Jimmy Graham (My Opinion)

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Finally this guy puts some numbers. I loved the first TD he scored , it was a quick lob pass from Wilson and that's what we have to do with him. He has the height and that speed , which make him redzone monster. If we manage to "run" the ball well (we lack of running, Lacy injured , prosise injury prone and etc..) and create plays in the redzone for this guy , we will score the TDs , if it keeps going and even Wilson doesn't target Graham , i'm pretty sure Graham will get the attention of defense and will free the space for PRich Bald and rest receivers. I like what i see from this offense so far, i've seen development and i hope Brown comes back stronger asap , because he gave some time to Wilson to pass the ball (at leasy from his side).. Feel free to critisize Graham in this thread , that's why i created it. At least that's what i will do after every game. :) :irishdrinkers:

zchurch74

Reaction score
last night showed why and how we need to be using him. any 3rd down and less then 5, we should be just posting him up on plays like last night. he has the size and skills to catch the ball with a smaller back covering him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Gio":l4lq88cu said:
I really like this dude. He had few drops the last 2 games , but its hard to forget what he did last seasons ( 2 TDs against Bills , that game against Steelers). He's a talent and we cant use him properly.

Here we can see the reason.
WyU5 i10SxGgFfPe3gA37A

He could be a monster in the red zone and we just dont know how to use him (actually Bevvell doesn't know). So why dont we trade him and use that 7.9mil (his base salary for 2017) to improve the areas we are weak ( since we dont fire Bevvell ) ?!? What is that managing staff thinking ?

*Luke Willson is a great player, but Jimmy has the talent*

You need context for that. If you divide Graham's numbers in 2015/2016 by the number of passes Wilson attempted, you'll find that Jimmy Graham comprised a very similar percentage of Seattle's production to what he did in New Orleans: around 20%. The difference is that we don't pass as much. MOST teams don't pass as much as Brees.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Finally they are starting to use his size differential and his ability to box out.

Maybe Bevell will realize Graham can be used in same fashion to move the chains. maybe Bevell will wake up and figur out how to use him as a weapon.

My belief is he will be kept by the team and we will all eventually agree it was a smart move.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mo1yzpq said:
Nothing wrong with Jimmy Graham. He has more than made up for the drops recently. Beast.

They definitely seem to be a hiccup more than a trend. Maybe the trade rumors had something to do with it? Idk, but he seems back on track and thank goodness, bc the hawks are going to need him down the stretch.

88 has scored HUGE TDs this year, technically game winners in the Rams, Texans and Cardinals games. Obviously you can't place all those wins squarely on him, but he certainly has helped more than he's hurt, as much as some folks don't want to believe.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe he's just finally recovered from his injury and has confidence in himself again.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
He is on fire !!!!!!! :irishdrinkers:
(I'm still remembering that drop against Falcons , but nvm...)
He has scored a TD in 3 consecutive games. I'm so happy we found a way to use his body/height and actually trust him more. I loved that play in 3rd and 7-8 ( i think) where he extended his body to get the first down and more and led our team to score a TD to make it 21-6. He was really good once again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Graham is Beasting, big time. He has more than made of the drops he had mid-season. That chemistry is FINALLY there between him and Russ.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":n67s8m4g said:
Graham is Beasting, big time. He has more than made of the drops he had mid-season. That chemistry is FINALLY there between him and Russ.

Yup. Would love to keep him for a few more seasons but not sure the $$$ will be there to do it. Him and Wilson finally clicking.

Sure took us a long time to figure out how to use him more effectively. Too long.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1pohq4ym said:
SoulfishHawk":1pohq4ym said:

Yup. Would love to keep him for a few more seasons but not sure the $$$ will be there to do it. Him and Wilson finally clicking.

Sure took us a long time to figure out how to use him more effectively. Too long.

Everyone in the stadium knew where it was going, and they couldn't do anything about it. That is exactly why this team traded for him. I know a lot of people were saying it, but him isolated out wide inside the RZ is such a mismatch.

With the lack of running game, It is by far the hawks most productive play inside the 5, and it is a shame it took so long to do. He was doing that in nola for years. If he is 1v1, I don't care if Russ goes to him every play. That is such a plus match up.

I loved how they have been doing the fade/post up so much that the DB sold out and the slant was so wide open. Seeing that on film is going to give DBs and D coordinators nightmares. Are they gonna throw the fade or the quick slant?

jmahon316

Reaction score
scrummymustard":15mmjsyt said:
semiahmoo":15mmjsyt said:
SoulfishHawk":15mmjsyt said:

Everyone in the stadium knew where it was going, and they couldn't do anything about it. That is exactly why this team traded for him. I know a lot of people were saying it, but him isolated out wide inside the RZ is such a mismatch.

With the lack of running game, It is by far the hawks most productive play inside the 5, and it is a shame it took so long to do. He was doing that in nola for years. If he is 1v1, I don't care if Russ goes to him every play. That is such a plus match up.

I loved how they have been doing the fade/post up so much that the DB sold out and the slant was so wide open. Seeing that on film is going to give DBs and D coordinators nightmares. Are they gonna throw the fade or the quick slant?

They're going to throw a quick slant route on 2nd and goal......... :229031_victory:

Sorry, had to...

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":146jvnpr said:
Just plain ridiculous that it took 2 and a half years to use him correctly.

Many, if not most would call that incompetence.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
jmahon316":1icf3jrk said:
scrummymustard":1icf3jrk said:
semiahmoo":1icf3jrk said:
SoulfishHawk":1icf3jrk said:

They're going to throw a quick slant route on 2nd and goal......... :229031_victory:

Sorry, had to...

LOL. 1v1 isolation? I'm good all day with that play bc of Graham's size.

Heck, even the same play they ran in the super bowl would have been fine w/ Graham. No way Butler is running through him to get that ball.

jmahon316

Reaction score
scrummymustard":3tt6xlr1 said:
jmahon316":3tt6xlr1 said:
scrummymustard":3tt6xlr1 said:
semiahmoo":3tt6xlr1 said:

Sorry, had to...

LOL. 1v1 isolation? I'm good all day with that play bc of Graham's size.

Heck, even the same play they ran in the super bowl would have been fine w/ Graham. No way Butler is running through him to get that ball.

That's what I was referring to in jest :lol:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Graham was on IR for half his first season and was 3rd in the league in receptions his second season. Despite his slow start, I'm still not convinced that he's a disappointment. His drops this year are his biggest ding.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
WcdkUPc0RHe s50enDvg3g

This is insase !!! Wilson-Graham connection is unreal ! This guy has scored in the last 9 games 9 TDs !!!!! He's a top4-5 TE no doubt. Not sure how we gonna manage it , but this guy needs to resign asap. I love Wilson and the way he spreads the ball around. Now with Mike Davis on , running the ball well so far (i pray to stay healthy !) , for sure we gonna get more redzone chances and that means feed Graham. This offense is killing it and WIlson is going for that MVP award !