Sgt. Largent":247e7hko said:
andyh64000":247e7hko said:
RedAlice":247e7hko said:
theENGLISHseahawk":247e7hko said:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Rabbit in the headlights.

Hardly.

but, you guys are funny.

He is the dumbest football player I have ever seen. He didn't know that the sun rises in the east or that the time in New York is different than the time in Los Angeles. How is he going to run a complicated offense?

What was your first clue, the fact that he didn't know what direction the sun rose and set?

Goff seems like he has the tools, but he's obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Don't think that's going to bode well for playing QB in the NFL.

This not necessarily true, the shining example being Terry Bradshaw :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2m0bmmf3 said:

True, but that was back when defensive lineman were also stupid, weighed 240 lbs, chain smoked and sold used cars in the off season.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been less impressed with a #1 overall after day one of this draft. Going back to the Hawks' inaugural season.

Goff could turn into something. He was a first round talent. But when I watched him my comp was Blaine Gabbert. Actually felt like Gabbert had a stronger grasp of some of the subtler QB nuances. Definitely more athletic.

LA had to do something though. If he were an RG3/Luck kind of prospect he'd have never been available. That team is just primed for the next handful of years. If they didn't strike gold on a QB this year -- they'd run the risk of squandering the primes of a lot of talent defensively.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hba29ixa said:
chris98251":hba29ixa said:

True, but that was back when defensive lineman were also stupid, weighed 240 lbs, chain smoked and sold used cars in the off season.

Well you also had Pat Haden playing for the Rams on the other side of that coin.....................

andyh64000

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3nwmzqt3 said:
Meh, he doesn't even need to play this year.

Whether he does or doesn't, we're likely not going to the playoffs. Sitting a year while we try to develop some semblance of a WR may benefit him more than having him start.

Calling him the dumbest football player someone has ever seen is hyperbole and reminds you of a dramatic 16 year old girl talking about someone she's predisposed to dislike

Yeah...except that I don't know any 16 year olds that don't know the sun rises in the east or that there are these things called time zones.

RedAlice

Reaction score
andyh64000":3rl343f1 said:
Ramfan128":3rl343f1 said:

Whether he does or doesn't, we're likely not going to the playoffs. Sitting a year while we try to develop some semblance of a WR may benefit him more than having him start.

Calling him the dumbest football player someone has ever seen is hyperbole and reminds you of a dramatic 16 year old girl talking about someone she's predisposed to dislike

Yeah...except that I don't know any 16 year olds that don't know the sun rises in the east or that there are these things called time zones.

Love it.

I think this is the funniest off-season in a long time w Rams on Hard Knocks. You all have 3 threads for the topic here, and all are entertaining.

Loves.

:179417: :179417: :179417:

mrt144

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":9auj0lys said:
I don't think I've ever been less impressed with a #1 overall after day one of this draft. Going back to the Hawks' inaugural season.

Goff could turn into something. He was a first round talent. But when I watched him my comp was Blaine Gabbert. Actually felt like Gabbert had a stronger grasp of some of the subtler QB nuances. Definitely more athletic.

LA had to do something though. If he were an RG3/Luck kind of prospect he'd have never been available. That team is just primed for the next handful of years. If they didn't strike gold on a QB this year -- they'd run the risk of squandering the primes of a lot of talent defensively.

Imagine if Dak Prescott is the best QB in this draft for the next 5 years. It'll be RW all over again except nobody put Dak on this accelerated timeline of starting.

RedAlice

Reaction score
mrt144":1uvshy9k said:
Attyla the Hawk":1uvshy9k said:

Imagine if Dak Prescott is the best QB in this draft for the next 5 years. It'll be RW all over again except nobody put Dak on this accelerated timeline of starting.

Imagine if you could have a thought that does not involve a Hawk player.

Fade

Reaction score
Sam Bradford meets Blaine Gabbert.

