Jared Goff

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/773289960807948288[/tweet]

Who would have anticipated this?

hburn21

Reaction score
Game one for Jared Goff, inactive with the punter acting as the emergency qb, definitely a franchise qb right there

RedAlice

Reaction score
Our punter Hekker is a pretty good QB. smile.

Didn't he score against the Hawks?

knownone

Reaction score
RedAlice":1psa72bk said:

I think so? It's hard to remember regular season games with all the super bowls and playoffs we've been in recently.

That's cool though! our punter is a ninja.

RedAlice

Reaction score
knownone":lfbyzer8 said:
RedAlice":lfbyzer8 said:

I think so? It's hard to remember regular season games with all the super bowls and playoffs we've been in recently.

As a Rams fan, I have never said anything against the Hawks success. In fact, I appreciate what I see as good players, and things your team has done very well.

I also am amused by this constant knock on Goff.

Your punter isn't ninja enough, only the Rams punter has scored a TD against you. Your punter needs to try harder.

Loves.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1l44ddxc said:
C'mon RedAlice, this has to be discouraging to you as a fan of the Rams. Seriously if I were in your shoes I'd be heavily bummed.

Except, that I'm not discouraged at all.

Go check me out on my Rams boards. Many Rams fans agree with you, but I don't.

If Goff needs to sit (which I think he does), let him sit. I think he is going to be a great QB. I lived through B, which was hell.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, can convince me to not be happy like on could 9 right now considering the way my off season has gone with the Rams being home in LA. I've never had an offseason like this.

I am quite happy.

Now, you can ask me again after the games start.

eta: I'm not really happy w Fisher. We will see how that plays out. But I am very happy w having Goff.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This deserves a different post.

My feelings about the LA Rams are completely clouded by the simple fact that: they are home.

Unless you lived through the hell of StL, it's inexplicable. They are home.

I'm really not concerned about a QB sitting a year. I've been allowed to love my team, to meet other fans of my team, to go right up by me and see my team play, to go to camp, to be a VIP at camp and meet players.. To get drunk w Rams fans. To meet them and like them. To make friends, like as in : I am not the ONLY Rams fan I know. There are bunches of us. I tried to find this in StL, and I could not. I have it now.

it is heaven.

Rams as a team, well, we have Fisher. time will tell on that.

I'm perfectly fine w Goff sitting until he's ready. I also believe seeing what I did in the two plays v Denver, that our D is going to destroy teams this year.

Gurley also hasn't played yet. I personally am looking forward to seeing Gurley w B Cunningham behind him, to seeing Donald, Quinn and Brockers destroying O's.

I have no clue how the season will go, but it's actually a better team than I have suffered through for TEN YEARS in the midwest.

Plus, i'm taking a train to see them in person v you. I'm pretty happy.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RedAlice":2h49di3m said:
knownone":2h49di3m said:
RedAlice":2h49di3m said:

As a Rams fan, I have never said anything against the Hawks success. In fact, I appreciate what I see as good players, and things your team has done very well.

Your punter isn't ninja enough, only the Rams punter has scored a TD against you. Your punter needs to try harder.

Loves.
Ahem... our punter threw a TD in an NFC Championship game.

Come at me, Alice!

Ambrose83

Reaction score
How can you not be pissed as a fan? Your coach sucks , he can't develop talent to save his ass and you don't give up what you guys did for a guy not capable of starting... You bet the farm on s project qb.. that's ridiculous.

BFSGhost

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3i6nmhr1 said:
You can't tell me that Rapistberger is anymore smart than Goff?? Not that I am sticking up for Goff but a dumb QB can be succesful in this league....oh and rape women and get away with it too!

Take it to the politics section or Reddit. This isn't the place for political grandstanding. People come here to read about football not RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

Every time Ben Roethlisberger or the Pittsburgh Steelers are mentioned...

RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS A RAPIST

RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

It's been going on for years here. What kind of family did you people grow up in where RAPE is an acceptable topic for polite conversation?

Once again, people come here to read about FOOTBALL, not RAPE, and your stupid political beliefs.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":1bzyszai said:
RedAlice":1bzyszai said:
knownone":1bzyszai said:
RedAlice":1bzyszai said:

Loves.
Ahem... our punter threw a TD in an NFC Championship game.

Come at me, Alice!

Well, Laloosh.

Your Hawks were not playing the Rams in that game.

So, as far as I'm concerned in this, my Punter won a game v Hawks.

IF your Punter wins a game against my Rams, then you come at me.

kinda a game at game thing. We already know Hawks have gone further than Rams lately. Who hasn't gone further than the Rams? Browns? Nothing to brag about v Rams and play offs.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This is also why I love this board.

