Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":16wqhvw2 said:
Seahawks fans crack me up sometimes.

The ONLY reason 'hawks fans say Mullens is better is that you've never faced Jimmy and Mullens was the guy who beat you last year. That's it.

I mean seriously, when we base any judgement whatsoever on stats coming out of practice with zero contextual information and those stats make national news we've jumped the shark of football fandom.

Garoppolo has had a great camp up until that stretch and he finished that session with a TD. Who cares? Its practice. We won't know anything until live bullets are firing.

Richard Sherman has looked like his old self. Bosa and Ford have looked awesome. Who cares? If I told you that Bosa had three sacks in an 11 on 11 period (which has happened), the first response would be "yeah, but its just practice".

I like Mullens BTW, but this is Jimmy Gs team.
mułen aint gq, no doubt about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
If Wilson did that at practice ; would we be worried ? Nope . I would be excited for the defense though. Nothing counts > it's preseason practice .

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jimmys Goin' to the Hall of Fame!!!!

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch 4m
Jimmy Garoppolo update: 7 of 7 in team drills vs. Broncos. #49ers

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":1tlrdlub said:
Jimmys Goin' to the Hall of Fame!!!!

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch 4m
Jimmy Garoppolo update: 7 of 7 in team drills vs. Broncos. #49ers

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Doh, he threw a pic 6. He's a Bum again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The fact is Jimmy G is on the same page as CJ Prosise or even more so a Matt Flyyn. He hasn't proven anything yet and has only been in a handful of games some of which were meaningless. Guess we will see...I know the nfl wants him to be the next great white hope but who knows!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cyrus12":f2swe34e said:
The fact is Jimmy G is on the same page as CJ Prosise or even more so a Matt Flyyn. He hasn't proven anything yet and has only been in a handful of games some of which were meaningless. Guess we will see...I know the nfl wants him to be the next great white hope but who knows!

I've seen many, many Seattle fans make the Matt Flynn comparison, but I think that's a faulty comparison.

Flynn played well as a backup and was paid before he'd ever played for Seattle. Jimmy G played the final 5 games of 2017 and won them all. They were the first team in NFL history to go 1-10 and finish with more than 3 wins (they had 6).

This doesn't make him a great QB and it doesn't mean he'll be a star, but Flynn never did that in Seattle. It also explains why 'hawk fans keep looking at another guy to overtake him the way Wilson did with Flynn. LOL.

At this point, I'd think Matt Hasselbeck is a closer Seattle example to the path Jimmy is taking. We'll see where it goes.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":151wcrqr said:

The ONLY reason 'hawks fans say Mullens is better is that you've never faced Jimmy and Mullens was the guy who beat you last year. That's it.

Seahawk fans probably thought Alex Smith was better than Kaepernick as well based on W/L track record.

By the same logic the Rams would feel Wilson is a very average QB.

BTW, the Seahawks have already faced Jimmy. All 20 seconds worth, and it probably was the best 20 seconds a QB has ever had with a new team.

Jville

Reaction score
NINEster":2kniah6f said:
Marvin49":2kniah6f said:

Seahawk fans probably thought Alex Smith was better than Kaepernick as well based on W/L track record.

It would be like Rams fans during Jeff Fisher's days thinking Wilson was worst QB in the division, and perhaps bottom half of the league. In less than 7 days they get shut out by a Blaine Gabbert led Niner team then beat Wilson's team 9-3.

BTW Marv, even we forget that the Seahawks faced Jimmy already.....and allowed that quick drive at the end which never happens to Pete Carroll teams that compete for 60 minutes....

Then they wonder why the anti Wilson troll exists. They do the same.

What's often lost is that there is a diversity of opinion and a diversity of conduct in most communities.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jville":3b3agx8x said:
NINEster":3b3agx8x said:
Marvin49":3b3agx8x said:

It would be like Rams fans during Jeff Fisher's days thinking Wilson was worst QB in the division, and perhaps bottom half of the league. In less than 7 days they get shut out by a Blaine Gabbert led Niner team then beat Wilson's team 9-3.

