John Clayton-Russell Wilson is Worth the Price

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1uvnkb6w said:
jammerhawk":1uvnkb6w said:
Another Captain Obvious remark from JC.

Not obvious to many people here.

Wow, considering the reality facing a great number of NFL teams of weak QB play, his win record since arriving as a rookie, his completion percentage, his ability of keep plays alive behind an atrociously awful OLine, and the reality he has a woefully weak OC you'd think it'd be totally obvious. Perhaps you have expectations that are unrealistic? It is easy to place blame but not much should be on Wilson.

For sure the team has struggled offensively this season but it for sure isn't the fault of Wilson who is under duress almost immediately on every pass play. Check out the statistical strength of the Hawks OLine, it's simply terrible. As well he's been sacked a league high 31 times, I'd bet he's taken more QB hits than any other QB in the league, it's also likely he's faced the most pressures. I get that some of sacks and pressures are on him but he tries to make something out of often poorly designed plays all game and is statistically very strong in the 4th Q. The opening part of this season is anomalous for him.

When Lynch returns to top form if his run blocking improves and if Bevell ever consistently figures out that quick developing routes are possible, and the OLine finally comes together to be sort of adequate, your critique of RW will disappear. I suspect the redzone blues are not on Wilson but upon a very conservative OC and coaching staff with limited new plays that aren't defensible. A few less predictable new ideas in the redzone and a better use of the player talent on the team might really positively change the redzone scoring percentages. That's on the coaches not Wilson.

The Seahawks were fortunate to have drafted him, to me there is no doubt he's been truly exceptional as a young QB despite a significant lack of protection. He's getting smarter as he gains experience, has an accurate strong arm, and is a strong team leader. Maybe he isn't Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rogers yet, but he's close, and will soon be if he doesn't get hurt behind our weak OLine first.

We as fans of the Seahawks are blessed at long last with an elite QB. For sure he's worth the price.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just think about how many teams would be happy to take Wilson off the hands of the Seahawks if he were available as a free agent for what he's presently being paid? The line would be long and he'd be paid a lot more than he gets to be a winner here.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1bkiusoo said:
Meh, I've seen the likes of Foles, Dalton and Newton do it too against the Hawks, except they all scored TDs. Russell needs to start performing in the red zone and see the open WRs to really start earning that contract

:pukeface:

Foles Oline pass blocking ranked 12th
Dalton Oline pass blocking ranked 4th
Newton oline pass blocking ranked 17th

Wilson Oline pass blocking ranked 31st

Most hit, hurried, and sacked QB Wilson and it is not even close

enough said

Rob12

Reaction score
Russell is the man. He's going to have one hell of a second half of the season.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't need Clayton to tell me what I have known for 4 YEARS already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That 17 play game winning drive, that had 3 third down conversions is exactly what we have seen since he has been here. The streak of 4th quarter losses were not just on him, they were also on the D.

byau

Reaction score
It's not obvious to everyone unfortunately ...

In casual conversations with other sports fans down here in So.Cal, they'll see me in my Seahawks shirt and ask me questions about do I think Russell is overpaid? Or comments that the reason we are not doing well this year is we overpaid Russell. A friend of mine (Eagles fan) has even told me his friend who is a Seahawks fan is giving up on Russell and that we should have drafted a new quarterback for this year instead of signing Russell to big money

I mean.... yeeeeeesh.