It's Just Insulting...

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Since Monday, every reporter, analyst, radio show host etc. thinks that Carolina will win. I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone praise Cam Newton. I can't watch ESPN or NFL Network or even listen to the radio without hearing this crap. Cam Newton, the same douche that when his team is losing, he sits with that dumb towel over his head and pouts but when his team is winning, he does a stupid 30 second dance every first down or touchdown. Panther's fans and the rest of the media forget that we are the two time NFC champs and almost won back to back Superbowls. Not to mention that we've pretty much beat them every single time we've played against them. So what you beat us in the last 30 seconds off blown coverage?!!?!? Seems like everyone undermines the Seahawks will to fight especially when people doubt them. I'll be first to admit Cam Newton is a great QB but that doesn't equal to the Panthers easily getting by us just like everyone thinks. Can't wait to see Cam dab his way back to his couch after we beat them and prove the doubters wrong. Rant over. Go Hawks

Rob12

Reaction score
We need to get back to loving the underdog role. I know I do. I'm betting the players do, as well. We're a more talented team from top to bottom. And that is going to show on Sunday.

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Deep down i'm loving it though because we know how our team responds to this. All of this just adds fuel to the fire. Here comes Beast Mode.

Rob12

Reaction score
LegendKiller":3645gnxl said:
Deep down i'm loving it though because we know how our team responds to this. All of this just adds fuel to the fire. Here comes Beast Mode.

Damn right, brother. I don't want the media singing our praises. Our team thrives on the doubt of others... We've seen Sherman in the past call out all of the doubters... Even 12's. All that matters is we believe. The rest of the nation will catch up soon enough as we make our way to SB 50.

Decimation

Reaction score
Rob12":yh2pehv1 said:
LegendKiller":yh2pehv1 said:

Damn right, brother. I don't want the media singing our praises. Our team thrives on the doubt of others... We've seen Sherman in the past call out all of the doubters... Even 12's. All that matters is we believe. The rest of the nation will catch up soon enough as we make our way to SB 50.
This is awesome. I'm so excited for what this team has ahead of them for the rest of the post season. It would be remarkable to make it back to the Super Bowl after starting 2-4!

What a heck of year it's been. Never count this team out that's for sure!

Bryce84

Reaction score
I don't find it insulting at all. We barely snuck by the Vikings last week (I know, the weather conditions changed that game a lot - but thats the surface value a lot of the "experts" will take from it). Carolina is in their house, has a 15-1 record with #1 seed and the likely league MVP at QB. What do you expect? I've not heard an overwhelming bias in picks for Carolina so far. If anyone should feel insulted its Carolina. Guarantee that adds a little to their motivation too.

All in all, it doesn't upset me in the least because as people have mentioned, the team seems to like playing the underdog role. Even though they probably psyche themselves into being in that role in the times they're the favorites too. Most importantly though, it puts all the pressure on Carolina.

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Bryce84":3j5bx6eh said:
I don't find it insulting at all. We barely snuck by the Vikings last week (I know, the weather conditions changed that game a lot - but thats the surface value a lot of the "experts" will take from it). Carolina is in their house, has a 15-1 record with #1 seed and the likely league MVP at QB. What do you expect? I've not heard an overwhelming bias in picks for Carolina so far. If anyone should feel insulted its Carolina. Guarantee that adds a little to their motivation too.

All in all, it doesn't upset me in the least because as people have mentioned, the team seems to like playing the underdog role. Even though they probably psyche themselves into being in that role in the times they're the favorites too. Most importantly though, it puts all the pressure on Carolina.

I actually disagree. Why should Carolina be insulted??? If anything, with everyone being so quick to count us out I feel that the Panthers are becoming more cocky and overall, they are underestimating us...that's why I think we should feel insulted.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Do not forget SB 48 when the number one defense, Seahawks, battled the number one offense, Broncos, and Seattle won that game by the end of the 2nd quarter. History will repeat itself Sunday against the Panthers if both the Offense and Defense play stellar like they did in the second half of the 2015 regular season. ;)

I tuned out the media as of yesterday because of their Panther bias.

