Jamal Adams retiring?

flv2

Reaction score
Would his retirement remove his contract from cap calculations?
No. Whether he leaves the team before the new NFL year or as a Post Jun 1 2024 cut is a marginal decision. Whatever happens the Seahawks still have to account for the same total amount of dead money over 2 seasons. There are just variances in the 2024 cap figure. Don't be shocked if he isn't announced as a cut and he's still on the roster in April. It wouldn't mean they're keeping him at $16.5M.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
No. Whether he leaves the team before the new NFL year or as a Post Jun 1 2024 cut is a marginal decision. Whatever happens the Seahawks still have to account for the same total amount of dead money over 2 seasons. There are just variances in the 2024 cap figure. Don't be shocked if he isn't announced as a cut and he's still on the roster in April. It wouldn't mean they're keeping him at $16.5M.
They could go after a prorated portion of his signing bonus I think. I know they haven't done that in the past, but I could see them doing it to Adams.

keasley45

Reaction score
The vitriol toward this guy is unbelievable. He gave everything he had to the team. There was never a play he took off or pussyfooted - which is excatly WHY hes injured. Because he played without regard for his body. His second year here he was played out of position and forced into a role he was never known for. Thats on Seattle. Not him.

i feel bad for him. to go from arguably the best player in the NFL on the D side of the ball his last year in NY to having his career possibly over 4 years later. It doesnt matter that he cashed a huge paycheck. Its football. the players are all some degree of 'rich'.

Hope things work out for him.

Mizak

Reaction score
CTE probably kicking in that’s why he’s taking advice from experts.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The vitriol toward this guy is unbelievable. He gave everything he had to the team. There was never a play he took off or pussyfooted - which is excatly WHY hes injured. Because he played without regard for his body. His second year here he was played out of position and forced into a role he was never known for. Thats on Seattle. Not him.

i feel bad for him. to go from arguably the best player in the NFL on the D side of the ball his last year in NY to having his career possibly over 4 years later. It doesnt matter that he cashed a huge paycheck. Its football. the players are all some degree of 'rich'.

Agreed, I would rather see a guy play like Adams, than play like Riq played this past year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jamal probably doesn't like the idea of going somewhere where he has to sign a vet minimum deal with a bad team that's willing to put up with his nonsense.

So yeah, he probably will retire.

SeaWolv

Reaction score

I think this is more about him not living up to his potential. Whether his fault or not the Seahawks yet again didn't get their money's worth from a FA contract.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
When we got him I thought the deal was lopsided but was glad we traded for Adams. I thought we had too many Joes and not enough pros. I wish the trade has never been made. Not that PC would have done jack squat with the picks though.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think this is more about him not living up to his potential. Whether his fault or not the Seahawks yet again didn't get their money's worth from a FA contract
sure. But the hate toward the dude is over the top. It's not like he came in and pulled a Carrie Williams, or threw the team under the bus.

Rat

Reaction score
The hate is entirely justified. He was terrible from the second he stepped onto the field. One of the biggest Seahawks misconceptions in recent memory is this strange delusion that Jamal Adams was actually good that first season. He wasn't. In fact he was horrific in coverage, regressing badly from his time with the Jets, and wasn't exactly special against the run either. Meanwhile, Mr. "Best In The Nation" spent years collecting enormous paychecks that crippled our salary cap while barely playing, and then later embarrassed the team off the field while continuing to be a liability on it.

I don't wish him bone cancer; I just recognize that he was an all-time trade bust with a mammoth salary and a mouth he couldn't back up on the field. It's hard to respect that, regardless of how much he was screaming in pregame while wearing street clothes. Nobody should be feeling sorry for him while he cries all the way to the bank.