Jimmy Graham to work out with Russell Wilson this offseason

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
bigskydoc":4qg7xxf9 said:
Anthony!":4qg7xxf9 said:
Dude, a MD is an expert. I supplied links. Where is are yours? Have not seen any. So, let's see. Your biased, non-expert opinion, or a REAL MD?? NO brainer. You [sic]loose.

Giphy

You got me. I'm loose. Cheap and easy too.

You want links? I thought you would never ask!

6Rnrpu4

Edo22ld

Haha gif

You still haven't provided one link where an expert evaluates any of Wilson's injuries and concludes it will be a 6-8 week recovery time. In fact, the only recovery time mentioned in your links for any of his injuries is the 2-4 weeks for a typical grade 2 MCL sprain (and I still haven't seen any reliable grading of his MCL injury).

This takes nothing away from Wilson's toughness. I honestly felt that he should sit against the Rams, and consider sitting against the Niners. However, nothing about his leg injuries suggested, at the time, that he should sit out for 6-8 weeks.

Even elite QB's have down years.

lol great links, to bad they mean nothing and yet mine is from an MD who specifically talk about NFL injuries and specifically talks about the one Wilson had thanks for trying though at least you made me laugh oh and you might want to reread the link posted the MD said ankle injuries takes 6 weeks to 4 months to fuller recover, reading its fundamental Have a nice day

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
erik2690":6vhexcom said:
nash72":6vhexcom said:
MontanaHawk05":6vhexcom said:
His deep bomb accuracy was epic as ever. You've probably forgotten some of the unbelievable throws he made.

I thought his accuracy was horrible last season. Seemed like he missed a lot of receivers down the field in my opinion.

The people I see on Twitter who do yearly deep ball accuracy charts said he was near the top in accuracy again last year. I think 3rd was what I saw. I think Carr was 1st. I don't know if there's a perfectly objective measurement but like I said there's a few sites/people who seem really into charting deep ball specifically for every season.

Edited to add: found one sites rankings

Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 57.8% (4th)

This person gave him a B+ overall on deep ball throws for the season. He tracks both 16+ and 20+ air yard throws. To me 20+ seems more like a true "deep ball".

None of this disproves that he missed receivers or anything like that, but it suggest that relative to his peers he didn't have any sort of bad year on deep balls.

all QBs miss wr that is why none is 100% in complt %. The problem here is the few don't care about facts only their opinion. Point in case, despite the fact saying he was accurate as ever some here still say no. For those it would not matter at he could complete 99.9% of his passes and all that would matter is that .1 that he did not, The thing I think is interesting is despite all his injuries all season, he still completed almost 65% of his passes, and as you pointed out the facts also show he was top 5 in deep ball accuracy. FACTS.

Tical21

Reaction score
Facts? 18th in the league on 3rd down. 15th in the red zone. QB Rating below Luck and Tannehill, just above Cody Kessler. Are those guys elite? But hey, he did pretty good on those 5 long passes he completed or whatever. Nope, no improvement needed at all, he's already the greatest. And, oh, I forgot, he had a sprained ankle and knee for a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tical21":3rhyq239 said:
Facts? 18th in the league on 3rd down. 15th in the red zone. QB Rating below Luck and Tannehill, just above Cody Kessler. Are those guys elite? But hey, he did pretty good on those 5 long passes he completed or whatever. Nope, no improvement needed at all, he's already the greatest. And, oh, I forgot, he had a sprained ankle and knee for a couple weeks.

LOL yeah just a couple of weeks that's why Doug Baldwin made it clear he was hurt all season and you forgot the pectoral injury as well, but hey what are a few facts. None said he was the greatest ever and no one said he does not need improvement all NFL players have things they can get better at even Rodgers and Brady. But to act like he took a step back or needs major improvements in a year when he played the whole season injured is just short sighted and shows a lack of intelligence. FYI it was a lot more than 5 long passes but again dont let the fact get in the way of a good story.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Tical21":apxwac6q said:

All true. Anyone saying RW didn't have a down season isn't being honest or not paying attention. Certainly some of that was injuries/O-Line, etc, but much of it lays at RW's feet as well. There were times he looked plain dumb out there. Other times showed flashes of his former self.

