum, an elite football player right now. He is one of the coolest, calmest, most confident players under situational pressure I have ever seen.

I would not be shocked if he is on the winning end of every Super Bowl he plays in.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Elite ...bah. Tired of that term. Don't really begin considering a player that until they show it for 5-10 years. Excellence over time is what does it.

Wilson is a winner who's in the process of gaining the only thing he's missing......experience. A weapon who will reach his peak in the next 5 years. With his work ethic, smarts, and athleticism, he has a chance to take his game to another level.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3t1blfl9 said:
If the Seahawks win, I think Wilson will be the driving factor and the game MVP. If they win.

"if" ? if? are you going all wobbly on us?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Meeker":19doctfm said:

so tell me one "elite QB" that always had a good game? A Rod is the best in the game so they say.. he has NEVER had a stat line close to good against Seattle.... EVER.... never passed for over 220 yrds.... 4 picks last 3 games and a qb rating in the 80's.... RW is Elite.... end of story.

dukestar

Reaction score
Meeker":2cyexyrg said:
So essentially you are saying RW is not consistent. That my friend is a major fail. RW is one of the most consistent QBs in the league. He consisyently wins, consistently has the team in a position to win, consistently protects the ball and consistently says the same canned responses in interviews. Please elaborate on what he is not consistent with?