It hurts

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The gut punch reality check this week is:

1. I'm rooting for Cam Newton :pukeface: and hoping he'll perform under pressure
2. I'm hoping Bevell can dial up a solid performance and get through this weekend.

Well... here's hoping. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Instead rooting for Cam can we root for the panther D to dominate, Cam go 0-20 and have Mcaffery and Stewart go off instead?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
You know it's been a horrible season when you're rooting for Cam.

Ugh.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
been saying that all week, that guy is so NON clutch, I would be quite surprised if the Panthers win.
Hope to be very wrong.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Just think about this though.
If we make the playoffs we will probably play them. You can save your hate for then!

mrt144

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1z1uuolz said:
You could say Cam is our guardian angel.
Camnewtonhalloween

I know at least one panthers fan that has that going to their inbox if they win.

original poster

Reaction score
He does seem pretty universally hated.

How do Panthers fans typically view him?

JGreen79

Reaction score
iigakusei":1qlsyzvx said:
Just think about this though.
If we make the playoffs we will probably play them. You can save your hate for then!

The only scenario where they can be the 3 seed is if Minnesota wins and LA and NO loses. They lose the tie breaker in a three way tie and against LA, but beat Minnesota head to head.

I would be ecstatic if we played them as a 4 or 5 seed though.

ctrcat

Reaction score
original poster":2km2b80e said:
He does seem pretty universally hated.

How do Panthers fans typically view him?

He is loved in Carolina more than he’s hated elsewhere. The 2010 Panthers were BAD, and Andrew Luck ran from the chance. Cam embraced it, won ROY, an MVP, the conference, has the chance to win the division 4 of 5 years, re-signed for at or below market value without headache or holdout, has stayed out of trouble, is great with the kids/community, etc. He then throws laser beams to guys named Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin; runs over, around, and through people, puts his body on the line, etc.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Cam, but it’s whatever cheering for him Sunday. Go Cam and Go Panthers!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2ox7gxu3 said:
He is loved in Carolina more than he’s hated elsewhere. The 2010 Panthers were BAD, and Andrew Luck ran from the chance. Cam embraced it, won ROY, an MVP, the conference, has the chance to win the division 4 of 5 years, re-signed for at or below market value without headache or holdout, has stayed out of trouble, is great with the kids/community, etc. He then throws laser beams to guys named Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin; runs over, around, and through people, puts his body on the line, etc.

He also walks on water, and put in a good word with God on RW's behalf. :roll: Plus, when the Superbowl is on the line, he's not afraid to put his body on the line to recover a fumbled snap. Oh, wait... :mrgreen:

GeekHawk

Reaction score

hawknation2017

Reaction score
GeekHawk":khciozly said:
hawknation2017":khciozly said:
The Panthers have forced 10 turnovers in the last three weeks, all wins. Carolina has won seven of their last eight games.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/27/1 ... cam-newton

So, they're setting themselves up for The Great Disappointment when they have the misfortune of getting us into the playoffs, then meeting us there... :mrgreen:

Nah, I don't see the Saints losing. Which means we would have to play the Saints at the Superdome if Carolina wins and the Rams (probably resting starters) lose.

But I'll take it. :2thumbs:

Latest posts