Jalen Ramsey: Stop Hyping Seahawks Up, Baldwin only "Good"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ask Josh Norman if Doug is an average or just good WR? He flat out OWNED him on that should have been winning TD. Made him look stupid.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mistaowen":1m3yhwql said:
We loved the same attitude and swagger Sherm had, you want your players to be confident. Especially if they can back it up. Though no CB really put up the numbers Richard did over that 6 year period, he needs to have a couple more seasons at this same caliber of play.

That said, I hope Doug makes him look stupid this weekend.
This. You made my point better than I did. LOL.

RussB

Reaction score
Seanhawk":12b3jjhg said:
RussB":12b3jjhg said:
RolandDeschain":12b3jjhg said:
adeltaY":12b3jjhg said:
I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was,
We're all waiting for your argument. NONE of Ramsey's stats are as good as Sherman's first couple years. (Not cherry-picking Sherman's stats, it's just that Ramsey hasn't finished his second season yet, and good CBs gain notoriety and start getting targeted less, so it's more accurate.)

But, I'm waiting on your argument.
Ramsey is very good. Hes big , physical, and is fast as well. Guy is a dominant corner. Might be the best in the league, sherman i obviously past his prime but still top 5. Ramsey is already on the level sherman was in his prime to me thats no disprespect hes just that good.

Does Ramsey tackle? Because I judge corners on their full set of skills. While Deion Sanders was probably the greatest cover guy in the history of the NFL, he wasn't just a terrible tackler, he was an embarrassment. That's why I would take Sherman every day over any CB.
Tackling is one of his strengths. He played safety and corner at FSU. Hes a complete corner just like sherman.

Seymour

Reaction score
northseahawk":2o1kx2tc said:
This ignorant fool might not even play Sunday! Listed as Questionable.

Pretty sure that was in reference to his opinion.

stizz19

Reaction score
themunn":2f6b4lxs said:
adeltaY":2f6b4lxs said:
I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/869639492059181056[/tweet]

And that doesn't even include his 2012 and 2013 seasons which were statistically his best, with 16 interceptions, and a QB rating against of 41.1 and 47.3 when targeted (both comfortably the best rates in the league).

5 years at the top. Few corners EVER can lay claim to have been that dominant. Ramsey is nowhere near it yet, and Baldwin can and has trashed every cornerback he goes up against

Exactly. Norman is a very good corner and Baldwin dominated him on a few plays. People saying Ramsey is better than Sherman was in his prime is utterly ridiculous.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Scorpion05":xgacvfex said:
I know Baldwin is no Fitz. Although, he's criminally underrated

Jalen is no Richard Sherman either. Bortles is no Wentz or Russ. But you will very likely here pretty much everyone on our team talk about how good the Jags are

As for the Trent Williams thing, even with the Crabtree thing Sherman tried to shake his hand. Jalen just seems to make it more personal and lacks respect for his opponents. When Sherman trash talked Brady, it's because Brady said "See us after the game when we win." Brady's a known trash talker

Sean Payton and Drew Brees are fans of Richard Sherman, and you know he talked trash during the games.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-sa ... ompliments

Only the feeble minded cant separate the trash talk from the man.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Can or did anybody tweet JR comments to DB? I don't do twitter. :stirthepot:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I don't think he said anything too worthy of the bulletin board. He was right about the media "hyping" people. We see it all the time. They even hype teams. What he said about Baldwin isn't false. He isn't Fitz and probably never will be. That doesn't make Doug bad.

That being said, RW is one of the most generous QBs playing. He distributes his passes to many receivers every game. That alone will eliminate Ramsey from having any large impact on this game.

Ozzy

Reaction score
adeltaY":3nr9j0t7 said:
Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

[youtube]rLJQ45gETqI[/youtube]

I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.
He's better than Sherman ever was? Sherman has had a 3 year stretch that many consider one of the most dominant stretches ever. I love Ramsey but that's a crazy statement, respectfully.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, agreed it’s a fairly benign statement getting hyped into bulletin board material.

