Jared Goff

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2c1uq49y said:
I wasn't thrilled that Goff seems...kind of dumb. But I'm not going to judge him too harshly. He's still a kid.

Sadly for the Rams... this.

He just seems a bit thick.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":2bkyh7jp said:
IndyHawk":2bkyh7jp said:
Is that the Rabbit From Alice in wonderland? :p

I forgot to say - you made me laugh.

:179417: :179417:
Good I hoped it would.That Marvin of the Rams was a good one but true you were here before any Ram fan I have seen defending your team all by yourself.I wish the other teams fans carried themselves like you :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
0806_SPO_LDN-L-RAMS-PRACTICE-06.EC-XL.jpg

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
IndyHawk":33nx78qo said:
RedAlice":33nx78qo said:
IndyHawk":33nx78qo said:

Good I hoped it would.That Marvin of the Rams was a good one but true you were here before any Ram fan I have seen defending your team all by yourself.I wish the other teams fans carried themselves like you :irishdrinkers:

Yes. Alice and Guido are welcome here anytime.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1zmv0t1b said:
IndyHawk":1zmv0t1b said:
RedAlice":1zmv0t1b said:
IndyHawk":1zmv0t1b said:

Yes. Alice and Guido are welcome here anytime.
Guido is cool but haven't seen him on in here for ages.Marvin is just around the corner.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Goff seems overwhelmed. He ran the "Air Raid" at Cal and it shows. So far, it seems like he can barely call the plays correctly, let alone go through any progressions on a pass play. The simple playbook and easy reads at Cal show in his play so far in the pre-season.

He also better work on getting out the ball quicker and learning to maneuver in the pocket, or he's going to be broken in half.

At the end of the day, a 1st round QB has a 50/50 chance of being a bust. Lynch and Wentz look adequate, and Goff looks bad. Only pre-season and often these QBs are playing against back-ups with a limited playbook, but Lynch and Wentz also play in the same enviornment and they don't look as lost as Goff (Wenz injury notwithstanding).

Rambitious

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1e9vap0z said:
Ramfan128":1e9vap0z said:
I wasn't thrilled that Goff seems...kind of dumb. But I'm not going to judge him too harshly. He's still a kid.

No he's not. :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":1i4k4ebe said:
andyh64000":1i4k4ebe said:
Ramfan128":1i4k4ebe said:
Meh, he doesn't even need to play this year.

Whether he does or doesn't, we're likely not going to the playoffs. Sitting a year while we try to develop some semblance of a WR may benefit him more than having him start.

Calling him the dumbest football player someone has ever seen is hyperbole and reminds you of a dramatic 16 year old girl talking about someone she's predisposed to dislike

Yeah...except that I don't know any 16 year olds that don't know the sun rises in the east or that there are these things called time zones.

Love it.

I think this is the funniest off-season in a long time w Rams on Hard Knocks. You all have 3 threads for the topic here, and all are entertaining.

Loves.

:179417: :179417: :179417:
Well since the 9'ers are going to suck for the foreseeable future...... expect to see more. 8)

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Rambitious":19owde9b said:
theENGLISHseahawk":19owde9b said:
Ramfan128":19owde9b said:

That's me convinced.

Face it... he's the type of QB who'd probably get muddled in the pocket, turn back to his own end zone and sprint in for a 'touchdown'... only to realise he'd conceded a costly safety.

"Did you see me score coach!?"

"You ran the wrong way Jared"

"Pardon me?"

"The wrong way. We lost."

"What's that over there! Wow a balloon!"

ivotuk

Reaction score
I said the other day that he reminds me of a thinner Blaine Gabbert, but considering recent happenings, I think he's more of a poor man's Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy is much more accurate, but I'm making a guess here, Goff may have a stronger arm.

I think the Rams really reached on this kid because he doesn't have the history to back him up. He's a one year wonder that everyone fell in love with. And unfortunately, he's playing for a guy that sacrifices his players. Fisher ran Eddie George in to the ground. Eddie's on the field, puking, asking for a break, and Jeff is still calling his number.

I think it was Fisher's lack of empathy for his players that allowed Vince Young to fold in on himself. Pete probably could have kept Vince going, but once he was done, he was done.

My favorite QB of this draft is still Paxton Lynch. That guys deep balls, when he's on, rival Russell Wilson's.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/771706557386067968[/tweet]
:D

Cyrus12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":10tc4xm9 said:
Rambitious":10tc4xm9 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":10tc4xm9 said:
Ramfan128":10tc4xm9 said:

That's me convinced.

Face it... he's the type of QB who'd probably get muddled in the pocket, turn back to his own end zone and sprint in for a 'touchdown'... only to realise he'd conceded a costly safety.