Overall, not a good enough QB performance to make another trip to the SB.

I'll happily repeat and earlier warning. If RW has a second consecutive under-performing season, he might be in some real trouble. He wouldn't be the only NFL QB to see a career go from great to almost gone within a few years.It happens.

He's a smart enough guy to know this and appears to be working very hard to come back much better than he showed up to camp last year which was too big/too slow.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":159a5s6q said:
Hmm I am glad you THINK his legs should have been 85% by week 10, however you don't know that and in fact Doug Baldwin made it clear that Wilson was playing hurt all year, as I already showed from a Doctor that it takes a long time to recover and that was from only 1 of his 3 injuries and it is even longer when you keep playing on it. As to where you thin he should be well who are you? just a fan who really has no clue and has no clue how the injuries impacted him, Also last I checked you don't speak for every one else or even " a lot of us" You speak for your self and that is all. As to the rest of your assessment your opinion I and other would disagree I mean as you have repeatedly done you are forgetting the Pectoral injury and you assume his legs at some point were e85% which again Doug Baldwin made clear was not the fact. But hey I understand why let facts get in the way of a good story.

Here's what's missing from all their theoretical expertise Arguments ...IF RW was NEVER > HIT, or SACKED (unmolested) in games post INJURIES (PLURAL), he would likely have healed up A LOT QUICKER, but EVERYBODY KNOWS that he was under a constant barrage throughout the remainder of his injury riddled Season.
It's like, "that damned sore ain't never going to heal if every day, you keep ripping the damned scab off".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3g58agcw said:
Tical21":3g58agcw said:

All true. Anyone saying RW didn't have a down season isn't being honest or not paying attention. Certainly some of that was injuries/O-Line, etc, but much of it lays at RW's feet as well. There were times he looked plain dumb out there. Other times showed flashes of his former self.

I'll happily repeat and earlier warning. If RW has a second consecutive under-performing season, he might be in some real trouble. He wouldn't be the only NFL QB to see a career go from great to almost gone within a few years.It happens.

He's a smart enough guy to know this and appears to be working very hard to come back much better than he showed up to camp last year which was too big/too slow.
Bull (cough cough) shirt :roll:

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1absbak6 said:
Tical21":1absbak6 said:

Yeah okay, whatever you say even is most of it is wrong. This phrase "much of it lays at RW's feet as well. " shows you really are not aware of how injured he was last year, how bad the oline was, how bad the run game was or you do and don't care and either way it pretty much negates the post.

erik2690

Reaction score
semiahmoo":nq8pp7vv said:

You repeat your talking points very often.

"Some of that was injuries".............NO really, you think?

And this whole RW might be in "real trouble" narrative is incredibly silly. Like that is so banal you could say it about any player. Yeah if players don't play well they might have trouble, but making that specific to Wilson seems silly.

The fact that you didn't post about RW's struggle in the "post Marshawn era" (1.5 seasons, including the end of 2015 where he balled out) is the only thing surprising about this post lol

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
erik2690":1nq43ghr said:
semiahmoo":1nq43ghr said:

You repeat your talking points very often.

"Some of that was injuries".............NO really, you think?

And this whole RW might be in "real trouble" narrative is incredibly silly. Like that is so banal you could say it about any player. Yeah if players don't play well they might have trouble, but making that specific to Wilson seems silly.

The fact that you didn't post about RW's struggle in the "post Marshawn era" (1.5 seasons, including the end of 2015 where he balled out) is the only thing surprising about this post lol

Its because he balled out he does not mention it, when it comes down to it there is only this past injury-riddled year, he under scores, while down playing the injuries, oline, lack of a running game. Do you really think PC is worried about Wilson? other than protecting him no he is not, neither is anyone ls eon the team and Baldwin made that pretty clear. Even Pete Prisco who hates the hawks and Wilson said all the hawks need to do is protect Wilson and he can get them to the SB every year. HMm

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Russell Wilson played heroically through injuries last season behind a young, porous offensive line and with an injury-plagued running game.

I don't know how anyone can question that.

