John Schneider on 710 RIGHT NOW

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bryan":2xsjskab said:
One thing about Frank Clark no one seems to address is his name. It's the perfect football player's name, a classic. Say it out loud, picture how natural the phrase "Hall Of Famer Frank Clark" reads. Hell, look at ALL our picks - Tye Smith, Terry Poole, Tyler Lockett, Mark Glowinski. These are f'n GREAT football names, and clearly indicate we won the draft. Go Hawks...
Since were into predicting HOF names you could include: The legend Obum. Love to Gwatcham rush but hope he won't become abum. Or KristJan Sokoli another D to O lineman convert? Hope he's not another ChrisTin/Kristian project that gets hyped up by John only to become an afterthought.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with John's decision to reach for Clark then compensate for this decision by packaging picks to move up for Lockett. Why not just draft Lockett at Clark's spot since nobody else was going to touch Clark at that round. There were too many good players for John and Pete to reach for Clark then to give away picks immediately afterward. I hope John was right.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with John's decision to reach for Clark then compensate for this decision by packaging picks to move up for Lockett. Why not just draft Lockett at Clark's spot since nobody else was going to touch Clark at that round. There were too many good players for John and Pete to reach for Clark then to give away picks immediately afterward. I hope John was right.

Schneider in is post draft presser said Clark was the one he was most worried about losing during the wait for their first pick. So why would the Seahawks skip over the guy that he believed was primed to be taken by someone else?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
titan3131":cvusj6kr said:
I trust JS + pc if they say he didnt do it I believe it.

Fieldgulls just had a female written article which is pathetic. Saying they have lost respect for the hawks. Do real research and dont just jump the gun.

I hate people sometimes.
I never go to that site because it's garbage IMO

Bryan

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":291gl4km said:
Bryan":291gl4km said:
One thing about Frank Clark no one seems to address is his name. It's the perfect football player's name, a classic. Say it out loud, picture how natural the phrase "Hall Of Famer Frank Clark" reads. Hell, look at ALL our picks - Tye Smith, Terry Poole, Tyler Lockett, Mark Glowinski. These are f'n GREAT football names, and clearly indicate we won the draft. Go Hawks...
Since were into predicting HOF names you could include: The legend Obum. Love to Gwatcham rush but hope he won't become abum. Or KristJan Sokoli another D to O lineman convert? Hope he's not another ChrisTin/Kristian project that gets hyped up by John only to become an afterthought.

The Legend Obum > The Legion of Boom. I like it. And I spoke too soon, all of our last few picks have awful names, which brought our class from a solid A- to a B. Not bad, but they dropped the ball. If they pick up a player like Heywood Jablomie from Beaver State as a free agent, I would change my grade to a A+++.

Rob12

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":35ecgump said:

You don't know that he was a reach. JS already said he knows for a fact he would have been gone soon after 63.

Tell me some more about these psychic powers you possess.

mikeak

Reaction score
If a different team had picked Clark at 62 then their fans would be saying it was huge reach and they could have gotten him in the next round.

We just happen to know that isn't true as Seattle would take him 63rd.

There is nobody on this forum that knows if a player would have been there later. Clark is clearly not a reach due to talent only because of character

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2lmlyjpg said:
I think she has anger issues like Frank does. Throwing things at Frank and biting him on the nose.

Sounds like there are two people at fault here to me.
Give the man a cookie. It's unfair that men get vilified when in more cases than can be comfortable to admit it takes two to tango.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
kearly":2oqyuiec said:
titan3131":2oqyuiec said:
Fieldgulls just had a female written article which is pathetic. Saying they have lost respect for the hawks. Do real research and dont just jump the gun.

You're talking about this right?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/2/8536 ... the-victim

There's a whiff of sanctimony/moral crusading that I despise in that article, and I don't understand why rape was brought up when it doesn't appear to be relevant here. DV's a sensitive subject, but her source material in defence of the woman/condemnation of Frank's actions are absolutely minuscule compared to the processes PC & JS would have gone through.

Indeed some accounts are disturbing, but we'll never know the truth and articles like this are hollow, imo.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sounds like a real scuzzy dude. Hopefully others will get sacks so I can cheer for them

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":290f5csp said:
Sounds like a real scuzzy dude. Hopefully others will get sacks so I can cheer for them

You cheered for scuzzy dudes last year. So why is this a deal?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Rob12":209sbjny said:
Russ Willstrong":209sbjny said:

You don't know that he was a reach. JS already said he knows for a fact he would have been gone soon after 63.

Tell me some more about these psychic powers you possess.

Exactly. I cannot understand how people are saying this guy was a reach. He was a first round prospect who fell considerably because of the off-field stuff. Without that off-field stuff, a team would have taken him in the first round and all the draftniks would glowingly exclaim how they'd gotten a real gem.

The off-field stuff makes a pick riskier long term, on the fear that behavior will repeat, but the fact of the matter is that not all college players that get in trouble maintain that behavior in the NFL, and a lot of guys who didn't get in trouble (get caught) in college do get in trouble in the NFL.

This guy comes with a little risk, as did many other players in the NFL, but he was an absolute steal because of it.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I like the pick.

