Jason Hatcher to visit Hawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
12thManNorth":2l8grqsp said:
Anybody know anything about this guy ? Plays on Dallas' defence so that's DEFINITLEY red flag #1 lol

Doubt too many 31 yr olds will sign a prove it deal. Would think he'd be looking for some security. Legs should be fresh as he's only been a starter for 3 years

Wouldn't put too much into how bad the Cowboys defense struggled. Monte Kiffin should not be coaching anymore. The game has passed him by. The Cowboys defense has talent, but poor coaching and injuries really derailed it.

Would be curious to see how many hurries Hatcher has.. sacks don't tell you the whole story.. he could have just been the beneficiary of blitzes, DeMarcus Ware making guys step into the pocket, etc.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1l5ob1oq said:
If they got this guy, it would totally feel like another Bennett/Avril situation situation. Productive D-linemen on no one's radar but coming off a productive season. Maybe a 1-to-2 year deal at that mid-level range gets it done. This will be interesting.

Except Avril/Bennett were younger, so the prove-it deals made slightly more sense. Still, market might be soft for this guy. We'll see.

I don't think he would take a prove-it deal since he's up there in age and just came off his best statistical season of his career. He'll be looking to cash in, but if the market gives him nothing, I guess he doesn't have a choice but to prove it again, and possibly with the Hawks.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
We get this guy, this D-line get's even better than last year. Which is amazing. That said, I think Tate, Clem and Zach are booking a Mayflower truck.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":27119d2z said:
This is intriguing no way he does a 1 year deal though but would an Avril type deal work?
Yep, I think it would fit the bill as long as it was front loaded.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
12thManNorth":iddo3j5x said:
Anybody know anything about this guy ? Plays on Dallas' defence so that's DEFINITLEY red flag #1 lol

Doubt too many 31 yr olds will sign a prove it deal. Would think he'd be looking for some security. Legs should be fresh as he's only been a starter for 3 years

True, the Dallas flag has merit...But you need to look at the body of work. Which means that you need to review the games he was in and the potential work he had to do while there. Just a goofy opinion, I know. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It would be surprising. Hatcher is one of the top free agent DTs this year. At 31 years old, everyone assumes he will want to cash in with a $6 or 7 million a year deal. I think the Bennett signing makes this a real longshot.

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2g273xdm said:
He would be an upgrade in the middle of the D-line.

If he wants to do a prove-it deal, this would be an awesome signing.

My brother, a Cowboys fan, would be real sad considering Ware is gone now too.

bryantology79

Reaction score
i like that hatcher can play 1 (when ratliff was out) and 3 tech. i dont like that he's 31. hell, mebane is 29 and some think he's ancient.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":211kdcju said:
MizzouHawkGal":211kdcju said:
This is intriguing no way he does a 1 year deal though but would an Avril type deal work?
Yep, I think it would fit the bill as long as it was front loaded.
If so then take a shot. He is good you know. Let him comPete if he wants a shot. Why say no if he knows the deal?

drdiags

Reaction score
Hatcher looks to have a number of stops on his road trip

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling 3m
In addition to Seahawks, Jason Hatcher has 5 other visits, per @RapSheet. Superstar last year.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2qrbslfv said:
12thManNorth":2qrbslfv said:

Wouldn't put too much into how bad the Cowboys defense struggled. Monte Kiffin should not be coaching anymore. The game has passed him by. The Cowboys defense has talent, but poor coaching and injuries really derailed it.

Would be curious to see how many hurries Hatcher has.. sacks don't tell you the whole story.. he could have just been the beneficiary of blitzes, DeMarcus Ware making guys step into the pocket, etc.

Ware was hurt a lot of the season so can't say Hatcher was able to benefit from the crappy Dallas defense.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
he said he can play inside and outside and he is a pete and john type player. I can see the hawks cutting clemons and using the money on a 2 yr deal for hatcher.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McDaniel better make up his mind soon b/c Hatcher is a better player.

Latest posts