It's Happened - Wilson Traded

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Fant and Harris are starters on most teams. Lock is a good coach away from a poor man’s Josh Allen IMO. I know Bronco fans were 50/50 on Lock but I see a lot of upside. Having Watson would be great but if Willis is there in the early stages of round 2 I say we pounce and build. Remember the defense we had when Wilson was drafted kind of reminds me what this team could easily build with the added draft capital and subsequent cap windfall. It only took 2 years to win a super bowl. Let’s run it back that way.

LTH

Reaction score
I think the Hawks should take a look at Kaepernick... it would be an in expensive possible fix to the QB problem..

LTH

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TDLockett12/status/1503089381300527105[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":1wozm64s said:
jammerhawk":1wozm64s said:
Rob Statton of Seahwksdraftblog.com has summarized some sensible thoughts on the Wilson trade.

In the end some will heartily agree and others will vehemently disagree.

A link to this article which is worth reading can be found below:.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-russel ... ng-i-think

Lately Statton has been very critical of the team, yet this article is quite measured. Frankly I agree.

I love Rob. He covered this situation all the way through, told the truth, while the Seattle media continued to flounder and flop around over the last 2 years.

But they need a new regime or the same problems will continue. I was cool with Wilson getting traded, under the condition that a regime change had to be part of the deal.

The current regime that traded for Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams, spent poorly in Free Agency, and drafted poorly for this long, isn't the answer to Seattle's problems.

No real owner would allow the crap above to go down for this long and have them still keep their jobs. Yet, here we are. A mess. McVay already owns Pete's ass, and Shanny's about to join him.

Fade you're so salty it's embrassing.

I actaully agree with most of what you have said but to say no real owner would allow those things to go on is silly. Seattle has won under Pete and as long as your a winner the leash is long.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2xfi2tk0 said:
I was always 100% on the play-calling and o-line until things started going off the rails in the 2nd half of 2022. I started noticing holding the ball, and not taking underneath stuff when it was there etc. Remember that play in LA where Russ had all kinds of room to run and inexplicably threw into coverage across his body and got picked? That stunned me. I could not recall seeing him make a mental mistake like that.

Definitely lots of blame on managements side that caused this but I don't see Russ as blameless. I find the stories that the Hawks had interest in guys like Mahomes and Allen in their draft year fascinating. As a fan even entertaining the idea of looking at a QB would have been ridiculous. What was going on even then for that to even be a consideration?
I truly believe Russ was being non-compliant, and refused to go with a lot of Schottenheimers' schemes, and I believe that's why they canned him & hired Waldren.
First Bevell then Schotts, and finally Waldren...Russ was set in his ways, and he wasn't going to meld with whoever Pete brought in, because I believe Pete had stipulated to all of those OC's that he wanted a Run Game schemed into the mix.
I think Wilson felt that Pete over-valued the Running game, (I do not)
Sand Lot Football is fun to watch when all's clicking, and the Defenses are stymied, but when they bring in elite defenders that are Coached up well, you become one dimensional...Pete KNEW that without an accompanying ground game, Wilson wasn't going to be able to hold up for a full hour of physical abuse, ESPECIALLY playing against guys like Aaron Donald.
This whole Wilson trade to the Donko's should never have turned into the p*ss*ng match that it did.
Hopefully this turns out to be a Win - Win for everyone involved.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1hfdnx9i said:
Cyrus12":1hfdnx9i said:
John63":1hfdnx9i said:
Cyrus12":1hfdnx9i said:
The forums I checked it was 60 40 positive. On fb groups 70 30 negative. Many have already purchased the perfume as well.

Okay, not what I am seeing but whatever makes you feel better.
I think you are the one in need of a care bear countdown...now that your hero did everything you said he wouldn't.. cheer up!
[youtube]2lpeFfAA2LQ[/youtube]

I'm fine with it. I get to cheer on my Seahawks and also follow Wilson. As to everything he said he would not do, Last I checked the Hawks did the trade all Wilson did was say he would wave is no trade. IF your team came to you and said they wanted to trade you why would you stay? You would not. If I were you I would worry about the fact the PC has lied to everyone. He lied when he said they are not looking to trade Wilson. They lied when they said they are running it back. But spin it whatever way makes you feel good. To me, it does not matter anymore. He is gone and it stime to rebuild.
Haysuse Christ John, what the hell did you expect Pete to say when asked by the media if he was entertaining the idea of trading away his Franchise Quarterback??????
Do you HONESTLY believe that Pete & Russ hadn't already talked this whole thing out, and agreed to this deal way ahead of time????
You'd also have to be pretty naïve to believe that BOTH of them aren't feeling a little down about this whole gig...This was an epic happening.

Donn2390

Reaction score
LTH":3in85on6 said:
I think the Hawks should take a look at Kaepernick... it would be an in expensive possible fix to the QB problem..
Pleas don't ever post when you have been drinking to the excess, even that isn't a good enough excuse for wishing for the loser of the century (Football wise)..!!