Rob12

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2xjn5yaa said:
Bryce84":2xjn5yaa said:

I actually disagree. Why should Carolina be insulted??? If anything, with everyone being so quick to count us out I feel that the Panthers are becoming more cocky and overall, they are underestimating us...that's why I think we should feel insulted.

Carolina isn't underestimating the Hawks.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I've actually seen a couple of Seahawks picks and even the analysts who say the Panthers will win say they will do so in a very close game.

This game is hard to pick a favorite for and most of the analysts just try to play it safe by picking the #1 seed over the #6 seed.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ta3k8f1 said:
I've seen plenty of them picking the Hawks.

Somebody's not paying attention :{)

I have seen that as well. It just not my panthers getting love. Seahawks are getting some as well. Might not be as much as us though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just read an article that listed all the major predictions and it's actually split pretty even. I think ESPN is big on Carolina and we are saturated with that opinion so it stands out. Nfl network seems to favor Seattle.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2n1a5eix said:
Bryce84":2n1a5eix said:

I dont think a professional football team is underestimating another professional football team at this stage in the playoffs.

Bryce84

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2ye5ay1t said:

Must have missed the part where I said I haven't seen an overwhelming bias of picks toward Carolina, as other posters have also pointed out. There's hardly anyone being "quick to count us out". As for why should Carolina feel insulted? I think its more reasonable to expect them to feel insulted for not being unanimous picks from experts after the season they had than Seattle should for being the 6 seed coming off a 1 point road win against an inferior opponent.

Really though, its just a louder opinion that ultimately doesn't mean anything. The players always conjure up their own ways of feeling insulted as motivation. As fans, it shouldn't bother us at all - we're not on the field to prove these "experts" wrong. They're wrong enough on their own as it is.

Canhawks

Reaction score
I find it incredible that a #1 15-1 seed playing at HOME against a #6 10-6 seed is only favored by 1-3 points.To me thats a bit of a slap in the face to Carolina.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Stop caring what they say and your life will get better. I promise.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Canhawks":3ez4min4 said:
I find it incredible that a #1 15-1 seed playing at HOME against a #6 10-6 seed is only favored by 1-3 points.To me thats a bit of a slap in the face to Carolina.

Good way of looking at it. And speaks volumes of Seahawks' legitimacy.

I don't care which team the columnists and analysts pick, I just know that Carolina beat a number of junior varsity teams and that Seattle is built to be able to beat anyone, any time, any place. Except the Rams, of course.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2dso8i0c said:
Since Monday, every reporter, analyst, radio show host etc. thinks that Carolina will win. I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone praise Cam Newton. I can't watch ESPN or NFL Network or even listen to the radio without hearing this crap. Cam Newton, the same douche that when his team is losing, he sits with that dumb towel over his head and pouts but when his team is winning, he does a stupid 30 second dance every first down or touchdown. Panther's fans and the rest of the media forget that we are the two time NFC champs and almost won back to back Superbowls. Not to mention that we've pretty much beat them every single time we've played against them. So what you beat us in the last 30 seconds off blown coverage?!!?!? Seems like everyone undermines the Seahawks will to fight especially when people doubt them. I'll be first to admit Cam Newton is a great QB but that doesn't equal to the Panthers easily getting by us just like everyone thinks. Can't wait to see Cam dab his way back to his couch after we beat them and prove the doubters wrong. Rant over. Go Hawks

Over the past couple years, I have learned to tune out the network shows when they discuss the Hawks. I already know what they are going to say, and IF I am wrong, I know I can read about it later. I don't have time for the crap. I just wonder sometimes if they ever get tired of constantly being proven wrong.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think the OP is way off base. Lots of love coming our way as a 6 seed. Everyone is saying these teams are even and Carolina is getting the benefit of HFA.
There is nothing to get your gander up over.