From a skill set perspective, and the offense he played in at CAL he looks a lot like Sam Bradford did at Oklahoma. Personality wise he reminds me of a young Blaine Gabbert. Not a great combination. He is a project to say the least. He would need a perfect storm of talent & coaching around him to be a top 10 QB. If Fisher is hitched to his wagon for too long he will be a bust. He could develop into a nice Alex Smith type with Gurley carrying the load. That honestly right now is the best case scenario with Fisher at the helm.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Fade":3nd3ycrx said:

From a skill set perspective, and the offense he played in at CAL he looks a lot like Sam Bradford did at Oklahoma. Personality wise he reminds me of a young Blaine Gabbert. Not a great combination. He is a project to say the least. He would need a perfect storm of talent & coaching around him to be a top 10 QB. If Fisher is hitched to his wagon for too long he will be a bust. He could develop into a nice Alex Smith type with Gurley carrying the load. That honestly right now is the best case scenario with Fisher at the helm.

I was so excited when Rams drafted B. We all know how that story ends.

I don't see that in Goff, and I've been looking for it. I'm ready to be twice bitten.

Goff is a little shifty. He's not B. And he's not Gabbert.

Enjoy the fun.

I also do not expect Fisher to be coaching Goff for much longer.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This season is going to be fun.

Am I going to spend the entire time on this board being barnacled by theENGLISIHseahawkfan? He seems up my nose right now.

quite up my nose. can't stand not to be in it.

He hates me and any other team fan as he only has acid humor as a shield.

Fade

Reaction score
RedAlice":3kvcy4e1 said:
Fade":3kvcy4e1 said:

I don't see that in Goff, and I've been looking for it. I'm ready to be twice bitten.

Enjoy the fun.

Bradford was shifty in college, and early in the pros, then the knee injuries happened. That is why I stated at Oklahoma. Goff is greener than Bradford that is where the Blaine Gabbert part comes in. Also with Goffs feet he is somewhere in between Bradford - Gabbert.

In other words if Bradford & Gabbert had a baby it would be Jared Goff. LOL.

It will be interesting to see if Fisher & Snead get extensions here soon. You may be stuck with them for another few years.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Fade":wdqyc1ru said:
RedAlice":wdqyc1ru said:
Fade":wdqyc1ru said:

Enjoy the fun.

Bradford was shifty in college, and early in the pros, then the knee injuries happened. That is why I stated at Oklahoma. Goff is greener than Bradford that is where the Blaine Gabbert part comes in. Also with Goffs feet he is somewhere in between Bradford - Gabbert.

In other words if Bradford & Gabbert had a baby it would be Jared Goff. LOL.

It will be interesting to see if Fisher & Snead get extensions here soon. You may be stuck with them for another few years.

Yes on one. Goff is younger in performance than B was.

I am so scarred and pissed off by what happened w B, that NO single Hawk fan can get it. You are spoiled.

even tho you are spoiled, I support you and often defend you as a fan base.

I don't view Goff same as B. Goff will be fine. Let's leave it at that.

rams already beacha w keenum.

mrt144

Reaction score
RedAlice":3rbcaryq said:
mrt144":3rbcaryq said:
Attyla the Hawk":3rbcaryq said:

*Does not compute. Error 12*

*Explodes in shower of sparks*

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
mrt144":esn5ij01 said:
RedAlice":esn5ij01 said:
mrt144":esn5ij01 said:
Attyla the Hawk":esn5ij01 said:

*Does not compute. Error 12*

*Explodes in shower of sparks*

Exactly. To have a thought about football that does not involve a Hawk player--what's the point?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
andyh64000":2zergia0 said:
Ramfan128":2zergia0 said:

Oh, they're out there, for sure.

I wasn't thrilled that Goff seems...kind of dumb. But I'm not going to judge him too harshly. He's still a kid.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
mrt144":lajspgvi said:
Attyla the Hawk":lajspgvi said:

Well, there's a bit of a difference in offensive talent around Dak. It's probably the best cast to put around a QB in the NFL. He should be successful immediately.