John Lynch Goes Inside the 49ers' Blueprint to Get Back to t

Washington49er

Reaction score
morgulon1":2t7ftbaz said:
Marvin49":2t7ftbaz said:
LOL.

I like how the Seahawks should have won the second game but there is no talk about the missed field goal or missing Kittle and Sanders in the first meeting. That's convenient memory. Before anyone comments, YES, I remember the RB situation in Seattle for that final game. That ain't my point. This is:

This stuff happens with divisional foes. Seattle, Arizona, and LA will always be tough outs regardless of everyone's respective record.

As for this year?

You don't lose DeForest Buckner and move on without some drop off. I like Kinlaw, but even if he turns out to be everything Buckner was or even if he ends up being better, it won't happen this year.

Here's the rub tho. He doesn't have to be. They won't be the same team this year for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Buckner.

1) QB: It'll be nice getting Jimmy a chance now with a year of experience and no ACL to rehab from.
2) WR: WOW this position group should be different. First off, you now have an experienced Deebo. Second, the only reason the Sanders trade was necessary was injury at the position. Now they get Jalen Hurd (whom Peter King said looked like a ROTY candidate in August and reinforced that looked very good in his only preseason game), Trent Taylor (Jimmys favorite target in 2017) back from injury AND add Aiyuk to the mix.
3) Bosa now is completely recovered from surgery his last collegiate year and has a year under his belt.
4) Given how injured we now know Staley was last year even when he was playing, its hard to imagine Trent Williams being anything but an upgrade, particularly when you compare him to Skule who started half the season at LT.

I could go on. I'm making no guarantees, but there are a TON of reasons to think this team is BETTER next year, not worse, even with a probable step back among the defensive front 4. That's not to say they WILL be better, but no team stays the same.

Perhaps there is a drop off. I see a lot of reasons to be excited this year...should they like, you know...play.

You keep telling yourself that.

It's funny how only SF's injuries are of any note , but with 5 top 10 first round picks on your defensive front , SF was
in danger of losing to an incomplete Seahawks team and needed a obvious grotesque PI in the endzone to be gift wrapped the NFC west and home field.

WE HAVE ARMED ROBBERS !!!

Lol, you should be a comedian.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
"Our team will be better because everyone has another year under their belts."

"Their team will be worse because there's another year of tape to study on them."

So.. if two guys are arguing if a picture is red or blue... and one guy is wearing red tinted glasses that make the picture appear to be red... and the other guy is wearing blue tinted glasses that make the picture appear to be blue, then... what's the point?

Marvin49

Reaction score
morgulon1":76iwqzua said:
Marvin49":76iwqzua said:
LOL.

I like how the Seahawks should have won the second game but there is no talk about the missed field goal or missing Kittle and Sanders in the first meeting. That's convenient memory. Before anyone comments, YES, I remember the RB situation in Seattle for that final game. That ain't my point. This is:

This stuff happens with divisional foes. Seattle, Arizona, and LA will always be tough outs regardless of everyone's respective record.

As for this year?

You don't lose DeForest Buckner and move on without some drop off. I like Kinlaw, but even if he turns out to be everything Buckner was or even if he ends up being better, it won't happen this year.

Here's the rub tho. He doesn't have to be. They won't be the same team this year for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Buckner.

1) QB: It'll be nice getting Jimmy a chance now with a year of experience and no ACL to rehab from.
2) WR: WOW this position group should be different. First off, you now have an experienced Deebo. Second, the only reason the Sanders trade was necessary was injury at the position. Now they get Jalen Hurd (whom Peter King said looked like a ROTY candidate in August and reinforced that looked very good in his only preseason game), Trent Taylor (Jimmys favorite target in 2017) back from injury AND add Aiyuk to the mix.
3) Bosa now is completely recovered from surgery his last collegiate year and has a year under his belt.
4) Given how injured we now know Staley was last year even when he was playing, its hard to imagine Trent Williams being anything but an upgrade, particularly when you compare him to Skule who started half the season at LT.

I could go on. I'm making no guarantees, but there are a TON of reasons to think this team is BETTER next year, not worse, even with a probable step back among the defensive front 4. That's not to say they WILL be better, but no team stays the same.

Perhaps there is a drop off. I see a lot of reasons to be excited this year...should they like, you know...play.

You keep telling yourself that.

It's funny how only SF's injuries are of any note , but with 5 top 10 first round picks on your defensive front , SF was
in danger of losing to an incomplete Seahawks team and needed a obvious grotesque PI in the endzone to be gift wrapped the NFC west and home field.

WE HAVE ARMED ROBBERS !!!

K....

1) They had THREE top 10 picks on the D-Line, one of whom appears to be a complete bust and is not a starter.
2) I'm not the one who started the "would have" or "should have" conversations. I was responding to people saying the Seahawks should have won the final game of the season and take it like the first game was a blowout or something.
3) "Gift-wrapped". Right. Please. If Niners make a field goal in their first meeting, the game doesn't matter. If Cincinnati hits a FG in week one vs Seattle, the game doesn't matter. How many one score games did the Seahawks win last year? This logic only makes sense if you look at every call in a complete vacuum.

My point here isn't to disparage the Seahawks. You are what your record says you are. The point is that fans here seem all to into discounting their losses and ignore their close wins.