Jadeveon Clowney

jammerhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1n89pmgy said:
They were hooking and holding him half the night.

Twice, I saw him being bear hugged from behind.

And even so, he made an impact. Clark was very good but streaky. I saw Clowney making impact all night, in freeing guys like Jefferson to make plays.

We need to ratchet down expectations though. Part of the reason there was so much impact was this was a patchwork line that the Bengals were fielding. It will probably be one of the worst OL we face this year. Still, he looks like a great addition.

Except for the Bengals OLine comments which are true to the extent their Oline isn't that good I completely agree about Clowney and as well I believed the edge pressure from our D was solid all night except they just kept coming up a bit short.

Clowney is going to be an excellent addition to the team.

D

DomeHawk

Clowney is the fastest edge rusher the Seahawks have ever had. Once Ziggy, Reed, Ford, Collier, Jefferson, et al, are all in place this should be a really special line.

Gawd knows we are going to need them with this secondary.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Some guys are just hyperathletic and and make everything they do looks effortless. It's like they have next-level body control.

There were flashes of that many times yesterday with Clowney. One play in particular I remember was where Dalton's pass was swatted down and Clowney nearly picked it off as it fell to the ground. I'm not talking about a ball that was tipped into the air, I'm talking about a ball that was swatted down, and Clowney still nearly grabbed it with his paws before it hit the ground.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2j0x2x9s said:
They were hooking and holding him half the night.

Twice, I saw him being bear hugged from behind.

And even so, he made an impact. Clark was very good but streaky. I saw Clowney making impact all night, in freeing guys like Jefferson to make plays.

We need to ratchet down expectations though. Part of the reason there was so much impact was this was a patchwork line that the Bengals were fielding. It will probably be one of the worst OL we face this year. Still, he looks like a great addition.

While the Bengals o-line isnt great, that is pretty much how Clowney impacts games all the time.

I think we can expect that type of game from him more often than not.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Frankly I thought the Bengals O line did a better job protecting Dalton than ours did protecting Wilson.

jdc90

Reaction score
I got to see some of the first half yesterday and JD played petty well considering it's the first time he's suited up for any kind of game this year including preseason games, hell as a matter of fact this past week is first time this year he's suited up for a practice and hit a blocking dummy.
You guys are gonna be happy, real happy with Clowney. He'll make a play every once in a awhile that's makes you go, "how did he do that" ? You know like maybe run down 30 yards from behind and tackle a 195 lb RB or WR. His speed and quickness are mesmerizing.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1gd5da47 said:
When he's chasing a QB it's crazy how fast he is.

Yeah and I was worried about a Hammy pull knowing he had not worked in a playing environment for a while.