It just doesn't feel the same this year

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Of course it feels different, but I'm still stoked for the season. Even if it ends up being shortened or postponed. I'm not in the camp that no season will happen. Just an opinion, they're playing, just not w/fans.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I will take the distraction if I can get it.

Won't lie in that part of me is waiting for 'the other shoe to drop'. It is hard to get excited or emotionally vested when you expect that any day the news might be the season getting shut down.

There are a lot of jobs that depend on sport seasons existing though. For that reason alone I would pull for it.

And each year passes we get one less year of Carroll. We won't be as good without him so we need to hope we don't lose this year.

Cautiously optimistic, if not hopeful. Not shocked to see that many power conferences in CFB are mulling a shutdown. But there is still good reason to expect we might get a football season - though likely without packed stadiums.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, now we are hearing a lot of talk that College Football will not be happening this year. Most or all conferences.
Also, hearing from Clayton that there are discussions about having NFL games on Saturday's to make up for some of the lost $ not having fans in the stands etc. Thoughts? I'd love to see NFL on Sat and Sun.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":daqrwzi1 said:
I will take the distraction if I can get it.

Won't lie in that part of me is waiting for 'the other shoe to drop'. It is hard to get excited or emotionally vested when you expect that any day the news might be the season getting shut down.

There are a lot of jobs that depend on sport seasons existing though. For that reason alone I would pull for it.

And each year passes we get one less year of Carroll. We won't be as good without him so we need to hope we don't lose this year.

Cautiously optimistic, if not hopeful. Not shocked to see that many power conferences in CFB are mulling a shutdown. But there is still good reason to expect we might get a football season - though likely without packed stadiums.

MLB is still playing, and they've done just about as terrible a job as any sports league can do with the pandemic.

So it'd REALLY have to get bad for the NFL to not play through just about anything so the owners and players get their 5 billion of TV revenue to share.

CFB is not a good comparison. College football has no unifying governing body with one voice and one clear chain of command. It's just a bunch of conferences with their own tv deals, their own rules and their own chain of command.

cosmo40

Reaction score
Like some have posted already, feeling the same or not I prey the season happens. don't get me wrong, i am stoked every year in august ramping up to season, but this year i feel even more. Maybe its because of the most recent move, in trading of Jamal Adams then saturday dunbar off exempt list. I really feel this could be a special season for the seahawks. if this season does go on, (i have faith it will).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
"It just doesn't feel the same this year"

It isn't the same, and likely will be a very unusual season, no preseason, no minicamps, a different type draft, an oddball training camp, changed roster rules, and a prospect of season with no fans in the stadiums if they play a whole season.

It simply is what it Is. Change will be slow coming in a few parts of the country with high infection rates.

Relax and enjoy what the team serves up. Things will be different.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1a24p0tb said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1a24p0tb said:
With all the crap that’s happening in the world right now, some NFL football no matter how it may look may be what we all need.

I’ll take some football right now any way I can get it.

People are down right now and football for 3 hours is a good pick me up.

I’ll take it.

I love football.
This is exactly how I see it too.
Even a bad love is better than no $ex at all :lol:
Truth!

Maulbert

Reaction score
warden":3bxulkzp said:
24th year of being a season ticket holder. With this Covid thing, I just don’t want to be in any large gathering period
Probably stay home this season

If the season goes forward, I guarantee you don't have an option. There won't be any attendance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Right there with you Warden. This is year 28 for me, and I'm ready to watch 2020 at home. And I'll enjoy every minute of it, however it looks. The thought of being in a big crowd right now doesn't interest us at all. We chose "wait and see" but there won't be any games w/the fans imo. So, paid up for 2021 and our plan is to take that $ we would have spent and go hit another road game, make a vacation out of it. Positive out of a negative.