Jimmy Graham (My Opinion)

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18u1ju65 said:
HawkFan72":18u1ju65 said:
People have been saying this since he was acquired. It's pretty apparent that the Seahawks do not know how to properly use him in the endzone so I am not expecting anything to change. His trade value at this point would not be very high.

How is Jimmy dropping balls and continuing to fail to make plays "not using him properly?"

I'm done ripping Bevell for poor use of Graham. Graham acts like he is bi-polar out there. His head is not in the game and his effort questionable until he makes a big play. Then he is all world amped up and ready to rock....for just a while though then he's back to poor me again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I didn't want to believe it, but he truly does look like he's just going thru the motions out there. Willson plays WAY harder overall imo.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Wilson gets to touch the ball every play. Jim gets to block. But you all forget that 2nd saints game in 2013. Jimmy with his I'm jimmy stuff and the lob shut him down. There are games he's on and some he's not. But by the third quarter I'd be jogging my routes too if I'm the 4 th receiver.

We could even use him like a tight end quick out. Crossing flat. That would potentially hurt our stats of 3 and outs.
Everyone has his place. Jimmy should be 4 th sometime not every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
Own The West":18qdv2ux said:
The guy is, was, and always will be soft. He won't block, doesn't fight for the ball, has never broken a tackle his entire career...

People complain about us not using him correctly, but he's fundamentally incompatible with our supposed football mentality.

Quite frankly, I think we'd be a better team without him. As it is, his potential keeps him on the field where he's a liability in the run game and a bad example of "Seahawk Football" in the locker room.

This just isn't true. There are plenty of gifs out there on Twitter showing plays where Jimmy blocks aggressively and effectively. He's not Gronk, but he's more than acceptable for who he is and has definitely improved.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":1r3n5uk9 said:
Own The West":1r3n5uk9 said:
The guy is, was, and always will be soft. He won't block, doesn't fight for the ball, has never broken a tackle his entire career...

People complain about us not using him correctly, but he's fundamentally incompatible with our supposed football mentality.

Quite frankly, I think we'd be a better team without him. As it is, his potential keeps him on the field where he's a liability in the run game and a bad example of "Seahawk Football" in the locker room.

This just isn't true. There are plenty of gifs out there on Twitter showing plays where Jimmy blocks aggressively and effectively. He's not Gronk, but he's more than acceptable for who he is and has definitely improved.

Graham is soft in the fact that he's easily intimidated and out physical'd, which makes him ineffective and withdrawn for big portions of the game. What did Bruce Irvin call him? "A fake tough guy?"

That's why my solution for Graham is to get him fired up and engaged in the offense right from the first series.

Just throw him a quick slant or short yardage out, even if it's for no yards it gets him engaged and knowing that he's not going to have to wait until the 3rd quarter to be involved in the offense.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I have heard a rumor from a source I trust that said they are trying to trade him before the trade deadline.

ducks41468

Reaction score
It's a Carmelo in New York type of situation. Yes, it's partially on the player for sulking and checking out, but it's also on the staff for creating circumstances that causes the player to check out. Pete needs to do a better job of understanding what players fit our philosophy before signing off on trades. Harvin and Graham never fit our philosophy.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
hgwellz12":15a4pw3s said:
ImTheScientist":15a4pw3s said:
I have heard a rumor from a source I trust that said they are trying to trade him before the trade deadline.

Interesting.

Don't get too excited. Given our past record of midseason trades for disgruntled players, a mid round draft pick is the likely outcome if this rumour is even true. We aren't getting the OT (Duane Brown) you all want.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":s72b5msv said:
hgwellz12":s72b5msv said:
ImTheScientist":s72b5msv said:

Interesting.

Don't get too excited. Given our past record of midseason trades for disgruntled players, a mid round draft pick is the likely outcome if this rumour is even true. We aren't getting the OT (Duane Brown) you all want.

As Herman Munster said in Pet Cemetery....Sometimes dead is better.

In other words, addition by subtraction.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":121k9efg said:

It's too late to get anything of value for Graham mid season, especially now that he's not having a great year.

Pete and John gambled in the off season with Graham being a UFA and decided not to trade him then. Now we're stuck and are going to get nothing for him, or continue this charade next off season by franchising him to keep him.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
In any case, I'm pretty sure he's not in the team next year, you just have lo listen to Pete Carroll when he's asked about him, and I'm not surprised if they're trying to trade him (in fact, I'm pleased). Willson is more valuable to our team right now (and he's "one of us", one thing Jimmy has never been). But I don't trust this FO any more. Tell me what have they done well after the 2012 draft (more than 5 years ago) ...

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Finally (TD - Jimmy Graham) ! Jimmy is getting involved more. He's a red zone guy

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Seymour":d3icfu7j said:
Jimmy Graham = square peg Seahawks = round hole.

It doesn't fit, so pound on it until it hurts or get rid of it.
This!

sutz

Reaction score
Gio":261xgi97 said:
Finally (TD - Jimmy Graham) ! Jimmy is getting involved more. He's a red zone guy
Might be the first time since he got here that he was single covered in the red zone. Thankfully, Russ saw him and jumped all over it. Nice push off by Jimmy, too. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
sutz":2hzxpfwo said:
Gio":2hzxpfwo said:
Might be the first time since he got here that he was single covered in the red zone. Thankfully, Russ saw him and jumped all over it. Nice push off by Jimmy, too. :mrgreen:

i really enjoyed all the drives that time we scored the TD. We took it slowly, good blocks , Russ did what he knows the best and thank god our receivers were catching the ball.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Own The West":rvys0592 said:

Agree.

I've been hearing about 'not using him properly' for a long time, especially in the red zone.

You and Seymore see it for what it is.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
I changed my mind.... Trade him :)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If he gets traded, it'll be his own fault, not Bevell's. Appalling case of the dropsies this year.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":33ymmoil said:
If he gets traded, it'll be his own fault, not Bevell's. Appalling case of the dropsies this year.

definitely i wouldn't blame Bevell for Graham's drops.