Jameis Winston

BlueOne

Reaction score
Throwdown":36k6u2bg said:
He's probably getting Kobe'd.

Yes I'm serious.

A ridiculous statement with no support. I have no idea whether Jameis is guilty but assuming the alleged victim is a liar simply because the accused is a celebrity is heinous. Among other things, 1. she made her police report prior to this season or even Jameis being named the starting QB as far as I know (accused 11 months ago) 2. She made her report the night of the alleged incident meaning she never had an oppurtunity to ask for hush money which is typically the scenario a blackmailer would be aiming for ie. pay me or I'll go public, 3. Jameis isn't in the nfl yet so it's not like she could be asking for a large civil settlement since he doesn't have the 20 million or whatever one could potentially ask from Kobe. (Unless his family is rich?) 4. What does this girl have to gain from this accusation? Having her name dragged through the mud and being hated on her own college campus? The potential motivations here are completely different than the Kobe situation was.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tallahassee is a shithole town if football is this important to them and they should lose their football team if the reports are true.

"While some are blaming the student who says she was raped and claim she waited until he was a star to bring this up, the family statement says, "The victim immediately reported it law enforcement and cooperated completely with all requests made of her by law enforcement."

When the attorney contacted Tallahassee Police, Detective Scott Angulo told the attorney that Tallahassee was a big football town and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against him [Winston] because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable."

AND the pathetic thing is most news outlets I've heard/read are leaving out the part about her reporting it immediately and some don't mention the ignorant detective. ESPN should be fined for some of the macho bullshit they come up with in their knee-jerk opinionated radio shows.

And Kearly is spot on ("The sad part is, if Winston wasn't famous and affluent enough to lawyer up... if he was just a typical young black man in the same situation with DNA evidence against him... he'd be so screwed.")",
Any victim would be stupid to wait until the player was famous because it becomes even harder when the public opinion is turned against them.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories...ed-alleged-victim-about-pursuing-Winston-case

Subzero717

Reaction score
BlueOne":2x8gtdw5 said:
Throwdown":2x8gtdw5 said:

Yes I'm serious.

A ridiculous statement with no support. I have no idea whether Jameis is guilty but assuming the alleged victim is a liar simply because the accused is a celebrity is heinous. Among other things, 1. she made her police report prior to this season or even Jameis being named the starting QB as far as I know (accused 11 months ago) 2. She made her report the night of the alleged incident meaning she never had an oppurtunity to ask for hush money which is typically the scenario a blackmailer would be aiming for ie. pay me or I'll go public, 3. Jameis isn't in the nfl yet so it's not like she could be asking for a large civil settlement since he doesn't have the 20 million or whatever one could potentially ask from Kobe. (Unless his family is rich?) 4. What does this girl have to gain from this accusation? Having her name dragged through the mud and being hated on her own college campus? The potential motivations here are completely different than the Kobe situation was.

That's not what I got out of what he said but, I didn't say it. I think your painting Jameis guilty as badly as you accused TD of calling her a liar.

kearly

Reaction score
BlueOne":2ui1qioo said:
Throwdown":2ui1qioo said:

Yes I'm serious.

FWIW, Winston was not yet a star nationally but he was a major recruit and was probably about as famous as ASJ was before he played his first down at UW.

In Kobe's case, the woman was just plain nuts, and had a history of activity that destroyed her credibility. Not saying this girl is the same, just saying that these things often have nothing to do with money. It has more to do with anger, revenge, or even actual insanity.

Again, maybe she really is the victim, but in these cases it's almost impossible to tell what the truth is. She could just as easily be making this up out of a vendetta as anything else. If she is the victim and there is real proof, I hope she gets justice.