Well if the 49ers are sart they will re-sign Jimmy G

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Not that it's much sample size, but when you consider the dropoff against the clownboys, and the way Jimmy G played prior to injury, I think if they're smart they keep him. I hope they don't though.

calinator

Reaction score
Jimmy G is shaky. Purdy is better and Trey Lance arguable. You can count on Jimmy G to cough up a couple of turnover possibilities every game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If they're smart, they'll cut bait with Trey Lance. It's obvious that offense runs itself.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Jimmy G is lower echelon and Trey Lance is high school JV level. They’re decent with a healthy Purdy but they’ll never win a Super Bowl with him.

evergreen

Reaction score
Got to love the mess they're in. If you have three qbs, you have none.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Jimmy G has a career passer rating of 28.0 in the 4th QRT of playoff games. That's the worst of any QB since 1991.

Education is key. Please find some.

Jimmy should be a career back up QB .

Just because he played under the supposed GOAT ( Montana Elway Marino would kill the record books in this soft league) doesn't make Jimmy G special.

The media always says" Jimmy G just wins".

When Brock Purdy won it was " Brock has so much talent around him".

I'm not sure why Jimmy gets so much credit.

It blows my 56 year old mind.

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Cap increase will cover it plus we got a boatload of high end draft capital and cap to begin with.
The cap increase went up by less than over the cap predicted. We actually have a little less cap space than we predicted this season. In addition to that, Seattle has the second fewest signed players to their roster. Our effective cap is only around 30 million right now.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Jimmy G has a career passer rating of 28.0 in the 4th QRT of playoff games. That's the worst of any QB since 1991.

Education is key. Please find some.

Jimmy should be a career back up QB .

Just because he played under the supposed GOAT ( Montana Elway Marino would kill the record books in this soft league) doesn't make Jimmy G special.

The media always says" Jimmy G just wins".

When Brock Purdy won it was " Brock has so much talent around him".

I'm not sure why Jimmy gets so much credit.

It blows my 56 year old mind.
Kyle’s system is quarterback friendly. I actually agree with what you’ve said

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The cap increase went up by less than over the cap predicted. We actually have a little less cap space than we predicted this season. In addition to that, Seattle has the second fewest signed players to their roster. Our effective cap is only around 30 million right now.
It’ll still cover what we need to do to make improvements. And bringing Geno back isn’t going to break the bank. He’s had one good season I doubt other teams are interested long term

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It’ll still cover what we need to do to make improvements. And bringing Geno back isn’t going to break the bank. He’s had one good season I doubt other teams are interested long term
How much do you expect that Geno Smith is going to go for? I'd put money on him getting 30+ million per year. Roughly 14 QB's are averaging over 30 million per year right now. Even guys like Baker Mayfield and Jameis Winston are pulling in 14 and 15 mil per year.

If roughly half the league is making 30 million per year, it's not a stretch to say that Geno is going to get at least that much money. Especially since the guys lower on that scale are on older contracts. Each year the salary cap goes up and the contracts go up proportionately.

Yeah, he only has one year of success, but he clearly demonstrated that he's firmly entrenched as a starting caliber QB. You don't think that some GM/HC trying to save their job isn't going to go after a Geno character?

We're not getting Geno Smith on some sort of cut throat deal. He's going to cost big money. Especially if there is a bidding war in free agency, which there will be if we don't sign him before free agency. If we decide to franchise or transition tag him he's going to cost over 30 million.

You don't think some desperate team isn't going to offer Geno Smith a ton of money? There are a lot of teams right now that he could start for and not miss a beat. He plays in one of the most ubiquitous offensive systems in the NFL right now. There are going to be multiple teams vying for his service, guaranteed.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
How much do you expect that Geno Smith is going to go for? I'd put money on him getting 30+ million per year. Roughly 14 QB's are averaging over 30 million per year right now. Even guys like Baker Mayfield and Jameis Winston are pulling in 14 and 15 mil per year.

If roughly half the league is making 30 million per year, it's not a stretch to say that Geno is going to get at least that much money. Especially since the guys lower on that scale are on older contracts. Each year the salary cap goes up and the contracts go up proportionately.

Yeah, he only has one year of success, but he clearly demonstrated that he's firmly entrenched as a starting caliber QB. You don't think that some GM/HC trying to save their job isn't going to go after a Geno character?

We're not getting Geno Smith on some sort of cut throat deal. He's going to cost big money. Especially if there is a bidding war in free agency, which there will be if we don't sign him before free agency. If we decide to franchise or transition tag him he's going to cost over 30 million.

You don't think some desperate team isn't going to offer Geno Smith a ton of money? There are a lot of teams right now that he could start for and not miss a beat. He plays in one of the most ubiquitous offensive systems in the NFL right now. There are going to be multiple teams vying for his service, guaranteed.
Wow 5 paragraphs on Geno’s value lol
Look he’s worth $23-$28 mil per and
No….I don’t think teams are going to throw a bunch of money at him in free agency. One good season doesn’t merit top dollar when you’ve been a career backup. And we don’t know what John and Pete are going to do this offseason they might draft his replacement for all we know. They don’t exactly show their hand before draft day

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wow 5 paragraphs on Geno’s value lol
Look he’s worth $23-$28 mil per and
No….I don’t think teams are going to throw a bunch of money at him in free agency. One good season doesn’t merit top dollar when you’ve been a career backup. And we don’t know what John and Pete are going to do this offseason they might draft his replacement for all we know. They don’t exactly show their hand before draft day
Your numbers are a fantasy. No way in hell do we get Geno Smith for 23-28, not happening. If it was a few years back, sure, but that isn't the QB market these days.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Your numbers are a fantasy. No way in hell do we get Geno Smith for 23-28, not happening. If it was a few years back, sure, but that isn't the QB market these days.
For a career backup with one single good year? I don’t think so but who knows maybe I’m wrong. What’s the franchise tag for quarterbacks around $30 mil?

BASF

Reaction score
For a career backup with one single good year? I don’t think so but who knows maybe I’m wrong. What’s the franchise tag for quarterbacks around $30 mil?
Mike Florio and Myles Simmons examine the NFL's new salary cap, set at $224.8 million, and franchise tag for QBs, which reportedly will be $32.4 million, as well as what this means for Lamar Jackson.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He may not be worth 30 million, but he will get it. Garoppolo will be in the 35 to 37 range.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah he’ll more than likely get it but hopefully a backloaded signing bonus

94Smith

Reaction score
He may not be worth 30 million, but he will get it. Garoppolo will be in the 35 to 37 range.
No way Garoppolo is worth considerably more than Geno. Their salaries will be comparable.