Jalen Ramsey: Stop Hyping Seahawks Up, Baldwin only "Good"

RussB

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1zxhj5ku said:
RussB":1zxhj5ku said:
Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Ill take Xavier Rhodes over almost any other CB this year. He shut down Julio last week and made him look, dare I say, PEDESTRIAN :lol:
Xavier rhodes too. I cant decide whos better him or ramsey. Ramsey is just a freak athlete and can lock anyone down. Rhodes literally takes guys out of the game probably the hardest guy to beat in coverage.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RussB":xnbeczt8 said:
Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Hope Doug beats him for a TD and does his poop celebration.

IrishNW

Reaction score
[youtube]HGCO_Tqpyy0[/youtube]

I'm sorry but I cant take man serious when he acts like this. Talk about "SWAG" rofl

adeltaY

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":29ypu8oz said:
adeltaY":29ypu8oz said:
I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something..

Giphy

Yeah, you're probably right. I think he could end up being better in a couple years. They're both elite though. On Rhodes, if you watch his matchup with Julio, Julio was getting separation pretty consistently, but Ryan was missing him. It's frustrating because he seemed to hit every pass even when Julio wasn't open against our guys, but the Minnesota defense seemed to have him completely confused. Then again, IDK if there's anyone in the league that can stick Julio.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
adeltaY":zf50x6aa said:
Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

[youtube]rLJQ45gETqI[/youtube]

I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.
I disagree. Plus Ramsey wears ugly hats.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4gfd0rz8 said:
adeltaY":4gfd0rz8 said:
Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.

Yea but ya kinda have to give him a pass on the hat, it’s not like he can wear a Seahawk hat while he’s still in their facility.

:{)

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24eiqhi4 said:
adeltaY":24eiqhi4 said:

They both get their heads turned around, so I guess it's a wash? :mrgreen:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
adeltaY":3lqb4euv said:
I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was,
We're all waiting for your argument. NONE of Ramsey's stats are as good as Sherman's first couple years. (Not cherry-picking Sherman's stats, it's just that Ramsey hasn't finished his second season yet, and good CBs gain notoriety and start getting targeted less, so it's more accurate.)

But, I'm waiting on your argument.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seriously, this guy is trying to punk Baldwin and Wilson? Watch Baldwin embarrass this punk and break his ankles. Just good? Really? Baldwin is probably at Largent level or damn well a sliver hair behind dummy. Precise routes are his game young fool.

He's just pedestrian though trust me.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1p0d9661 said:
adeltaY":1p0d9661 said:
We're all waiting for your argument. NONE of Ramsey's stats are as good as Sherman's first couple years. (Not cherry-picking Sherman's stats, it's just that Ramsey hasn't finished his second season yet, and good CBs gain notoriety and start getting targeted less, so it's more accurate.)

Yeah, I was wrong, he's not there yet, but I think he'll get there. I'm not sure how to find passer rating allowed stats, but Ramsey is allowing a 52.7 rating this year. It's hard to find these stats so I'm trying to piece them together. PFF says Sherm has allowed a 60.2 passer rating since 2014, but I known his best years were 2012-2014, so I'm sure it was lower then.

Film is subjective, but Ramsey seems like he's got the physicality and is definitely a superior athlete to Sherman. Once he further improves his technique and learns more of the nuances of the game.... watch out. This is no knock on Sherman, I'd rather have him than Ramsey (high first rounder) because he was a fifth round pick who was the best corner in the league for a while. Also, he's pretty cool.

RussB

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1h7l1n2z said:
adeltaY":1h7l1n2z said:

Ramsey is very good. Hes big , physical, and is fast as well. Guy is a dominant corner. Might be the best in the league, sherman i obviously past his prime but still top 5. Ramsey is already on the level sherman was in his prime to me thats no disprespect hes just that good.

themunn

Reaction score
adeltaY":8l1qx5iv said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/869639492059181056[/tweet]

And that doesn't even include his 2012 and 2013 seasons which were statistically his best, with 16 interceptions, and a QB rating against of 41.1 and 47.3 when targeted (both comfortably the best rates in the league).

5 years at the top. Few corners EVER can lay claim to have been that dominant. Ramsey is nowhere near it yet, and Baldwin can and has trashed every cornerback he goes up against

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RussB":dhj2v7pe said:
RolandDeschain":dhj2v7pe said:
adeltaY":dhj2v7pe said:

Ramsey is very good. Hes big , physical, and is fast as well. Guy is a dominant corner. Might be the best in the league, sherman i obviously past his prime but still top 5. Ramsey is already on the level sherman was in his prime to me thats no disprespect hes just that good.

Does Ramsey tackle? Because I judge corners on their full set of skills. While Deion Sanders was probably the greatest cover guy in the history of the NFL, he wasn't just a terrible tackler, he was an embarrassment. That's why I would take Sherman every day over any CB.

djb28

Reaction score
This kid doesn't understand what an angry Doug is. He is about to see that up close and personal. I can't wait to see him shaken out of his shoes. This is exactly the shit that fires our team up . I'm so happy this happened!

original poster

Reaction score
I hope he gets absolutely served.

I'd imagine Doug will be operating predominantly from the slot, think JR is strictly at outside guy?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
adeltaY":1n4373id said:
Sports Hernia":1n4373id said:
adeltaY":1n4373id said:

They both get their heads turned around, so I guess it's a wash? :mrgreen:
They do. If wouldn’t call it a wash though. Sherms been doing it longer.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Im not going to hold it against him. Ramsey has that same bravado and confidence that Sherman had pre-Super Bowl title. If JR were a Seahawk he would certainly be fan favorite I think even with his attitude and trash talk.

Plus there is no denying it. The guy is an elite shutdown corner.

mistaowen

Reaction score
We loved the same attitude and swagger Sherm had, you want your players to be confident. Especially if they can back it up. Though no CB really put up the numbers Richard did over that 6 year period, he needs to have a couple more seasons at this same caliber of play.

That said, I hope Doug makes him look stupid this weekend.