His “good” didn’t sound like a disrespectful “good” but rather an acknowledgement of Baldwin’s ability despite the fact that he’s not a first ballot hall of famer like Fitzgerald.

FWIW Baldwin to me is kinda like Frank Gore — a very, very good player who will be in the conversation for getting into the Hall (although he won’t have anywhere close to gore’s stats when it’s all said and done) but will get penalized because at no point in his career was he a top two or three guy at his position.

Heyseed

Reaction score
mr-furious-mystery-men.jpg

Rage Taking Over

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2oawqju0 said:
I don't think he said anything too worthy of the bulletin board. He was right about the media "hyping" people. We see it all the time. They even hype teams. What he said about Baldwin isn't false. He isn't Fitz and probably never will be. That doesn't make Doug bad.

That being said, RW is one of the most generous QBs playing. He distributes his passes to many receivers every game. That alone will eliminate Ramsey from having any large impact on this game.

He didn't say the Seahawks suck, or that Baldwin sucks. He just made unnecessary comments. Not the most bulletin board material comments one can imagine, but still unnecessary.

It would be like me telling someone "hey you've lost weight but you're not as hot as that other person." Or "You may be smart but you're no Einstein." It may be factual, but unnecessary. To me, it just shows a general lack of respect for a team that HAS had perennial playoff success. We can bash Pete all day but that's not easy, and some fans wait YEARS for a championship before finally succeeding. We've had 2 Super Bowl trips in 6 years. Pretty impressive

So no, I wasn't trying to "overhype" his comments. He just seems to lack a certain kind of maturity and decorum that the great ones have. Imo he can't hold Sherman's jock strap, or even Revis in his heyday

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
So will beville follow the advice and target Ramsey all game or will we just accept the pregame conversation and plan around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adeltaY

Reaction score
Popeyejones":l6mct3rv said:
Yeah, agreed it’s a fairly benign statement getting hyped into bulletin board material.

His “good” didn’t sound like a disrespectful “good” but rather an acknowledgement of Baldwin’s ability despite the fact that he’s not a first ballot hall of famer like Fitzgerald.

FWIW Baldwin to me is kinda like Frank Gore — a very, very good player who will be in the conversation for getting into the Hall (although he won’t have anywhere close to gore’s stats when it’s all said and done) but will get penalized because at no point in his career was he a top two or three guy at his position.

Gore is an unquestionable first ballot HoF. I think he just moved into 5th all-time for rushing yards this past Sunday.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2xelytyn said:
MD5eahawks":2xelytyn said:

He didn't say the Seahawks suck, or that Baldwin sucks. He just made unnecessary comments. Not the most bulletin board material comments one can imagine, but still unnecessary.

It would be like me telling someone "hey you've lost weight but you're not as hot as that other person." Or "You may be smart but you're no Einstein." It may be factual, but unnecessary. To me, it just shows a general lack of respect for a team that HAS had perennial playoff success. We can bash Pete all day but that's not easy, and some fans wait YEARS for a championship before finally succeeding. We've had 2 Super Bowl trips in 6 years. Pretty impressive

So no, I wasn't trying to "overhype" his comments. He just seems to lack a certain kind of maturity and decorum that the great ones have. Imo he can't hold Sherman's jock strap, or even Revis in his heyday
I don't think you understood what I said. I was merely pointing out that he didn't say anything worthy of a bulletin board. His complaint was to the media and how they over hype teams and players. I didn't find anything he said as disrespectful. That doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't trying to be disrespectful. He definitely strikes me as being completely immature.

I remember being a fan of a team very similar to those Jags. We were treated with the exact same "how dare you not respect us" attitude. Hopefully, he will learn the only way possible, and that is by humbly getting beat.

That lack of decorum and maturity he lacks is the same thing I've heard people say about Sherman. I don't bother to engage them though because I know different.

edit: I had to edit cuz I took out a quote bracket by accident.