The thread can turn into anything.

Back to Goff. Everyone is so mad, including Rams fans. Fire Fisher. Stupid trade. Fire Snead. Goff sucks

I say, calm down. Settle down.

I've watched the film, I've watched the pre-season, I've seen him be a total dork. I'm a dork too.

Goff will be a good QB for the Rams. I feel the absolute opposite of 2010 w B.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Ambrose83":dsnnihy1 said:
How can you not be pissed as a fan? Your coach sucks , he can't develop talent to save his ass and you don't give up what you guys did for a guy not capable of starting... You bet the farm on s project qb.. that's ridiculous.

While I'm no huge Fisher fan, I don't believe that he "sucks". I wouldn't be upset if he didn't return after this year, but I'd also understand if we extended him. It's getting to the point where I will mock him every now and then, but we could do worse at the HC position.

We didn't "bet the farm" at all. We gave up some picks this year and really what amounts to our first round pick next year - that's all. And we'll still have at least 7 picks next year depending on how the compensatory picks shake out. As for him not starting - I'm happy. He looked lost in the preseason. But go look up other number 1 overall picks and their preseason stats - they are right in line with Goffs for the most part. The difference is, the teams that previously drafted number 1 overall were bad enough that they didn't care who they put in at QB. We have a lot more talent than the average team picking number 1 overall, and Keenum is capable of leading this team to a winning record if the defense plays like they should - so why start Goff?

So I'm not pissed at all. In fact, in some ways things are completely out of Fisher's control...I fully believe we could or would win the NFC East or AFC South, and be far more competitive in the NFC South and AFC East. We happen to have to be going up against two top 5 teams in our division - no other team except the Niners can say that.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RedAlice":1gpbfzvw said:
Well, Laloosh.

Your Hawks were not playing the Rams in that game.

So, as far as I'm concerned in this, my Punter won a game v Hawks.

IF your Punter wins a game against my Rams, then you come at me.

kinda a game at game thing. We already know Hawks have gone further than Rams lately. Who hasn't gone further than the Rams? Browns? Nothing to brag about v Rams and play offs.

He's still a ninja.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RedAlice":14ixm25g said:
This is also why I love this board.

The thread can turn into anything.

Back to Goff. Everyone is so mad, including Rams fans. Fire Fisher. Stupid trade. Fire Snead. Goff sucks

I say, calm down. Settle down.

I've watched the film, I've watched the pre-season, I've seen him be a total dork. I'm a dork too.

Goff will be a good QB for the Rams. I feel the absolute opposite of 2010 w B.

Agreed. I'm not mad at all. I think it will be better for him to sit and learn.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Goff strikes me as the type of guy who could easily be distracted by Pokemon Go.

Or a new Taylor Swift album.

Let's hope he can keep his mind on the job.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ramfan128":o5cl9hui said:
Ambrose83":o5cl9hui said:

While I'm no huge Fisher fan, I don't believe that he "sucks". I wouldn't be upset if he didn't return after this year, but I'd also understand if we extended him. It's getting to the point where I will mock him every now and then, but we could do worse at the HC position.

We didn't "bet the farm" at all. We gave up some picks this year and really what amounts to our first round pick next year - that's all. And we'll still have at least 7 picks next year depending on how the compensatory picks shake out. As for him not starting - I'm happy. He looked lost in the preseason. But go look up other number 1 overall picks and their preseason stats - they are right in line with Goffs for the most part. The difference is, the teams that previously drafted number 1 overall were bad enough that they didn't care who they put in at QB. We have a lot more talent than the average team picking number 1 overall, and Keenum is capable of leading this team to a winning record if the defense plays like they should - so why start Goff?

So I'm not pissed at all. In fact, in some ways things are completely out of Fisher's control...I fully believe we could or would win the NFC East or AFC South, and be far more competitive in the NFC South and AFC East. We happen to have to be going up against two top 5 teams in our division - no other team except the Niners can say that.

I don't know how you could describe Fisher in any other way.

The guy does less with more EVERY. YEAR. How you guys continue to be so mediocre is mind blowing with all your talent.

Add on top of the fact that he is a raging douche, and your indifference towards him is baffling.

If I was a Rams fan, I would have been out with torches and pitchforks years ago.

chris98251

Reaction score

I find this funny, we spent the first part of our history in the brutal AFC West when San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland and Denver were all considered playoff teams and we competed with them. When it was announced that they were re aligning us back to the NFC West which we were in our first year 49ers and Rams fans were saying that it was great, they needed two more wins a year to help their seating in the playoffs and not have to go to Green Bay.

How times have changed.......................

Latest posts