It's time to start talking about benching Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3iit85f2 said:
That 2 minute drive def. looked more like what we are used to seeing. But this team in general is a total crap show.
Actually, for the WFT's Defense? that 2- minute drive, was them bending, but not breaking.
The problem with 'What I See', is the Seahawks Offense not showing any real urgency, or 'Hurry Up', until the game is almost over...Their Offensive timing, or should I say 'OFF-Timing', is repetitive, is fooling no one, so it's easy to defend.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2nctjwn5 said:
RiverDog":2nctjwn5 said:
Oh, I agree. I'm not sure if Russell has ever gone through a similar stretch in his career, professional or college. It's definitely a character-building experience.

LTH":2nctjwn5 said:
Thats the point I keep trying to say to everyone Greatness is built from working through adversity. If Russ wants to be great, he will work through it... and Carroll will give him the chance to do that where other coaches might not.

The problem for Carroll is that his job is first and foremost to win football games. Assisting a player to achieve greatness, except as it relates to the team's success, is secondary. If benching Wilson will give us the best chance of winning, than Russell needs to hit the pine. He should be treated like any other player that is under performing.

LTH":2nctjwn5 said:
Same goes for Carroll he has some adversity to work through and let's see how he handles that... this will tell us where he is at in his coaching career, and it might just tell Carroll where he is at if he looks at it honestly. things just need to play out.

LTH

I've lost my patience with Pete and am unwilling to give him more time to "work through the adversity and see how he handles it." I want him out.

So, what you're going to fire him mid-season and not see how it plays out? Pete is NOT going to get fired unless he tanks the rest of the season then maybe, maybe not... But I understand your frustration about losing... it's not fun.

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":1hs2ioju said:
I've lost my patience with Pete and am unwilling to give him more time to "work through the adversity and see how he handles it." I want him out.

LTH":1hs2ioju said:
So, what you're going to fire him mid-season and not see how it plays out? Pete is NOT going to get fired unless he tanks the rest of the season then maybe, maybe not... But I understand your frustration about losing... it's not fun.

LTH

Once we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I see no reason to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. Besides, getting rid of Pete before the end of the season may give us a leg up on his replacement.

LTH

Reaction score
right now, that's all speculation. i would put money on the table that they are NOT going to fire Pete mid-season... i would also say that depending on how the season plays out they will not fire pete for one losing season. two yes.