Jets and Patriots come knocking for Lock?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Lock, Taylor, and Dre Jones for DTs Quinnen Williams and John Franklin Myers.

Then we add Kaepernick… and more…
Think Bigger Boss-

Lock for Quinnen Williams and Sauce Gardner straight up!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Can you imagine Sauce and Riq at the corners with Spoon the nickel!!

I'm game for Kaep if it will score us a bunch of primetime games and favorable whistles (a la Swift).

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The obsession with Lock on this forum is wild. He's not good. I don't particularly want to give away our backup (especially with nothing else on the roster), but he's not the future.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd take a third for him. You've gotta do right by your guys, and letting him go to start somewhere would be the right thing to do. Won't do it for free, though. There's a balance to strike here.

getnasty

Reaction score
No way anyone offers a high enough pick for us to consider trading him.

sutz

Reaction score
The obsession with Lock on this forum is wild. He's not good. I don't particularly want to give away our backup (especially with nothing else on the roster), but he's not the future.
I disagree. I think that Pete & John look at Lock as a potential future starter.

willyrobt

Reaction score
I disagree. I think that Pete & John look at Lock as a potential future starter.
I agree, when he was in Denver he really didn't have a chance to learn before he was put on the spot. Here he is learning from Gino and looks like he is getting better. I wouldn't get rid of him yet.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The concept that you can pick up a QB midseason and have him function decently is patently false. Lock looks decent in our offence because he knows the scheme, the playbook, the verbiage and the players. That takes time to learn.

There is a reason teams tend to stick to their own on the PS. Familiarity with the language and playbook is huge.

So no, Lock isn't going anywhere midseason.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m not willing to bet the house on it but, I’m assuming we are drafting a QB within the first three rounds next year.

If true, I’d consider a 3rd for Lock and finding a journeyman backup for this season.

I agree with others…Lock is a serviceable backup. He doesn’t really impress me all that much. With that said, this forum definitely rates him higher than the rest of the league does.

I’m not knocking the guy….I liked what he did when he sub’d in for Geno. He was composed. Not as accurate as one would hope but, composed. He did what he was supposed to.

But a team would have to be pretty damn desperate (crazy) to cough up anything better than a 3rd a few games into the season for Lock.

chris98251

Reaction score
Broncos will Trade Wilson to the Seahawks and 4 draft picks in rounds 4, 5, 6, 7, if we need a back up and receive nothing in return. :)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
So, Lock is over-valued on this forum and the rest of the league doesn't value him highly either? Big deal. Geno wasn't very highly valued either. Right now, there are plenty of teams that would LOVE to have Geno. For the Seahawks, there is no better backup QB than Drew Lock at this point in time.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lock, Taylor, and Dre Jones for DTs Quinnen Williams and John Franklin Myers.

Then we add Kaepernick… and more…

Realistically, before Geno’s injury, I did have a trade scenario mocked for the deadline thread that I never posted where I sent Lock and Taylor for John Franklin Myers.

But I probably wouldn’t do it now.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
yea...thinking we could get more than a 4th for lock is a pipe dream at this point. For what we pay him and for his capabilities, I'd prefer he stay on the roster as is. He is a more than capable backup and could be a future starter for us. Probably not on the latter, but possible.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Without Lock, we don't have a legit backup so this is probably a bad idea. But what would it take if these two teams called Schneider?
Give them Geno for their 1st this year and a second next, plus their current starter. It would destroy the team, but face it we can't beat the Rams, Niners, Eagles, but maybe the Boys.