It's Happened - Wilson Traded

WarHawks

Reaction score
Russell simply wasn't good enough, didn't tilt the field enough, to make up for the less talented roster the Hawks could field after paying him.

100% this.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When can we move Mr.Limited threads off the main?He's a Donkey now.
I want to talk Hawks football..
Not some old and slow QB who can't process quick enough

Last edited:

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I don't think there's one correct answer to what happened with the trade, there are multiple factors that have been mentioned on these threads over and over which you can feel free to weight depending on your opinion:

Russ was tired of Pete's tired coaching philosophy

Russ isn't as fast as he was ten years ago, and it shows. Plus he's probably one of the most studied QBs playing, so if PC won't let him try anything new he's going to get hammered by predictable play calling.

Russ was tired of getting hit/pressured. When your coach won't listen to you, and you keep seeing the same failure over and over, it kills your spirit. We have all probably worked at a job like this.

Russ has too many off-field distractions - when you succeed at his level, you think you can do all other sorts of things and it won't get in the way. This has been the downfall of many men.

It only works to give your QB the big bag of money if you let him have input, or is on the same page as the coaching and GM staffs

PC and JS didn't cut bait soon enough with their winning formula from 10 years ago, resulting in them painting themselves into a draft/FA corner because they wanted to stick to a style that RW was no longer interested in/ceased working about 4-5 years ago. (see above about paying a bucket of money to the most important player who has diff ideas than the coach)

Pete fell into the old Big Boss trap of wanting your middle manager (QB) to step up more, but not letting him make any decisions on the fly without sign off from Big Boss, which is always a recipe for failure. it's called delegation of tasks, Pete, look it up. All NFL coaches are micro-managers of course.

Instead of acknowledging that their tried and true no longer worked, PC and JS tried more than a few seasons of stop gap measures by plugging in obvious weak spots to stop the flood, when it would have been better to 'retool' certain areas of the game.

And lastly: QBs are getting way overpaid in short term winner-take-all seasons, instead of actually developing overall talent because EVERYBODY WANTS RESULTS YESTERDAY.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ok Russ lover..
It's all PC fault..We will find out how many excuses he has with the Broncos.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They're gonna nail pick #9, rebuild the defense, and make the playoffs on the back of a run-centric offense, and we'll finally be able to post opinions again without Mr. Ahh jumping down our asses.

Get ready. The Renaissance starts today.

View attachment 53050
LT of the future with pick 9

Defense is younger with significantly more depth on the edges and promising young corner depth.

Offense is shaping up to be a great rushing attack with the best RB in college football last year, as well as a Rashaad Penny coming off a historic tear last year.

Renaissance.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
LT of the future with pick 9

Defense is younger with significantly more depth on the edges and promising young corner depth.

Offense is shaping up to be a great rushing attack with the best RB in college football last year, as well as a Rashaad Penny coming off a historic tear last year.

Renaissance.
"They're gonna nail pick #9, rebuild the defense, and make the playoffs on the back of a run-centric offense, and we'll finally be able to post opinions again without Mr. Ahh jumping down our asses."

We're off to a great start and right on track for your predictions. All except # 4; unfortunately Mr. Ahh is still hanging around with his same old shtick.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the team will ultimately become better without Wilson than they were over the past 3 seasons with Wilson.

Wonder if the Hawks are actually being somewhat sneaky while talking about focusing on a run game and drafting two very solid pass protecting OTs and they are really going to try to set up a short passing scheme with more TE use and short slants and screens. All of this will become clear as the preseason moves along.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Worked out great for us. On to 2023
Glad I stopped talking about that guy a while ago. It got old and boring.

Meh

Last edited:

James in PA

Reaction score
Please forgive the bump, but it is now the one year anniversary of the biggest trade in franchise history.

I'd like to submit this for a retrospective, and possibly a move to the archives afterward?
I was about to create a thread, wishing everybody a happy anniversary on the greatest fleecing in the NFL history!

This is better. There are enough threads about Mr. I'm Limited.

Happy anniversary! Let's ride!

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm genuinely surprised how many posts were more-or-less accurate. It's quite a long read, but interesting no less. Consistently, whether predictions were correct or incorrect, we mostly all underestimated the Seahawks.

I'm grateful that this organization over-performs much of the time as opposed to (fill in your favorite bottom dwelling team) that works hard to build expectations every year, and sell tix, but always results in disappointment. I hope we've all underestimated the team again this year at 2 playoff wins.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm genuinely surprised how many posts were more-or-less accurate. It's quite a long read, but interesting no less. Consistently, whether predictions were correct or incorrect, we mostly all underestimated the Seahawks.

I'm grateful that this organization over-performs much of the time as opposed to (fill in your favorite bottom dwelling team) that works hard to build expectations every year, and sell tix, but always results in disappointment. I hope we've all underestimated the team again this year at 2 playoff wins.
There were a lot of posts out of 24 pages that were totally wrong but we won't
go there.
Since the SB this was one of my happiest Hawk fan days ever..The air felt much
lighter without Me3 trying to take it all.

Rat

Reaction score
He racked up 100s of posts on the Denver Broncos' biggest message board last year, with a number of preseason copy-and-pastes from this board, but has been absent from there since December 11th. I hope he's OK. He remained adamant that he's a Hawks fan first though. Weird we havnt seen him around.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He racked up 100s of posts on the Denver Broncos' biggest message board last year, with a number of preseason copy-and-pastes from this board, but has been absent from there since December 11th. I hope he's OK. He remained adamant that he's a Hawks fan first though. Weird we havnt seen him around.
Ya he sure was a diehard fan 🙄 ...I think once he realized everything he said about Russ turned out to be horribly wrong he went back to other things...200

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's no longer a paid employee of Team 3. They've been making cutbacks, especially since Sean Payton took over. John was probably pretty far down on the food chain to begin with.