Joe Thomas

Ozzy

Reaction score
They almost have to do something especially if Sowell is out for an extended period. Maybe Obdiambo should get a chance? I'm sure I butchered his name but he can't be any worse. Gilliam/Sowell were terrible last night and you have to do something. I'm tired of the Cable pet projects. Every scout on twitter(I know twitter) shook their head at that signing and they were right.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1rfg2r56 said:
Trading for Thomas would be a short sighted move from our FO. He is 31 years old, which suggest that he has maybe three years left of productivity, until he becomes a pedestrian LT.

I don't follow the browns, and so I don't know too much about this Joe Thomas dude, but one thing I know is that a 'pedestrian LT' would be 1000% better than the poop-show we're putting out there now. When Sowell went down I was advocating replacing him with nobody, because a blank spot where a person should be would be an improvement.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
davidonmi":2y99286u said:
Hasselbeck":2y99286u said:
brimsalabim":2y99286u said:
redeye81":2y99286u said:
The OT is not the problem..
What are you smoking? Both OT's were turnstiles tonight.

His anti Bevell ranting is kind of his schtick
is he wrong?

Yes I think he is. I think the Bevell haters don't put enough stock in how putrid this OL really is. It ruins your entire gameplan.

Is Bevell some incredible OC? Of course not but 31 other coordinators would have their hands full with this OL.

Thomas would be a tremendous addition. Our window for a SB may never be bigger than it is this year. Give up the 2nd and go for it

hawker84

Reaction score
Come Home Joe. I'll take him, Staley, the huge dude that works at the local Safeway down the street. Our tackles are a joke. Make the move JS.....

Threedee

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":kkk5f0hz said:
Is Bevell some incredible OC? Of course not but 31 other coordinators would have their hands full with this OL.

Thomas would be a tremendous addition. Our window for a SB may never be bigger than it is this year. Give up the 2nd and go for it

We can upgrade our Oline and still have a crappy OC. In fact, we can do pretty much anything, with any facet of our offense, and still be left with the common factor of a crappy OC. Frankly, the best achievable option is to upgrade the Oline and retain our crappy OC, because, we just can't have everything we need.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think people understand how difficult it is for an offensive linemen to transition into a new offense midseason. It's not like we can just trade for him and then plug him in the lineup. If we traded for him tomorrow, he probably wouldn't play for a few weeks at least.

I honestly don't think Cable likes the idea of trading for an offensive linemen midseason. If not, I think we would have seen in the past few years when we clearly needed one. It's just too much work.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2av8stwx said:
I don't think people understand how difficult it is for an offensive linemen to transition into a new offense midseason. It's not like we can just trade for him and then plug him in the lineup. If we traded for him tomorrow, he probably wouldn't play for a few weeks at least.

I honestly don't think Cable likes the idea of trading for an offensive linemen midseason. If not, I think we would have seen in the past few years when we clearly needed one. It's just too much work.

It's too much work if you acquire a bum like most of our depth chart is comprised of, Joe Thomas isn't that type of player. He'd instantly start and be a massive upgrade over anything on the roster.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Threedee":3ism72zn said:
Hasselbeck":3ism72zn said:

We can upgrade our Oline and still have a crappy OC. In fact, we can do pretty much anything, with any facet of our offense, and still be left with the common factor of a crappy OC. Frankly, the best achievable option is to upgrade the Oline and retain our crappy OC, because, we just can't have everything we need.

The same crappy OC that had this offense humming the 2nd half of last year?

I get hating Bevell is fun and convenient, but this OL is historically bad. There's not much you can do to scheme around that

HawkGA

Reaction score
kidhawk":2pmwokxt said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Browns/status/790625369699278856[/tweet]

Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean it's true!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1c1dn25h said:
I get hating Bevell is fun and convenient, but this OL is historically bad. There's not much he does to scheme around that

FIFY

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/793546703991214080[/tweet]