It's Happened - Wilson Traded

JustTheTip

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1eonk7qx said:
Aros":1eonk7qx said:
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.
Noah Fant was a first rounder.

And is more of a sure thing at this point than what this front office would pick (or trade down for) with a 3rd first round pick.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The team has no owner. So PCJS run the show, they bet on themselves thinking they can build a team on the cheap with a new QB.

We are going to find out if they were lucky last decade going into this decade.

Sac

Reaction score
The Cowboys got three first-round picks, three second-round picks, a third-round pick, and a sixth-round pick for a washed up Herschel Walker and this is the best the #Seahawks could get for a 33 year old future first ballot hall of fame quarterback?

I am irrationally angry.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
GemCity":sznks222 said:
So, do we get to finally see a game manager in action? Let me hear some replies about how PCs offense only needs a game manager. The same folks that were fine with Geno. Now you have a 6’4” QB that can see over the line.

But…you won’t dare come out and support now.

20 ints vs 25 tds doesn't seem like much of a game manager. I don't really see how this is a good deal for either team. I mean Russ always struggled in Winter weather. On the other hand Lock has thrown almost as many INT's as TD's in his young career and is behind Teddy Bridgewater on the Bronco depth chart. Hopefully the office will make something out of the draft picks they received. How ironic would it be if they finally draft a great pass protector.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sac":1rp46ywv said:
The Cowboys got three first-round picks, three second-round picks, a third-round pick, and a sixth-round pick for a washed up Herschel Walker and this is the best the #Seahawks could get for a 33 year old future first ballot hall of fame quarterback?

I am irrationally angry.

My guy, that was 33 years ago. Things have changed mightily since then, free agency not being the least of which but a huge factor.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For everyone grumbling about this what do think the chances were of re-signing Wilson after his present deal ran out?

I'd say close to slim to none, and his agent and Schneider are apparently unable to talk to each other.

This situation became inevitable after last offseason.

The 3rd 1st rounder is TE- Noah Fant, a good player at a position of need.

hoxrox

Reaction score
John63":3pfw8r2k said:
Fyi the trade is pending Wilson's approval. He had nothing to do with this. This is all PC.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1501289897075912709[/tweet]

Hawknballs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":5ol8whsl said:
For everyone grumbling about this what do think the chances were of re-signing Wilson after his present deal ran out?

I'd say close to slim to none, and his agent and Schneider are apparently unable to talk to each other.

either way the FO is to blame. Whether or not it was 'inevitable' after last season or not, they couldn't get it done and that's the result. So, i think people are allowed to 'grumble' about it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3m4diin0 said:

Exactly.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
The PC/JS era ending like that last season of GoT

hoxrox

Reaction score
Aros":3rp2asld said:
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.

It's possible WAS offered 3 firsts. But with the no-trade clause, the FO options were limited.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This trade is up there with the Vikings trading a boatload of draft picks for Herchel Walker. The ship has sailed for the Seahawks, and the waters are looking pretty dark and cold.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
After initially reading "major haul" coming to the Hawks I am underwhelmed with the final package.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Undoubtedly the WORST move in Seahawks history.
We will never find another QB even close to his level.
I am sick that the best QB in franchise history will now be playing for the team we demolished in XLVIII.
:pukeface:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1d4fhozq said:
This trade is up there with the Vikings trading a boatload of draft picks for Herchel Walker. The ship has sailed for the Seahawks, and the waters are looking pretty dark and cold.

If youre equating it to the walker trade then the seahawks are the cowboys and go on to build a perennial superbowl team.

I would love to be that optimistic. but the seahawks didn't get nearly the value walker did in return. They basically traded wilson to shed cap space and rebound from the horrible jamal adams trade.

Latest posts