Had a girlfriend in pre-med who was a real treat. I believe now that she was probably an unmedicated bipolar.

Anyway, during finals week, she decided she wasn't getting enough attention. Or something. So I'm sitting at my table studying and suddenly she's screaming at me and things escalated and she starts hitting me. Lands a good half dozen shots, then a good one right to the nose. I saw stars, tasted blood in my throat, and the fight or flight instinct kicked in. I pushed her back, hard, and she fell into a garbage can and cut her hand on a can in the garbage. She started ranting and I just left, trying to stop things. By the time I returned, there were threatening messages on my answering machine from a few of her male friends and her father, and the police came shortly thereafter because she had gone to the university hospital and said I stabbed her. It was a very serious situation. Thankfully, she had given me a black eye, a good shiner, and embellished her story when speaking to the cops (she said I stabbed her, but cops are smart enough to realize cuts and stabs make different wounds). Further, the cops saw the can in the garbage, and believed me because I was being honest and was scared. I got lucky with having a cop who pulled this kind of father routine, and warned me to stay away from girls with temper issues. Said if I had bruised hands or any sign of fighting, I'd have gone to jail. It could have ended my medical career.

I think of that situation whenever things like this come up. You can't really judge the situation remotely. Especially with young people. If he has another incident, then you have your common denominator. Same is true for the woman.

And honestly, her biting Clark on the nose is serious. I don't blame him for defending himself. From the photo, he clearly did not throw punches or get carried away. That scratch could have come from anything, but it definitely doesn't corroborate a story that he assaulted her.

DJrmb

Reaction score
HansGruber":zxnv79sg said:
I like the pick.

Had a girlfriend in pre-med who was a real treat. I believe now that she was probably an unmedicated bipolar.

Anyway, during finals week, she decided she wasn't getting enough attention. Or something. So I'm sitting at my table studying and suddenly she's screaming at me and things escalated and she starts hitting me. Lands a good half dozen shots, then a good one right to the nose. I saw stars, tasted blood in my throat, and the fight or flight instinct kicked in. I pushed her back, hard, and she fell into a garbage can and cut her hand on a can in the garbage. She started ranting and I just left, trying to stop things. By the time I returned, there were threatening messages on my answering machine from a few of her male friends and her father, and the police came shortly thereafter because she had gone to the university hospital and said I stabbed her. It was a very serious situation. Thankfully, she had given me a black eye, a good shiner, and embellished her story when speaking to the cops (she said I stabbed her, but cops are smart enough to realize cuts and stabs make different wounds). Further, the cops saw the can in the garbage, and believed me because I was being honest and was scared. I got lucky with having a cop who pulled this kind of father routine, and warned me to stay away from girls with temper issues. Said if I had bruised hands or any sign of fighting, I'd have gone to jail. It could have ended my medical career.

I think of that situation whenever things like this come up. You can't really judge the situation remotely. Especially with young people. If he has another incident, then you have your common denominator. Same is true for the woman.

And honestly, her biting Clark on the nose is serious. I don't blame him for defending himself. From the photo, he clearly did not throw punches or get carried away. That scratch could have come from anything, but it definitely doesn't corroborate a story that he assaulted her.

Wow, thank you for having the courage to share this. Undoubtedly someone will still judge you and believe you're some thug like they've lived some perfect life... I hope the majority of people see it for what it is though and change some of their prejudgemental tendencies and learn that there is Always two sides to any story. it takes courage to tell a story like that in this day where DV is a very touchy subject. Thank you sir.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
To hit a woman deliberately is indeed DV and indeed should never happen, but self defense is another matter. How many on this board, with a woman, dog or rabid bat biting hard on your nose wouldn't do anything possible to get free? To get her teeth off his nose was probably more important to Frank Clark than many here think. So, JS said he didn't hit the girl, maybe by that he meant that Frank did nothing more than defend himself, which IMO makes DV issues an inaccurate description of the events. Self Defense, maybe that's the "investigators" final conclusion to their significant degree of research?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1sqdac53 said:

Hahahahaha. Every team over the years that you have cheered for, has had guys who did the same stuff or worse. If you want to only root for good guys, well you might have to give up sports.

olyfan63

Reaction score
kearly":25ldev2j said:
titan3131":25ldev2j said:

You're talking about this right?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/2/8536 ... the-victim

Yes, that article is yet another fact-free Gender Feminist agenda piece.

I'm including a bullet-point summary of the article below:

* Men are violent and evil.
* Women never lie.
* If there is a physical altercation, it's always the man's fault and it's an axiom that the male is an abuser, an evil batterer.
* The woman's 3 and 5 year old siblings provided statements to other hotel guests that prove the man's guilt.
* By the way, every man is a potential rapist too.
* All women are pure and virtuous and when alleging bad deeds by men, women are above questioning.
* Questioning the woman's story is simply "blaming the victim".
* It's irrelevant the woman admitted initiating the altercation by hitting the man in the face with a remote control.
* It's irrelevant that the woman bit the man's nose hard enough to draw blood.
* As a female fan she feels betrayed by the Seahawks drafting this horrible, evil, woman-beating man.

Latest posts