LTH

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
A lot of friends / work colleagues who are NFL fans gave me space for a couple of days before bringing up the trade with me. To be honest almost all of them thought Seattle did well with what was received in return. But I think unlike all of us here, they weren't as in tune with the spotty drafting the last few years so they aren't as uncertain about making those picks count as we are.

cwoods97453

Reaction score
I swear if Wilson gets replaced by Collin Kaepernick I will burn every piece of my Seahawk collection. Then become a Cleveland browns fan. This was the dumbest thing they have done since Jim Mora or Brian Bozworth.

notyou

Reaction score
I highly doubt colon crapsondick will be a Seahawk. He's just not good.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Own The West":3u05kvsc said:
Interesting perspective.

[youtube]C2YRDY3x5C8[/youtube]
I liked it..The guy summed it up pretty well.

TAB420

Reaction score
cwoods97453":l428wfsp said:
I swear if Wilson gets replaced by Collin Kaepernick I will burn every piece of my Seahawk collection. Then become a Cleveland browns fan. This was the dumbest thing they have done since Jim Mora or Brian Bozworth.
Welcome to the board, Bronco fan.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
LTH":xe7e5hqr said:

LTH

I could be remembering wrong, but last time we had him in for a workout, the FO didn't offer him the QB1 money he wanted and the very next day he deposed JS and PC to his collusion lawsuit against the NFL...

"Just bring him in for a workout, worst that could happen is the inevitable tank that we're gonna see anyways"

Yeah, no thanks. In my own opinion it felt like he gave JS and PC the Earl Thomas middle finger after they didn't offer him the $$$ he wanted to be a backup. And after the RW and Bwagz drama that just happened, the Seahawks don't need anymore headaches than they already have, self-inflicted or not.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle
John Schneider said "we were under the impression" Russell Wilson wasn't going to re-sign a third extension with the Seahawks after his current deal ends with 2023 season.

That is the crux of the Seahawks' thinking of pursuing the trade to Denver.

Fade

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1lx8qq9q said:
HawkRiderFan":1lx8qq9q said:
I was always 100% on the play-calling and o-line until things started going off the rails in the 2nd half of 2022. I started noticing holding the ball, and not taking underneath stuff when it was there etc. Remember that play in LA where Russ had all kinds of room to run and inexplicably threw into coverage across his body and got picked? That stunned me. I could not recall seeing him make a mental mistake like that.

Definitely lots of blame on managements side that caused this but I don't see Russ as blameless. I find the stories that the Hawks had interest in guys like Mahomes and Allen in their draft year fascinating. As a fan even entertaining the idea of looking at a QB would have been ridiculous. What was going on even then for that to even be a consideration?
I truly believe Russ was being non-compliant, and refused to go with a lot of Schottenheimers' schemes, and I believe that's why they canned him & hired Waldren.
First Bevell then Schotts, and finally Waldren...Russ was set in his ways, and he wasn't going to meld with whoever Pete brought in, because I believe Pete had stipulated to all of those OC's that he wanted a Run Game schemed into the mix.
I think Wilson felt that Pete over-valued the Running game, (I do not)
Sand Lot Football is fun to watch when all's clicking, and the Defenses are stymied, but when they bring in elite defenders that are Coached up well, you become one dimensional...Pete KNEW that without an accompanying ground game, Wilson wasn't going to be able to hold up for a full hour of physical abuse, ESPECIALLY playing against guys like Aaron Donald.
This whole Wilson trade to the Donko's should never have turned into the p*ss*ng match that it did.
Hopefully this turns out to be a Win - Win for everyone involved.

You can create whatever imaginary narratives you want. But only an asleep at the wheel ownership operates like this.

L- for the Seahawks, W- for the Donkeys.

Jody Allen sucks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me it's way early to say who won or lost here and the draft this year and next year needs to happen to determine who is most likely the winner.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Can Denver scheme around Mr. Limited's limitations? Will be fun to watch.

Does Shane Waldron have the key to unLock a little QB greatness? Or even above-averageness? I'd settle for that. Or will he have Pete trade for a gardener and tell opposing defenses, we're gonna mince-you?

Russell was hard to watch this season, downright painful to watch when injured. A lot of teams around the league have his number, defensively.

I think NFL defenses have gotten a much better bead on the scrambler QBs, Russell, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, and even Patrick Mahomes. OK, so the Rams certainly have. The problem is that some of them have such physical talent that even though the D does everything right, the mobile QB still breaks them down and pulls sandlot plays out of their ass at opportune times. Russell doesn't have the physical talent he used to, and hasn't developed the ability to read defenses to make up for it. Can the Broncos have such a successful, physical running game that they simplify passing reads for Russell? That's what it will take for him to be successful. That and an elite defense that can hold the fort and not wear down during the too-many 3-and-outs he puts up.

Russell simply wasn't good enough, didn't tilt the field enough, to make up for the less talented roster the Hawks could field after paying him.

evergreen

Reaction score
What he said. It’s not like young Russ. He’d rip the heart out of this Russ and eat it in front of his kids.