Status
Not open for further replies.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":cfeox567 said:
oldhawkfan":cfeox567 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":cfeox567 said:
ZagHawk,

I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

I hope it gets better for us!

Cheers!

when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.
What?!?! How many losses in the Pete Carroll era have been non competetive? What was the NFL record streak of not losing a game by double digits?

Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game
If I remember that game correctly, at RB the Seahawks were down to Travis Homer, the recently signed Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin. The running game was an absolute non factor no matter how much they might have tried. Injuries just plain depleted them of any real competetivness.
I game can be out of reach and non competitive by the body language you see on the field.

Last week was a prime example how out of the game Seattle really was.

They were disinterested, and check out mentally.

That playoff game against the Packers did not show a sense of urgency and nothing was being done to adjust defensively to stop Davantae Adams from shredding Seattle. They didn’t roll any help to Trey Flowers side and Adams was just doing anything he wanted too.

That’s all game planning and adjustments that needed to be made during the game and is also another example of Carroll being unable to make any in game adjustments and changes.

Why a majority of people here aren’t sick of it, I don’t know.

Seattle did lose all their running backs and that happens but at least make some defensive changes.

What excuse do they have to not do that?

But, hey, at least Seattle went to playoffs, right! And that’s enough all the time now! (Sarcasm)

Feel free to disagree.

I’m pretty much over the division within this board and the failure to see that Carroll’s system is flawed and he cannot advance deeper in playoffs anymore.

There are a number of games that looking back at the score seem more competitive than they are but in reality the Hawks were getting their butts handed to them down by like 2.5-3 scores and then RW makes 2 TDs in the final 5 minutes still relying on a miracle on-side kick and TD to win and then we look back and say oh...see how close that game was. The flipped script also can occur when the Hawks due take a big lead and let the opponent score in garbage time to make the game seem closer than it was (Eagles). But given what I wrote earlier, that definitely was one thing I did not like when the Hawks stat used to be like the Hawks have not lost a game by more than one score in X games full well not recognizing how many of those games were kind of blow outs except for some scores in garbage time.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ZagHawk":365zinbe said:
TheLegendOfBoom":365zinbe said:
oldhawkfan":365zinbe said:
TheLegendOfBoom":365zinbe said:
ZagHawk,

I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

I hope it gets better for us!

Cheers!

when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.
What?!?! How many losses in the Pete Carroll era have been non competetive? What was the NFL record streak of not losing a game by double digits?

Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game
If I remember that game correctly, at RB the Seahawks were down to Travis Homer, the recently signed Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin. The running game was an absolute non factor no matter how much they might have tried. Injuries just plain depleted them of any real competetivness.
I game can be out of reach and non competitive by the body language you see on the field.

Last week was a prime example how out of the game Seattle really was.

They were disinterested, and check out mentally.

That playoff game against the Packers did not show a sense of urgency and nothing was being done to adjust defensively to stop Davantae Adams from shredding Seattle. They didn’t roll any help to Trey Flowers side and Adams was just doing anything he wanted too.

That’s all game planning and adjustments that needed to be made during the game and is also another example of Carroll being unable to make any in game adjustments and changes.

Why a majority of people here aren’t sick of it, I don’t know.

Seattle did lose all their running backs and that happens but at least make some defensive changes.

What excuse do they have to not do that?

But, hey, at least Seattle went to playoffs, right! And that’s enough all the time now! (Sarcasm)

Feel free to disagree.

I’m pretty much over the division within this board and the failure to see that Carroll’s system is flawed and he cannot advance deeper in playoffs anymore.

There are a number of games that looking back at the score seem more competitive than they are but in reality the Hawks were getting their butts handed to them down by like 2.5-3 scores and then RW makes 2 TDs in the final 5 minutes still relying on a miracle on-side kick and TD to win and then we look back and say oh...see how close that game was. The flipped script also can occur when the Hawks due take a big lead and let the opponent score in garbage time to make the game seem closer than it was (Eagles). But given what I wrote earlier, that definitely was one thing I did not like when the Hawks stat used to be like the Hawks have not lost a game by more than one score in X games full well not recognizing how many of those games were kind of blow outs except for some scores in garbage time.

Exactly! Fully agreed!

If it isn’t these garbage time scores, the story is completely different. They aren’t one score games. Seattle gets their rear ends handed to them for a majority of the game, until the opposing coach knows it’s over and does not want to risk injury to their players so they let off the gas with 3 mins or so left in the game.

This happens all the time with Seattle.

The game isn’t close as people think it is. The final box score is nothing compared to the final recap.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":v1pql1mx said:
Welshers":v1pql1mx said:
Who would you rather have?
Ah, yes, this same old tired argument, automatically the rebuttal anyone has when Pete is questioned. You may be fine just barely backing into the playoffs year, after year, but I'm not. It is abundantly clear that Pete Carroll is incapable of ever taking us to the big game, ever again. Just look at the Packers without Mike McCarthy, a coach that had a good track record in Green Bay -- think they regret that decision?

Sometimes it is just time to move on. You think Carroll is going to take us any farther? What about Carroll has shown you that he can get us back? If it the defense that has declined each and every year since 2015? Is it the below .500 win rate in the playoffs since 2015? Currently we're a team that lives and dies on the arm of our QB, and we're tied to a coach that has consistently got in the way of our QB's development, and progress. Pete Carroll isn't getting younger either, at 69 he is the oldest coach in the NFL. Next season he is going to be two years away from being the oldest coach to ever coach a game. You don't think with that we're going to get some form of cognitive decline? We're already seeing some baffling in game decision making, and some odd game plans.

You should change your name to "Hyperbole Dr".

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pete is sunsetting. It's not even up for debate. We should thank him for his time and what he's done, pay out his newly extended contract, and find a replacement this off-season.

NJlargent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nkyl30c said:
Pete is sunsetting. It's not even up for debate. We should thank him for his time and what he's done, pay out his newly extended contract, and find a replacement this off-season.

Agreed and they need to do it soon for locker room chemistry.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This thread sure aged well. I'm curious if anyone has changed their tune?

xray

Reaction score
NJlargent":6c9d1y0i said:
RolandDeschain":6c9d1y0i said:

Agreed and they need to do it soon for locker room chemistry.
Highly unlikely that Carroll will fire himself . Ownership won't either .

Fade

Reaction score
We're boned. Jodi with an I has a crush on Carroll. He can turn the Seahawks into the Lions and she still wouldn't fire him.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
We're boned. Jodi with an I has a crush on Carroll. He can turn the Seahawks into the Lions and she still wouldn't fire him.
Can you make an offer to Jodi and buy the Hawks? Then you'll be able to fire Pete!

Status
Not open for further replies.