Jamal Adams back as... a linebacker?

xray

Reaction score
With a nod to @Hockey Guy

It's so awesome this board would honour our greatest safety of all time with this duplicate thread even though he should never have been signed in the first place.

I can still feel the love we all still have for him.
^
You've lost somebody before , haven't you ? I'm so sorry .

Rat

Reaction score
Excellent idea. Let's move someone made of glass to a position where they'll be involved in even more contact. While we're at it, let's have him play running back too.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Even if they wanted to, they don't have the cap space to sign anyone else... unless they re-structure some players and/or cut some players.

OTC.com has us at $2.0M in Cap Space and a NEGATIVE $1.3M in Effective Cap Space, which takes into consideration the cap space needed to sign all of our draft picks.

Not to mention that we need cap space for PS players and Injured Reserve players.

sutz

Reaction score
Even if they wanted to, they don't have the cap space to sign anyone else... unless they re-structure some players and/or cut some players.

OTC.com has us at $2.0M in Cap Space and a NEGATIVE $1.3M in Effective Cap Space, which takes into consideration the cap space needed to sign all of our draft picks.

Not to mention that we need cap space for PS players and Injured Reserve players.
You keep saying all of that. We don't need to worry about any of that until the season starts. Right now, only the top 51 salaries count, and there will be time in training camp/pre-season to balance all of that out.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
You keep saying all of that. We don't need to worry about any of that until the season starts. Right now, only the top 51 salaries count, and there will be time in training camp/pre-season to balance all of that out.
What I said is factual and what you said is also factual.

MY point... we're currently up against the cap and something has to give. Nothing more... nothing less.

GemCity

Reaction score
I wish he would’ve never got injured…he was a dawg.

But, his time has come..and gone.

sutz

Reaction score
I still don't see this happening until after the draft at least, and if at all. 🤷‍♂️

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If they're going to bring him back (which I assume at ~6 mill or more per year, which is what they saved to cut him this year on top of a 20 mill dead cap hit, if I'm not mistaken), what was the ******* point of cutting him in the first place? This would be an extremely dumb move if it happened and would make me question the new regime so hard.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I feel it’s going to be a challenge for a young coach to balance out skills and behaviors. If the coach has to spend more time dealing with non football stuff, that would be hard. His health is another variable, only the organization has the knowledge on how football ready he really is. For a fan, it’s all subjective opinions based on historical data that maybe less or more augmented than real.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm all for it. Already paying him what like 20 million to do nothing? May as well get something for all that money.
Nope. He's a liability in coverage and too small and frail to play LB. We'd have a better chance of success by giving his roster spot to some up and coming rookie eager to make a name for himself than we would bringing Adams back in any capacity.

That's an aspect about this dilemma that a lot of otherwise intelligent and football savvy posters are missing. Roster spots are a valuable commodity as there are only 53 of them. We can't afford to be using them in a 1 in 1000 chance of success like we would by bringing back Adams as a LB.