"Did you see me score coach!?"

"You ran the wrong way Jared"

"Pardon me?"

"The wrong way. We lost."

"What's that over there! Wow a balloon!"

You can't tell me that Rapistberger is anymore smart than Goff?? Not that I am sticking up for Goff but a dumb QB can be succesful in this league....oh and rape women and get away with it too!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Being behind Keenum is one thing, but Sean Mannion?

I loved Goff in college but hated that Jeff Fisher got his hands on this kid. The guy just kills young QB's

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":8u7v22jy said:
I said the other day that he reminds me of a thinner Blaine Gabbert, but considering recent happenings, I think he's more of a poor man's Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy is much more accurate, but I'm making a guess here, Goff may have a stronger arm.

I think the Rams really reached on this kid because he doesn't have the history to back him up. He's a one year wonder that everyone fell in love with. And unfortunately, he's playing for a guy that sacrifices his players. Fisher ran Eddie George in to the ground. Eddie's on the field, puking, asking for a break, and Jeff is still calling his number.

I think it was Fisher's lack of empathy for his players that allowed Vince Young to fold in on himself. Pete probably could have kept Vince going, but once he was done, he was done.

My favorite QB of this draft is still Paxton Lynch. That guys deep balls, when he's on, rival Russell Wilson's.

Lol at one year wonder. Goff was a stud for 3 seasons. It's just he played in a Texas Tech like offense, so adjusting to the pro style will take some time.

It's just I don't know if Jeff Fisher is capable of grooming a young QB. Only young QB Fisher didn't ruin was McNair.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":sgs02qld said:
ivotuk":sgs02qld said:

Lol at one year wonder. Goff was a stud for 3 seasons. It's just he played in a Texas Tech like offense, so adjusting to the pro style will take some time.

It's just I don't know if Jeff Fisher is capable of grooming a young QB. Only young QB Fisher didn't ruin was McNair.

He was forced to play McNair by the owners, he didn't do it by choice and McNair did the rest.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":y0jx7eyp said:
ivotuk":y0jx7eyp said:

I should have been clearer. I meant one year wonder boy, someone who shot to the top of the draft because of stats. Yet his winning percentage is .378. I saw someone compare him to Elway "Elway had a losing career at Stanford" but Goff isn't the physical specimen that Elway was.

My problem with Goff has been the type of offense he plays in, and the fact that any other QB that comes from a spread offense has been dinged for just that. So I never understood why Jared was touted as a can't miss QB. I'm delighted that Jeff Fisher gave up a King's Ransom to draft him #1 overall. Especially since he was the smart ass that trotted out all his Washington Draft Picks against the Redskins.

I don't think Goff will even have the limited success that RGIII has had. Dude is scrawny.

I always liked Dak Prescott, was impressed with what he did in Mississippi State, and was surprised he lasted to the 4th round. And here he will probably out play my favorite rookie QB, Paxton Lynch, who likely won't play this year.

Hell, our UDFA would iikely outperform all 3 top draft picks, well, except for the guy in Philly (Wentz) who is going to play this year. I feel sorry for him with that team.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Goff is a skinnier Blaine Gabbert, and why won't teams learn from history? What's that saying?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":3g3zoxxb said:
Hasselbeck":3g3zoxxb said:
ivotuk":3g3zoxxb said:

I should have been clearer. I meant one year wonder boy, someone who shot to the top of the draft because of stats. Yet his winning percentage is .378. I saw someone compare him to Elway "Elway had a losing career at Stanford" but Goff isn't the physical specimen that Elway was.

My problem with Goff has been the type of offense he plays in, and the fact that any other QB that comes from a spread offense has been dinged for just that. So I never understood why Jared was touted as a can't miss QB. I'm delighted that Jeff Fisher gave up a King's Ransom to draft him #1 overall. Especially since he was the smart ass that trotted out all his Washington Draft Picks against the Redskins.

I don't think Goff will even have the limited success that RGIII has had. Dude is scrawny.

I always liked Dak Prescott, was impressed with what he did in Mississippi State, and was surprised he lasted to the 4th round. And here he will probably out play my favorite rookie QB, Paxton Lynch, who likely won't play this year.

Hell, our UDFA would iikely outperform all 3 top draft picks, well, except for the guy in Philly (Wentz) who is going to play this year. I feel sorry for him with that team.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Goff is a skinnier Blaine Gabbert, and why won't teams learn from history? What's that saying?

Goff went #1 because QB was very weak in this years draft. However, QB and OT will always go very high in a draft, they are premium positions. Just ask the Vikings how much it costs to get even a marginal starter now.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This is kind of Goff and Fisher.

The two are seemingly inseparable. Fisher is the one who seems in the place of responsibility right now.