They're doing it!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Another great post by Fade. The typical fans coming out bashing him after he spent the time to write that up for us is disappointing. Still not sure why that type of behavior not only keeps happening but is allowed to keep happening.

Their aggressive stunts and blitzes were timed perfectly by Hurtt. The Giants are awful, but our guys feasted when they should have. Love to see it.

Keep up the great work Fade

toffee

Reaction score
Another great post by Fade. The typical fans coming out bashing him after he spent the time to write that up for us is disappointing. Still not sure why that type of behavior not only keeps happening but is allowed to keep happening.

Their aggressive stunts and blitzes were timed perfectly by Hurtt. The Giants are awful, but our guys feasted when they should have. Love to see it.

Keep up the great work Fade
I gave credit to Hurtt calling plays up in the booth, with Birdseye view and away from the guys, may be he needed those extra seconds to think instead of interacting?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
now THAT is rich.

This is not a Young Team
Rams are tanking it, book it!
Fire Pete
you have to outscore your opponent to win
hitching your wagon to Geno? You're gonna' get dunked on all season

Jokes aside, it was a good post.

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps Pete is finally getting through to Hurrt.

Not sure why it has taken them this long to understand what works best for their D. Not sure yet that the Giants breakthrough is in fact a real breakthrough, need to see more. I suspect it was more b/c the D knew the Gmen were always going to pass as they were hopeless running the ball.

I’d be happy to see the D continously apply more pressure, this may not be so when the opponent can actually run the ball with any effectiveness.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When you have a solid secondary, you can be a lot more aggressive with blitzes, that's not groundbreaking. I did love seeing them attacking the QB though, a lot.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
My only objection is that this isn't the case of Seattle suddenly coming around to playing a particular style. They built the defense to blitz more from the secondary. Pete talked about it a lot last offseason. And the reason we haven't seen it this season is because we did not have the personnel due to injuries.
My worry would be, is they only dialed up this much pressure due to the Giants playing with a backup O-Line.

So the smart thing to do, is do exactly what they did given their circumstances. The Hawks blitzed on 40% of snaps, and stunted on many others.

It will be something to monitor in the next couple games. There is a chance they go back, as dumb as that sounds.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I do find it interesting. I’ve advocated for being more aggressive. I looked forward to Fade’s posts until a couple years ago. Nothing against him, just not what I see a lot of the time. And then change the narrative. All good. I’m not sure if I’ve ever quoted Fade or replied to him directly until now. Insight is good. Thanks nano.
Curious, what narrative are you talking about?