Jermaine Kearse TD in NFC Championship

Riley12

Reaction score
pmedic920":3qjg1jvq said:
Some may flame me for this but....
I think being there in person for that win, is my personal favorite SEAHAWK moment.

I think that is a great perspective and opinion, even though I disagree.

That game, that intensity, was really and truly for the NFL championship. The game in New Jersey was a coronation - a 59 minute, 48 second domination/celebration. I loved every second of that one - I could breathe easy, relax, chat with Bronco fans and hug and high five everyone around me.

The nerves were at an all time high for me all week long. Losing to the Niners at home in that situation would have sent me into a tailspin that I don't even want to imagine. For the NFCCG, I was nearly petrified and DID NOT enjoy the game. I do enjoy watching it in retrospect, though!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hawks46":2rq8aziy said:
I saw the Sound FX after that, and Wilson was telling Pete that he knew he could get them with the hard count. He said "they're jumping on regular plays all day".

For all the complaining from the digit fan base about "cheating" this is something that I have been noticing since the Merry Massacre in 2012.

It is usually Brooks that does it, I swear that guy lives in the neutral zone, deliberately. Smith does it with some frequency but Brooks is habitual. From the sidelines it is like the officials aren't even looking for it until they hard count them. In the last 3 Niner games at home, I have tallied no less than 9 obvious offsides penalties that weren't called. It doesn't piss me off until the Hawks get called for holding on the player that was offsides.

It reminds me too much of the Haggans offsides non call in SBXL that brought back a completion that could have likely won that game for the Hawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3f03vje4 said:
I should add that I knew that the Hawks were going to hard count on 4th and 7, but I thought that they were going to either get 5 yards closer or go for the first down. They went for the tamale. Awesome.

Niner nation got ill after that play. :)
I absolutely love the bit (that most Niners fans probably haven't heard) from the Super Bowl season Blu-ray where Russell's telling Pete right before that play that it's a perfect time to do the hard count because they're jumping off sides practically every snap, hahaha.

Yeah, that's right 49ers fans. You were setup all the way. I don't want to hear no stinkin' whining about how we got lucky. You were played like a fiddle. Thanks for coming, seeya next year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It was certainly the point at which I was positive that the Hawks would win. The Hawks did not play their best game that day, but you just knew that once they cracked the shell that they would take care of business.

Many like to point out that the Niners were close in that game, but there is a side of me that sees the Niners as lucky that the score wasn't 27-17 when they started that last drive. Not too often that the Hawks make it to 1st and goal from the 5, even against the Niners that they don't score a TD.

It is a testament to the Niners defense, but also that the Hawks were just a little off. If Bennett doesn't get tackled on his return of the strip THAT could have been the play of the game.

There have been a few, it seems like they just get bigger and bigger. The Romo bobble, then the Beast Quake, then the Kearse TD and finally the tip. Crazy times.

hawk45

Reaction score
Guys it was luck, Wilson can't pass from the pocket everybody knows that.

:sarcasm_off:

Heyseed

Reaction score
Our Fox TV station went off the air right at that moment.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":27jihsus said:
Watching the replays, the thing that impressed me was how Kearse had the presence of mind, or perhaps natural instinct, to box out Rodgers with a slightly curved route. He kind of ran away from the ball a little to bump into the corner, and then came back to the ball in the last few steps. Rodgers was step for step with Kearse, but because of this box out maneuver his only hope to break up the pass was to PI, which given the situation he elected not to do as it would have been almost as bad as a TD.
Right about then, Rodgers was prolly wishing for Sherman's body length, ball skills and intuition. That coverage was very good, but closer to Maxwell's coverage than Sherman's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rideaducati":3a97mhal said:
That game was strange for me. The entire game I was calm and just KNEW the Seahawks were going to win. My wife even noticed and pointed it out many times during the game. Watching Kaepernick getting confident in the first half while using all his energy just played into the Seahaws hands. Kaepernick thought it was gonna be his day.

Knowing that the Seahawks are a second half team helped a lot. The game being close going into the fourth quarter gave me even more confidence. Then Kaep chokes the game away...he's so anti-clutch.

Now, when Kearse scored in the Superbowl, I cried like a baby.
Can't say I never had a twinge of uncertainty, because the game was shaping into something reminiscent of our 'so close but yet so far' games in SF. Would sure love to sweep both games for once.

Brett

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1s5gy4ow said:
Raptor22":1s5gy4ow said:
How was your mood when this play occurred; were you worried about the game before this point? Did you think we had the game at that point (or at least momentum)?

I was watching this moment on my recording of the game last night and remembered the day it actually occurred:

I wasn't able to watch the whole game, I was at an evening church service that night. When I arrived at the location (our church rented a large assembly room at a public school in the area for this special service) the score was 17-13 (I had checked my phone right before I went in).
Down the hall one of the late-night workers (I think it was a janitor) had set up a TV in the library) and some of our people were going into that room to check out the game while the guest speaker for the evening was preparing his presentation materials. Some of the people came out to sit down and said we were going for a field goal. However, about a minute later the pastor's wife came into the room (she arrived later in the evening) and happily proclaimed "Touchdown!". Many of us were surprised as we thought a field goal was what was going to happen.

When I got home that night and watched the recording I made of the game, the play was awesome to actually see.

You should have recorded church and watched the game live.

This^^^ x2

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2y7q3ght said:
rideaducati":2y7q3ght said:
That game was strange for me. The entire game I was calm and just KNEW the Seahawks were going to win. My wife even noticed and pointed it out many times during the game. Watching Kaepernick getting confident in the first half while using all his energy just played into the Seahaws hands. Kaepernick thought it was gonna be his day.

Knowing that the Seahawks are a second half team helped a lot. The game being close going into the fourth quarter gave me even more confidence. Then Kaep chokes the game away...he's so anti-clutch.

Now, when Kearse scored in the Superbowl, I cried like a baby.
Can't say I never had a twinge of uncertainty, because the game was shaping into something reminiscent of our 'so close but yet so far' games in SF. Would sure love to sweep both games for once.

Last year, I said I would be pissed if the Seahawks didn't beat the niners twice. I was pissed for six weeks. This year, I'll be pissed if the Seahawks don't SWEEP the niners.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rideaducati":2sfsh80c said:
Last year, I said I would be pissed if the Seahawks didn't beat the niners twice. I was pissed for six weeks. This year, I'll be pissed if the Seahawks don't SWEEP the niners.

The Niners will continue to be a formidable opponent, I have no shame in playing them tight and losing by a FG in SF. However, if anybody can sweep them it is the Hawks. The players are still reaching the pinnacle and I genuinely believe that they learned something about winning when playing that playoff schedule and Super Bowl.

They know. They know that buying in works now. They will want to establish that game in Santa Clara more than we want them to.

evergreen

Reaction score
Heyseed":65utknyh said:
Our Fox TV station went off the air right at that moment.
I was at Sun Mtn. And the same thing happened. I went to ESPN gamecast and it just stayed at 4th &7 for ever. It seemed obvious we would kick fg. Some one got first row.net up just in time to see us go for it on 4th &7 from the 35! No way! Td!
After watching nfccg miked up I found out why it stayed at 4 th & 7 for so long..

If you haven't seen Super Bowl fx you need to. Sherman says to ET first play wins it. It's way better than what I bought.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Truly amazing throw by Wilson. 50-yards in the air on a rope, to the only spot Kearse had a chance to make a play.

He knew he could afford to risk it with the free play.