JG will be a red zone machine

Fade

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vylmp0b said:
Fade":3vylmp0b said:

Triple covered still scores.

3ru191

Seriously, I just have to wonder:

How the hell do you stop that ?? He's too big to go around, he's too tall to try to match up with vertically...

now add Russell Wilson rolling out, or a mix of Beast Mode in there, and I have to think that if we're not the top ranked red zone offense next year, we are definitely doing something wrong.

Son of a B.......can the season just start already ? Hell, I'll take preseason.

This season will be the litmus test for Darrell Bevell. I'm convinced he is a terrible redzone playcaller, but he had legit excuses last season.

Now with Beastmode, DangeRuss, and I'm Jimmy. We will see.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If you honestly believe that the boos were out of spite and actual displeasure, you must not follow this team very closely.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'd guess Brock was exaggerating to make a point. While Curtis was attempting to be more accurate with his numbers. As for the defense well I'm sure the booing was good natured antics. As to the poster who asked how other teams might stop Jimmy in the red zone well I hope they don't. I also recall the RO pass play we ran in the opener last season. After that all the talking heads were saying it couldn't be stopped. Come to think of it... It never was ....was it? We just never called the play again.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1zpml2s4 said:
I'd guess Brock was exaggerating to make a point. While Curtis was attempting to be more accurate with his numbers. As for the defense well I'm sure the booing was good natured antics. As to the poster who asked how other teams might stop Jimmy in the red zone well I hope they don't. I also recall the RO pass play we ran in the opener last season. After that all the talking heads were saying it couldn't be stopped. Come to think of it... It never was ....was it? We just never called the play again.

Strange... i think you're right. Or at least it wasn't run very often.

I loved that play. Russ has the speed to get outside of linebackers, and get in untouched.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
This guy is going to blow up in 1 on 1.

Excerpt from Curtis Crabtree-Pro Football Talk article
Graham caught four touchdown passes in 7-on-7 drills and added another in full team drills. Any time Graham got singled up on a defender, Russell Wilson was throwing Graham’s direction and finding success in doing so.

“He’s a superstar, he’s going to be one for a long time, and my goal is to help him continue to grow,” Wilson said. “He looked great today, as you guys saw, and that’s how he looks every day, so it’s a spectacular thing.”

Graham said his experience so far with Seattle has exceeded his expectations. Seattle hopes he can create the matchup problems for opposing defenses they thought they were getting in trading for Percy Harvin in 2013.

“His size is tremendous,” offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said. “Obviously with how tall he is already he’s got a great catch radius. He can leap up and catch the ball. He’s flexible enough to – if you throw back-shoulder throws – he can get back there and get those kinds of throws as well. We’re excited to kinda just keep playing with it and see what we have.”"

Anthony!

Reaction score
Fade":2kf5uq50 said:
Hawks46":2kf5uq50 said:
Fade":2kf5uq50 said:

Triple covered still scores.

3ru191

Seriously, I just have to wonder:

How the hell do you stop that ?? He's too big to go around, he's too tall to try to match up with vertically...

now add Russell Wilson rolling out, or a mix of Beast Mode in there, and I have to think that if we're not the top ranked red zone offense next year, we are definitely doing something wrong.

Son of a B.......can the season just start already ? Hell, I'll take preseason.

This season will be the litmus test for Darrell Bevell. I'm convinced he is a terrible redzone playcaller, but he had legit excuses last season.

Good point!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My gawd people, can we stop micro analyzing every tweet that comes out???
Opinions are wonderful things and folks are not always going to agree with each other, but arguing over Tweets?
Really?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
If you take a look at Seahawks.com you'll notice that the boos were playful. Something anyone with a logical mind would've already concluded himself.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
McGruff":15e54gvm said:
What are the chances we can get around to discussing the implied content of the OP rather than keep rehashing the same tired personal hatred of specific posters.

The lack of meaningful discussion around here is becoming tiresome.

And yes, I appreciate the irony of my contribution.

I don't doubt that a player like Graham is dominating padless, helmetless practices where no physical contact is allowed. He should. I'd be shocked if he didn't. That being said, two things are encouraging . . . Bevell isn't afraid to feature him and Russell isn't afraid of throwing it his way. Both bode well for 2015.

Here is my take.

1. "At least 5 TDs (KJR weenie)" vs "at least 10 TDs (Brock)": Brock's statement was preceded by him saying "cannot be covered without pads." My guess is that Brock meant he was open at least that many times. The KJR Weenie was talking about how many actual TD catches he made (one possible take). It doesn't make sense that they were so far apart otherwise, unless Brock's having a concussion relapse :?

2. There is no debating the booing vs cheering if people actually did their homework. The defense started out with good-natured booing which changed to cheering and chest bumps as Graham continued to make plays. If you read the whole story, you would already know this. That's where the Twitter-only geniuses drive me nuts drawing conclusions from incomplete, or out-of-context, 150- character-max tweets.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Fade":36driaa2 said:

I am one of the few around here who believe that Bevell gets a bad rap...I figure this season will prove whether I am wrong.

original poster

Reaction score
BadgerVid":3u0fwr3j said:
Fade":3u0fwr3j said:

I am one of the few around here who believe that Bevell gets a bad rap...I figure this season will prove whether I am wrong.

I'm right there with you.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I expect he will also be a "3rd down machine," in addition to our go-to receiving weapon on the outside.

"No. 1, with maybe multiple tight end sets, that's gonna just open it up," Graham told the Seattle Times. "These last couple of years for me, playing against guys who aren't concerned about the run at all. They know I will try to do a double move and run this go route. It makes it more difficult. So this will just make my job easier when it comes to the passing game."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/seahawk ... g-easy-tds

Using more multiple TE sets would be a stroke of genius. It means that Graham is not lining up as our primary in-line blocker. It also gives Wilson more taller receiving options downfield with a larger catching radius. The downside is fewer speedier options downfield, but given that Wilson's elusiveness allows him to average 3.18 seconds per pass attempt (best in the league), Graham, L. Willson, and/or Helfet should have no problem getting open passed the first down marker.

rideaducati

Reaction score
BadgerVid":1ompwupl said:
Fade":1ompwupl said:

Bevell has earned that bad rap.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The "triple covered" bit makes me laugh. If anything, that's going to be bracket coverage with the FS arriving pretty late. There really is no such thing as triple coverage. Even in "double coverage" the closest thing you're going to get to that is bracket coverage. You don't literally have two guys manned up on him.

Fade

Reaction score
vin.couve12":35euq824 said:
The "triple covered" bit makes me laugh. If anything, that's going to be bracket coverage with the FS arriving pretty late. There really is no such thing as triple coverage. Even in "double coverage" the closest thing you're going to get to that is bracket coverage. You don't literally have two guys manned up on him.

You are technically correct, it was bracket coverage with the Safety coming late. It is just more entertaining and fun to post triple covered followed by South Park Meme. /GET HYPE!!! in a Hype Thread. See Title. And Responses.

Fade

Reaction score
72c46bd225931e849c34ef448e7e0f58.gif

The Hype is real! :D