James Carpenter

General Manager

Reaction score
Anyone know how he's doing with his injury and should we expect him healthy and ready to go for training camp.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
JS said he was now the "strongest guy on the team"... biggest concerns are his "flexibility and movement skills". This is not exactly good news.

nfcwizard

Reaction score
He has hired a nutritionist and has been pushing escalades around, seen pics on Instagram.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for Carp to return.

He became an easy, and lazy, whipping boy by Seahawks fans. I don't think he was ever going to be a Tackle long term here, but, he was somewhat thrust into those duties. He didn't play well, but certainly wasn't the nightmare others made him out to be.

At guard, he's perfect. He can be an absolute force, grater, and brick layer. He's size and stength will easily offset any agility he lacks.

themunn

Reaction score
He's going to be yet another injury bust like other high O-Line picks in recent years like Okung and Unger

pehawk

Reaction score
themunn":3l6c8mpz said:
He's going to be yet another injury bust like other high O-Line picks in recent years like Okung and Unger

Dont forget the greatest Badger the Seahawks ever selected, McIntosh (IIRC)!

DohBoy

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2rt7gtjc said:
Maybe he should spend some time with a yoga instructor.

James Carpenter in yoga pants: The last unfulfilled fetish on the internet.

DohBoy

Atradees

Reaction score
Nobody Photoshop that please!

Watched him straight up tackle a lineman when he was looking around a bit lost. Didn't know it was a legal move. There was no flag. Was really effective.

I hope he can overcome injury. Read an article about our program. Maybe.

Rick Mirer benched 400 plus on our team. Didn't help him much. Remember Carp's old coach even scoffed at this pick. I am leaning towards him becoming a NFL player as unlikely.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Carp's ACL injury was most unfortunate, but the team did right by giving him a bit of game time, resting him when he got sore. He has been putting in tons of work to get his body right. The guy is going to be an absolute beast this season. He's my sleeper breakout player pick for sure.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
A good sign that he stayed in Seattle this offseason and seems to be dedicating himself to success.
A bad sign that JS made negative comments regarding his flexibility. Fetish or not (too funny as usual DohBoy) yoga ain't a bad idea.
As for what Saban said, screw him. He failed miserably at the NFL level so I have little faith in his ability to judge NFL level talent. Hoping Carp proves him wrong in that area yet again.

Atradees

Reaction score
My skepticism can sometimes be a killjoy.
Your response was appreciated and well thought out. I am pulling for Carp the beast too.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am looking for a rebound year for him. He was excellent against the run and SOS against the pass last year. The main issues I saw last year were limited mobility with his leg ( I wonder if that is what PC meant by flexibility?) and no endurance. He had trouble last year getting his footwork right as well.

I see the Hawks in the draft looking to pickup a G and / or a RT. I don't think they are sold on depth and quality in the right side. It seemed apparent with the even late in the season flopping with Sweezy and Moffit.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm in the don't count your eggs before they're hatched group on this one. Until he actually performs, I'm thinking we need an olineman in the draft and I'm thankful we have Cables.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think he knows this is a make or break year. Flexibility will come back, and he has plenty of time.

Hoping he kicks ass.

kidhawk

Reaction score
themunn":3d7t5f02 said:

yes, because as we all saw last year, Okung and Unger are just a couple of out of the league scrubs who can't even get a gig in the Arena league :roll:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
kidhawk":31nvlij3 said:
themunn":31nvlij3 said:

yes, because as we all saw last year, Okung and Unger are just a couple of out of the league scrubs who can't even get a gig in the Arena league :roll:

I would venture to say that you completely missed the sarcasm in that post.

Latest posts