BTW Marv, even we forget that the Seahawks faced Jimmy already.....and allowed that quick drive at the end which never happens to Pete Carroll teams that compete for 60 minutes....

What's often lost is that there is a diversity of opinion and a diversity of conduct in most communities.

Not in this community, however. Popeye kind of nailed it.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":jracahpw said:
Marvin49":jracahpw said:

I have never said Garoppolo didn't have talent. My chief issue is that I don't believe in his durability. As for you being a Wilson troll, which you are, Wilson has started 112 straight games. Garoppolo has started 10 over the last 3 seasons. There is no comparison in how they're looked at, but you chuckleheads at the webzone seem to think GQ is already a HoFer. Also, while Kaepernick was more physically talented than Alex Smith, only an idiot would try to claim his career was better than Smith's.

You're not an unbiased observer, stop trying to pass yourself off as one. You'll always be a troll with a terrible memory.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pehawk":3rrak6ui said:
Jville":3rrak6ui said:
NINEster":3rrak6ui said:
Marvin49":3rrak6ui said:

Jesus, Popeye didn't even post in this thread. At least pretend to pay attention when you troll.

pehawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2y7xffey said:
pehawk":2y7xffey said:
Jville":2y7xffey said:
NINEster":2y7xffey said:

Jesus, Popeye didn't even post in this thread. At least pretend to pay attention when you troll.

Scroll up, sweetie.

pehawk

Reaction score
Actually, fair Maulbert. Popeye did post in this thread but he wasn't the one who accurately captured the community's insecurity.

I got my 49er fans mixed up. But in my defense, I'm a very busy boy who cant be bothered to identify xxxx fans by their preferred internet pronouns.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pehawk":iyg16vhk said:
Actually, fair Maulbert. I got my 49er fans mixed up. But in my defense I'm a very busy man who cant be bothered to identify cuck fans by their preferred internet pronouns.

Wait, I admit he did post in this thread, I missed that, though it wasn't what you were referring to. As for NINEster, both Marv and Popeye offer more in the way of real analysis than him. He just likes to come around and take a shit on Wilson every couple months, gets metaphorically pants, then goes off to sulk until he feels brave enough to come back.

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeye is a top 5 poster. Great screen name too.

Marvin is 'meh'.

Marvin, remember when I used to explain to you York would blow it up once the stadium was built? You laughed and laughed. Then, well, it happened.

Haha @Marvin

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":37smldci said:
pehawk":37smldci said:
Actually, fair Maulbert. I got my 49er fans mixed up. But in my defense I'm a very busy man who cant be bothered to identify cuck fans by their preferred internet pronouns.

Wait, I admit he did post in this thread, I missed that, though it wasn't what you were referring to. As for NINEster, both Marv and Popeye offer more in the way of real analysis than him. He just likes to come around and take a shit on Wilson every couple months, gets metaphorically pants, then goes off to sulk until he feels brave enough to come back.

I have described his strengths and weaknesses far more than other fans who feel the need to over praise him and be scared to criticize him here for fear of not being considered objective or biased.

I'm wiling to bet Sherman would agree with me more than you'd think. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":c2shqbie said:
Maulbert":c2shqbie said:
pehawk":c2shqbie said:

I have described his strengths and weaknesses far more than other fans who feel the need to over praise him and be scared to criticize him here for fear of not being considered objective or biased.

I'm wiling to bet Sherman would agree with me more than you'd think. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

I posted this, in response to you posting Sherman's criticism of Wilson, 8 months ago. It still stands:

Maulbert":c2shqbie said:
NINEster":c2shqbie said:
The beef starts with Pete Carroll and escalates with Russell Wilson.

Some would agree with me:

Asked about his years of witnessing Wilson’s playmaking ability, Sherman said, “Yeah, I’ve also seen him throw five picks in a game, so you see what he’s capable of on both sides of it. You understand that he can be defended, so you go out there and give it your best shot.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... ddd1cb4e24

:sarcasm_on: Yeah, 'cause that's not fueled by sour grapes. :sarcasm_off:

Look, I love Sherm. Probably more than a lot of Hawks fans. His act didn't get old with me, mostly because it was nice having 'that guy' on our side for a change, but that doesn't mean I don't see through it. Sherman is a guy who likes to play with a chip on his shoulder, and any perceived slight he has is used to build it. So he's focused it on Wilson. It's all Russell's fault. That's his drive. In reality, it's a house of cards that will blow down with a stiff breeze, but Sherman will rebuild it everytime it falls over.