Josea16

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3a43eh6r said:
Anthony!":3a43eh6r said:
Hmm I am glad you THINK his legs should have been 85% by week 10, however you don't know that and in fact Doug Baldwin made it clear that Wilson was playing hurt all year, as I already showed from a Doctor that it takes a long time to recover and that was from only 1 of his 3 injuries and it is even longer when you keep playing on it. As to where you thin he should be well who are you? just a fan who really has no clue and has no clue how the injuries impacted him, Also last I checked you don't speak for every one else or even " a lot of us" You speak for your self and that is all. As to the rest of your assessment your opinion I and other would disagree I mean as you have repeatedly done you are forgetting the Pectoral injury and you assume his legs at some point were e85% which again Doug Baldwin made clear was not the fact. But hey I understand why let facts get in the way of a good story.

Here's what's missing from all their theoretical expertise Arguments ...IF RW was NEVER > HIT, or SACKED (unmolested) in games post INJURIES (PLURAL), he would likely have healed up A LOT QUICKER, but EVERYBODY KNOWS that he was under a constant barrage throughout the remainder of his injury riddled Season.
It's like, "that damned sore ain't never going to heal if every day, you keep ripping the damned scab off".
Stop with the being sensible. We're talking about the same five guys that never say anything unless it's negative. And by negative, I mean negative by .Net standards.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Anthony!":2qj6hz3h said:
lol great links, to bad they mean nothing

Thankfully, The American Board of Anesthesia, The State of Montana, the hospital where I practice, and the insurance companies, that pay me to work on patients with sports injuries, all disagree with that sentiment.

Anthony!":2qj6hz3h said:
oh and you might want to reread the link posted the MD said ankle injuries takes 6 weeks to 4 months to fuller recover, reading its fundamental

Comprehension is even more essential, and, frankly, you're incorrigible.

The author of the article you linked to does not once discuss the type of injury Wilson experienced in his lower leg. Wilson did not have an ankle sprain. He had a high ankle sprain. A high ankle sprain is a disruption of the distal tibiofibar syndesmosis (the ligament that holds the bones of the lower leg together). The ligaments of the ankle proper are not disrupted (as they would be in an ankle sprain), although sometimes both injuries happen simultaneously.

The article you linked to discusses recovery from ankle sprain (an injury that Wilson did not have). It does not discuss the recovery time for high ankle sprain (the injury that Wilson suffered). The median time to return to play after high ankle sprain is 3 weeks. A full 72% will return play in 4 weeks or less. 4% will take 12 weeks or more. When we give a range of time to recovery, there are some outliers that can skew things. It's important to look at the distribution of recovery to give a realistic prognosis of when a player might return to play. It's also important to consider the mechanism of injury, as well as MRI/CT findings.

The article does discuss recovery time for one of Wilson's injuries, the MCL sprain. (3-10 days for Grade 1 injury, and 2-4 weeks for grade 2).

Tical21

Reaction score
Just stop with the injury nonsense. His two worst games of the year didn't come when he was hurt badly, they came in week 11 and 13, and against awful defenses. But we are supposed to give him a pass because he got hurt 9 weeks earlier? Is that what you want us to believe?

A lot of qbs have played just fine with horrendous lines. See Roethlisberger, Rodgers and Manning. At some point you just run out of excuses.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
bigskydoc":f5vm91pg said:
Anthony!":f5vm91pg said:
lol great links, to bad they mean nothing

Thankfully, The American Board of Anesthesia, The State of Montana, the hospital where I practice, and the insurance companies, that pay me to work on patients with sports injuries, all disagree with that sentiment.

Anthony!":f5vm91pg said:
oh and you might want to reread the link posted the MD said ankle injuries takes 6 weeks to 4 months to fuller recover, reading its fundamental

Comprehension is even more essential, and, frankly, you're incorrigible.

The author of the article you linked to does not once discuss the type of injury Wilson experienced in his lower leg. Wilson did not have an ankle sprain. He had a high ankle sprain. A high ankle sprain is a disruption of the distal tibiofibar syndesmosis (the ligament that holds the bones of the lower leg together). The ligaments of the ankle proper are not disrupted (as they would be in an ankle sprain), although sometimes both injuries happen simultaneously.

