Jalen Carter sued by family of teammate who died in racing incident

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Most 20 year olds are not reasonable people. And none of this makes Carter responsible for the actions of the others involved.

Most 20 yos are immune from being sued as they have little to their name, unlike Carter.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are always consequences that follow misconduct of this type. Carter is another in a long line of pampered and thus self entitled athletes who think they can march to their own rules of behaviour. Likely the suit may raise further character question about this player, and may amount to nothing more that a venting that he ran away when his friend died.

Reality is he needs to change his thinking if in fact he can at this point. The recent news of him repping the Bloods certainly indicates he’s likely genuinely not that bright. His conditioning issues indicate he’s not truly fully invested in his craft.

As I said in the other thread about him, you just can’t fix stupid.

So glad he’s not a problem for my team.

Last edited:

warden

Reaction score
He was street racing which ended up in a Fatality. Nothing good is going to happen to Carter because of this

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This is about a different player, but the logic of settlement is the same.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
This is about a different player, but the logic of settlement is the same.

“Settling is admitting guilt,” Araiza told USA Today. “That’s not the truth. That’s not what happened.”

My thoughts exactly. Shame on Mike Florio, I can't believe he actually suggested Araiza should pay his false accuser $50,000 just because it's "the easy thing".

"Principle" is something that Florio apparently lacks. Maybe he doesn't care about his own reputation, but others do. Liars shouldn't be rewarded.

And that USA Today article is confusing as hell. They wrote that Araiza denied the claims, then a little later on, that the video doesn't show Araiza with the woman in question, and then a little after that, it says Araiza confessed to having sex with the woman. Which is it? Did I misread it? It's not as clear as it should be, coming from a professional organization such as USA Today.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
“Settling is admitting guilt,” Araiza told USA Today. “That’s not the truth. That’s not what happened.”

My thoughts exactly. Shame on Mike Florio, I can't believe he actually suggested Araiza should pay his false accuser $50,000 just because it's "the easy thing".

"Principle" is something that Florio apparently lacks. Maybe he doesn't care about his own reputation, but others do. Liars shouldn't be rewarded.

And that USA Today article is confusing as hell. They wrote that Araiza denied the claims, then a little later on, that the video doesn't show Araiza with the woman in question, and then a little after that, it says Araiza confessed to having sex with the woman. Which is it? Did I misread it? It's not as clear as it should be, coming from a professional organization such as USA Today.

It all comes down to this. If he got even a handy from a 17 yo, just settle it.