Again, I love the guy, and would gladly welcome him back, but it's all bullshit and bluster.

I feel no need to add to it. Here's the link: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=123020&p=2236899

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":ny1jud54 said:

Marvin is 'meh'.

Marvin, remember when I used to explain to you York would blow it up once the stadium was built? You laughed and laughed. Then, well, it happened.

Haha @Marvin

1) I don't remember the conversation (believe it or not I don't keep track of conversations with you as you appear to with me), but as such I won't say it didn't happen.

2) I don't think that's really an accurate representation of what happened. York has spent and is speding far more on coaches right now than he would have had he kept Harbaugh. In fact, at one point he was paying 2 coaches to not coach the team and another to coach. This is and never was about $$$.

Anyone who says otherwise simply isn't paying attention.

I don't really know what really happened with Harbaugh. Nobody but the two of them really do. What I don't doubt though is that York WANTS to win and will spend to do so. Anyone who makes that argument to the contrary isn't up on the facts.

The cheapest thing he could have done was keep Tomsula. After that, it was keeping Kelly. Instead he fired them after two years, had to continue to pay their guaranteed contracts, fired Baalke, and hired Shanahan and Lynch.

You can question Yorks decision making, but saying he blew up the team because he got the stadium is simply ludicrous.

And lets be real....he may have let Harbaugh go (although I'm nit convinced that's exactly how it happened), but a BIG, BIG part of the downfall of the Niners had nothing to do with blowing it up. It had to do with a rash of injuries and MASS retirements, most of which were unexpected. York didn't cut Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Chris Borland, or Anthony Davis. All of those guys left the team for various reasons and had nothing to do with York.

Now I'm sure you will have something to say about how I'm spinning something but the reality is that you would say that regardless, so who cares. :D Jed has made some bad decisions, no question, but he isn't close to being their biggest problem and I for one am happy with the present regime.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":21blz3d5 said:
pehawk":21blz3d5 said:

Marvin is 'meh'.

Haha @Marvin

1) I don't remember the conversation (believe it or not I don't keep track of conversations with you as you appear to with me), but as such I won't say it didn't happen.

2) I don't think that's really an accurate representation of what happened. York has spent and is speding far more on coaches right now than he would have had he kept Harbaugh. In fact, at one point he was paying 2 coaches to not coach the team and another to coach. This is and never was about $$$.

Anyone who says otherwise simply isn't paying attention.

I don't really know what really happened with Harbaugh. Nobody but the two of them really do. What I don't doubt though is that York WANTS to win and will spend to do so. Anyone who makes that argument to the contrary isn't up on the facts.

The cheapest thing he could have done was keep Tomsula. After that, it was keeping Kelly. Instead he fired them after two years, had to continue to pay their guaranteed contracts, fired Baalke, and hired Shanahan and Lynch.

You can question Yorks decision making, but saying he blew up the team because he got the stadium is simply ludicrous.

And lets be real....he may have let Harbaugh go (although I'm nit convinced that's exactly how it happened), but a BIG, BIG part of the downfall of the Niners had nothing to do with blowing it up. It had to do with a rash of injuries and MASS retirements, most of which were unexpected. York didn't cut Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Chris Borland, or Anthony Davis. All of those guys left the team for various reasons and had nothing to do with York.

Now I'm sure you will have something to say about how I'm spinning something but the reality is that you would say that regardless, so who cares. :D Jed has made some bad decisions, no question, but he isn't close to being their biggest problem and I for one am happy with the present regime.

I remember you claiming there was no way Harbaugh would take a “lesser job” (see the Michigan gig).

Then there was the Kraepper to Wilson comps and who was better.

You’ll be happy with the current regime until you are not, remember the Baalke praise.

I don’t mean this in a bad way, but you’re a homer. It’s ok to admit that.

Most of us are homers.

Status
Not open for further replies.