It's Happened - Wilson Traded

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
First let me say I WAS DEAD WRONG. I thought there was no way in hell you trade a 1st ballot HOF QB with gas left in the tank. Well! they did. Welcome back to the dark ages of Seahawks football. 2-15 seasons, completely irrelevant for decades. Pete is 70, you get rid of Wilson and now you let him rebuild a team he wont be around to coach in a year or 2? this is just a disaster waiting to happen. Wilson is going to light it up in Denver. Stunned. This team is going to suck for a LONG time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hoxrox":2dt5wvrv said:
Aros":2dt5wvrv said:
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.

It's possible WAS offered 3 firsts. But with the no-trade clause, the FO options were limited.

Wilson is from Richmond VA about a hundred miles from DC. I'm surprised he would jump at the chance to play there.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1wx45j57 said:
After initially reading "major haul" coming to the Hawks I am underwhelmed with the final package.

It's a legitimate haul, that's a lot of picks and two very good players.

That's not the worry. The worry is do we now trust Pete and John to rebuild a SB contender with the picks and players?

This is the part that I worry about.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mvaj9x7 said:
They are far from done imo. Just a hunch, but I doubt Lock is the starter week 1 of 2022. Just my opinion.
Agreed. I think at least they try for something a bit better.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brimsalabim":4gbfhqm8 said:
hoxrox":4gbfhqm8 said:
Aros":4gbfhqm8 said:

It's possible WAS offered 3 firsts. But with the no-trade clause, the FO options were limited.

Wilson is from Richmond VA about a hundred miles from DC. I'm surprised he would jump at the chance to play there.

I think it's probably because it's a dumpster fire organization that's run by a doofus sleazebag with the worst field conditions in the entire league.

Russell wants more rings, not to blow his MCL out 2-3 more times into forced retirement.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
beastalamode":8yrx2xrn said:
So we unload Russ but not the architects of the disastrous Adams trade? Pete and Jon should have been fired 30 minutes after news of this trade broke.

What a clownworld we live in.
Who's going to fire Pete & Jon? They pretty much are the acting ownership. Heck I'm starting to wonder if one of them might be doing Jody.

keasley45

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3w1x7vp5 said:
hoxrox":3w1x7vp5 said:
Aros":3w1x7vp5 said:

Wilson has been enamored with Colorado since his he baseball days. He wanted to play for the Rockies. So not surprised there, especially with the opportunity to follow Peyton Manning.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he plays worse in Cold weather, the air up there made his ball sail, coming out his balls will be underthrown, this will be interesting to watch.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawknballs":395waekp said:
Hawkpower":395waekp said:
Hawknballs":395waekp said:
Hawkpower":395waekp said:
why would we boo the 3rd string QB?

Who's QB1 and QB2?

Please spare me the Gardner Minshew nonsense.

Lets let it not be March before we decide Lock is our QB, fair?

I'm sorry that I have to explain hyperbole to you. Unless you sincerely think I was serious that Lock was going to be our starter for the next 10 years - or that suffering more due to longer seasons was "looking on the bright side"?

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

You were sarcastic about people booing Lock?

Ok.....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":18rvdwlq said:
After initially reading "major haul" coming to the Hawks I am underwhelmed with the final package.

Perhaps Wilson isnt viewed league wide the way you many here view him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I see that Denver have 2 2nd rounders this year, if we get both of those im excited. 3 picks in r2 in a deep draft is excellent news.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont get the players in this trade. I mean the ones coming to Seattle. They are good players (except Lock obviously) but Seattle starts from zero point now. ”Good” veterans are not useful to haul in at this point. 2+2 is not that much in picks for a franchise QB.

Other than that I’m not against starting a rebuild now. New management is needed for that though. I sincerely hope no one in the organization fantasizes about being relevant in the near future…

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":pj5sjwq7 said:
Hawknballs":pj5sjwq7 said:
Hawkpower":pj5sjwq7 said:
Hawknballs":pj5sjwq7 said:
Who's QB1 and QB2?

Please spare me the Gardner Minshew nonsense.

I'm sorry that I have to explain hyperbole to you. Unless you sincerely think I was serious that Lock was going to be our starter for the next 10 years - or that suffering more due to longer seasons was "looking on the bright side"?

Ok.....

At this point you have to be being intentionally obtuse.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Slow old potato Russ is in trouble in the cold mile high.

Good trade before the league realized it is decline from here. It will happen quickly

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Im bummed as Russ my favorite hawks QB. On the other hand, a lot of reports are saying it is a win/win on both sides. I do not believe Lock is Seattle's starter week 1.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Smellyman":16ek535o said:
Slow old potato Russ is in trouble in the cold mile high.

Good trade before the league realized it is decline from here. It will happen quickly
Expect a few losses come December...guess they didn't watch his tape when he played in the cold.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Wow. The negativity here is off the charts! Unbelievable. :pukeface:

I for one and stoked about this. We saw the Bengals turn their team around in a year, and there is no reason we can't do the same thing here. They will get their qb of the future in the next year or two, and then it will be another fun ride watching us climb the hill to the promised land. I would rather have that than another year or two of yelling at Russ to throw the ball, and being frustrated because we couldn't go anywhere in the playoffs. Buckle up boys and girls. For you Aldus Huxley fans, it's a Brave New World out there. Creativity and Imagination will rule the day, not negativity and cynicism. The possibilities are exciting once again. Now I'm super stoked for the draft and all the moves they're going to make, like they used to. Enjoy the ride! :2thumbs:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3c1l2fvb said:
Hawkpower":3c1l2fvb said:
Hawknballs":3c1l2fvb said:
Hawkpower":3c1l2fvb said:

Ok.....

At this point you have to be being intentionally obtuse.

No, I seriously don't get it, but whatever.

If I misread you lamenting Lock being our QB at anypoint I apologize. Its the internet and it happens

If you were serious about Lock being our QB, ever, on purpose, step away from the ledge and I'll leave it at that. Hes just a body to fill out a camp roster.

Take Care

hawks85

Reaction score
schkoot":2fnhtknl said:
pinksheets":2fnhtknl said:
Bye b!@ch!

This. I hope he $h!t the bed in Denver.

Does Wilson have talent, yeah, but he isn't as good as people make him out to be. Take away that deep ball and you have a below average QB and no one will convince me otherwise. Wilson takes to many chances and hangs onto the ball way to long to thrive any offense consistently. None of this will change in Denver.

Latest posts