The article you linked to discusses recovery from ankle sprain (an injury that Wilson did not have). It does not discuss the recovery time for high ankle sprain (the injury that Wilson suffered). The median time to return to play after high ankle sprain is 3 weeks. A full 72% will return play in 4 weeks or less. 4% will take 12 weeks or more. When we give a range of time to recovery, there are some outliers that can skew things. It's important to look at the distribution of recovery to give a realistic prognosis of when a player might return to play. It's also important to consider the mechanism of injury, as well as MRI/CT findings.

The article does discuss recovery time for one of Wilson's injuries, the MCL sprain. (3-10 days for Grade 1 injury, and 2-4 weeks for grade 2).

LOL yeah I really believe you are all or any of that, I will go with someone I can verify is an MD my links, so yeah no 6-8 or more deal with it by the way once again reading is fundamental the article states "Notice 6 weeks to up to 4 months and that is without playing NFL games on it every week" and that was just one of his injuries, the fact you can't understand that playing n an injury makes it take much longer to heal, only places, even more, doubt about you supposedly being a MD. So again the article says Notice 6 weeks to up to 4 months and that is without playing NFL games on it every week so that that enjoy. FYI Doug Baldwin made it very clear Wilson played injured all season so well enough said, Enjoy

erik2690

Reaction score
Tical21":2iosmfxg said:
Just stop with the injury nonsense. His two worst games of the year didn't come when he was hurt badly, they came in week 11 and 13, and against awful defenses. But we are supposed to give him a pass because he got hurt 9 weeks earlier? Is that what you want us to believe?

A lot of qbs have played just fine with horrendous lines. See Roethlisberger, Rodgers and Manning. At some point you just run out of excuses.

So you are making a bad faith argument here. I get the sense at most points it is in some measure just to troll. But I also feel like you use trolling as a shield for expressing genuine things that are fairly silly.

So as far as having bad games deep into the season, yeah I don't see many saying all his games were stellar. At the same time presenting it like injuries couldn't possibly have presented problems at that point is silly and without evidence. I think in general what people are saying is that the body of work that was the 2016 season was fairly dramatically hampered by injuries. Not as you seem to be saying that every negative thing or game was all because of injuries.

As for the o-line comparisons to those 3 QB's what source or stat(s) do you use that has convinced you those lines are compatibly bad to the Seahawks?

Again it's sometimes hard for me to tell how much of any given post of yours is trolling so maybe I'm asking you to explain something that isn't truly what you think.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tical21":2v3s8fd5 said:

Okay so let me get this straight you no for a fact that his injuries at that time we not bad, hmm proof, please? I mean Baldwin just said he played injured all season and they were impressed he could play at all. So let's see a person who works for the team and works right along side Wilson or a supposed fan who has shown he is anti-Wilson. Now as to oline Seattle's was ranked worst in pass blocking, Let's see you named 3 QBs

Let's look at them and look at the last 5 years worth of pass blocking and see who had the worst online
Wilson 32nd
Rodgers 31st
Roths 15th
Manning 17th

So as we can see just looking at their worst ranked oline of the last 5 years none have had worse than 31st but Wilson, That was Rodgers and that was the year he did not have a good year. Of the 4 QBs only Wilson has had an oline ranked 32nd and Wilson had that twice. In fact Wilson best-ranked oline for pass blocking would still be worse than the worse that Manning and Roths had over that time frame. Rodgers only had an oline worse than Wilsons best once. So sorry that comparison would be wrong.

It is not an excuse to state fact.
Fact Wilson was injuries all Season
Fact hs oline was god awful
Fact he had no run game

So in other words the facts don't support you, but they never did

bigskydoc

Reaction score
1295869008837.png

It has become clear that I am playing chess with a pigeon. Your link makes no mention of the type of lower leg injury suffered by Wilson. A high ankle sprain is not an ankle sprain.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tical21":18gskt9o said:
Just stop with the injury nonsense. His two worst games of the year didn't come when he was hurt badly, they came in week 11 and 13, and against awful defenses. But we are supposed to give him a pass because he got hurt 9 weeks earlier?

Nah, we want you to give him a pass because he played more than those two games last year. 16, more, in fact, with two of them coming in the playoffs.

Latest posts