Jarran Reed investigated for assault

Steve2222

Reaction score
NJlargent":3rbeluid said:
Hopefully he's not guilty for non-football reasons. He is still a bust regardless

Can't tell if that's sarcasm

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ngm80md9 said:
FlyHawksFly":ngm80md9 said:
ctrcat":ngm80md9 said:
Popeyejones":ngm80md9 said:
For the possible victim I hope it's not true or serious.

FWIW there's a mandatory six game suspension if he's charged.

That said, I'm guessing after the way they bungled the Frank Clark draft fallout the team will have to do some of its own repair work also if this ends up being true, as that's going to get evoked every time this story gets mentioned if there's any legs to it. (my guess is the Ray McDonald fiasco from a couple years ago is a big reason why the 9ers cut Tramaine Brock within 24 hours of him getting arrested for DV this off-season).

The DV policy is flavor of the month. See Greg Hardy. Allowed to play in week 1 before the Rice video came out then forced to sit 17 games in 2014. Since his case was thrown out on appeal it's easy to say he would not have sat one game, been a league pariah, and would still be playing if not for the Rice video.

If this happens to be a time the league pretends to care, bad news, if not, (sadly) few care.

We have gone over the Greg Hardy stuff here ad nauseum. Please don't defend the guy.
I don't think defending Greg Hardy was the intention, but rather pointing out that the NFL gauges public perspective and acts accordingly instead of ACTUALLY having some measure of integrity or policy.

That notion isn't really different from any other social aspect though, including fans of any given team.
Some truth there. The NFL didnt care when Dez Bryant smacked around his own mother, but that was BEFORE the Ray Rice incident.

NJlargent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2h8vckmo said:
In what world is Reed a bust???? Already??/ :?

I don't know. Maybe it is a difference in expectations but I had a high hopes for him. I know he only started a handful of games but he had little to no impact. Maybe bust is way too strong a word but so far he is far from 2nd round value in my opinion.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NJlargent":2039shn9 said:
SoulfishHawk":2039shn9 said:

I don't know. Maybe it is a difference in expectations but I had a high hopes for him. I know he only started a handful of games but he had little to no impact. Maybe bust is way too strong a word but so far he is far from 2nd round value in my opinion.
Reed played in 44% of Seattle's defensive snaps, had 3 passes defended, 1.5 sacks, 13 individual tackles and 21 assisted tackles.

Compare Reed's production and snaps to those of Sheldon Rankins who was drafted #12 overall.

Thus far, Seattle drafted the better player 37 draft picks later.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
naholmes":3dusd84s said:
This happened about 14 hours before the draft began. It could explain why the Hawks drafted two DTs in the first three rounds. Hopefully the complaint is baseless but I suspect there may be some validity to it.

Or maybe our interior pass rush was horribly inconsistent and we needed to address it. Lets go with that one.

As for Reed, hopefully this isn't true for a whole host of reasons.. the biggest being domestic violence is terrible.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NJlargent":34ys0w3v said:
SoulfishHawk":34ys0w3v said:

When did Nash get a new screen name?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still am waiting to hear how he's a bust? He has played ONE SEASON. You can't truly assume a guy is a bust that quickly.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ldsb3mh said:
Still am waiting to hear how he's a bust? He has played ONE SEASON. You can't truly assume a guy is a bust that quickly.

Not to mention he didn't even have a bad season.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Steve2222":3l8ahju0 said:
SoulfishHawk":3l8ahju0 said:

Not to mention he didn't even have a bad season.

He had a great season for being a rookie and what his position requires.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fylejomv said:
NJlargent":fylejomv said:
SoulfishHawk":fylejomv said:

When did Nash get a new screen name?

He's taking over for Blitzer!