Jamal Adams Injury...

W

Welshers

Does anyone here know much about groin strains? I understand that they can greatly vary in terms of seriousness... Pete said it was "really tight". Any estimates on how long he will be out? Also, it looks like Carson is negative for a tear? Rolled ankles can be tough. I'm anxious to hear more on how long everyone is out. I'm just hoping nobodies season ended tonight. We have been hit hard by injuries as have many teams this year...

D

DomeHawk

Welshers":2elkj6nr said:
Does anyone here know much about groin strains? I understand that they can greatly vary in terms of seriousness... Pete said it was "really tight". Any estimates on how long he will be out? Also, it looks like Carson is negative for a tear? Rolled ankles can be tough. I'm anxious to hear more on how long everyone is out. I'm just hoping nobodies season ended tonight. We have been hit hard by injuries as have many teams this year...

You said it yourself, it matters how bad it is. I had one before and even a grade-1 can be two to three weeks, grades 2 and 3 can be months with Grade 3 being at least 4 months.

Probably good timing though with two weaker teams coming up in the dolphins and vikings.

I am guessing it's a grade-1.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope he sits a couple games out. With his style and speed, no need to risk it. They need him for the 2nd half of the season. If he misses 3 games and comes back healthy, so be it.

Boohman14

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ukpfm3r1 said:
Yeah, I hope he sits a couple games out. With his style and speed, no need to risk it. They need him for the 2nd half of the season. If he misses 3 games and comes back healthy, so be it.

Groin injuries are the worst. it slightly impairs your straight line speed but any change of direction is excruciating. In my experience they are slow to heal and nagging for sure. I played tight end so it wasn't as impactful as playing safety. 3 games is optimistic. This will hang around in some capacity all season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well a Groin wrap means man scapeing, have to keep it loose and then tape it up with a compression wrap, degree is important and he may be able to get back but he won't cut well for a while.

Own The West

Reaction score
The fact that he was up and active on the sideline bodes well that it wasn't too serious. Hopefully he'll be back after the bye.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sign Reid, we seem to need more depth with Blair out anyway. kills to birds with one stone. Gives us the option of big nickel again also.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":3mpxg59w said:
Sign Reid, we seem to need more depth with Blair out anyway. kills to birds with one stone. Gives us the option of big nickel again also.

Reid is not someone who wants to play as depth.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Granted i've never played professional NFL football.

I myself, have played organized football and had a groin strain/tear/pull before.

And let me tell you, it hurt like hell!!!!!!!!!

My injury felt as if it did tear--and I can't speak on Adams particular injury but man, it did not feel good!

You feel it immediately and it feels like a tear in the groin pelvic area.

Luckily, I didn't have a bad degree of the strain but for me it happens on quick twitch movement (like other injuries).

I believe proper stretching and warming up of the pelvic area helps to prevent it but at the NFL level, whether or not you properly warm up as in Adams case yesterday, I guess it didn't really matter since Jamal was already "warmed" up.

Needless to say, I myself was out and still feel the pain after about 2-4 weeks.

Hopefully, Adams with professional medical help and treatment, depending on the severity of the injury will not be out for a month.

Take it from me, his expression on his face at the time the injury occurred was exactly like my expression.

You know it immediately and there is not a damn thing you can do about it but rest it (at least for me that's all I did).

We need Jamal, and hopefully he'll be back soon.

No afternoon delight for him.

It sucks.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":13h693la said:
chris98251":13h693la said:

Reid is not someone who wants to play as depth.

Maybe so, but our defense has the Nickel package out there a whole lot, maybe that could be a selling point.

He also knows he is getting up there in age as a Safety and he may get more out of his years left. Just arguments for a sell point.

D

DomeHawk

Adams is 1st degree sprain like most here thought. Like I wrote, this gives him and everyone else who only have minor injuries time to recruit with two weaker teams and a bye coming up.

And yes, I know, it's the NFL and those games are not gimmes but it's still better than post-bye when we come into the strength of the schedule.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1189660/ ... er-week-3/?

blkhwk

Reaction score
I had one when playing college baseball. Lingered for 9 months! Only cure was to not play. As soon as I started feeling good, I'd accelerate and re-aggravate it. Hopefully he sits for the next 2 plus the bye.....

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Pete said MRI results showed all yesterday's injuries were 1st degree. That's about as good as you could hope for.

Groins can indeed be problematic. Trying to go too soon only makes it worse. Stretching is best prevent, but Adams was caused by overstretch during play. They are hard to read regarding severity, or at least used to be. I'd lots rather have a groin issue than a knee issue.

Latest posts