John Ursua...

McGruff

Reaction score
sutz":2fw5jrcv said:
McGruff":2fw5jrcv said:
chris98251":2fw5jrcv said:
Ursua has all the earmarks of a Steve Largent in the first year, not fast, not big, not physically imposing. Just makes plays and makes defenders look stupid. Now before some asshat jumps in and says how can you compare him to Steve Largent, I am not, he has not done a thing yet that matters, but he has that savvy and non imposing physical description and measurables and succeeds is what I am referencing.

Dumb post. How can you compare him to Steve Largent?

You obviously never watched Steve play.
I watched quite a bit of Steve Largent's career and I kind of agree. You can't compare Ursua to Largent. Ursua is a lot faster than Steve ever was.

:twisted:

Agreed. That's what makes the comp ridiculous.

Ursua is clearly better than Steve.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1vkpx39h said:
xray":1vkpx39h said:
McGruff":1vkpx39h said:
chris98251":1vkpx39h said:
Ursua has all the earmarks of a Steve Largent in the first year, not fast, not big, not physically imposing. Just makes plays and makes defenders look stupid. Now before some asshat jumps in and says how can you compare him to Steve Largent, I am not, he has not done a thing yet that matters, but he has that savvy and non imposing physical description and measurables and succeeds is what I am referencing.

As predicted someone has decided to wear the asshat.
Guessing this was sarcasm or at the very least just poking a little fun at Chris. What say you McGruff?

What? Me?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He reminds me a bit of ADB as far as a guy who comes in a rookie but plays like a vet. I'm not saying he'll have the same career Doug had but I definitely see him making plays week 1.

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1diey2cp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/1166080827945406464[/tweet]
I suspected as much. Kid looks like a real gamer. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
My last post on this topic...if the Hawks let John Ursua get away ; then I have to wonder who is in charge ; and are they lucid ?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I posted thus after the draft. Now might be a good time for a second look. Or you missed it the first time.

[youtube]4YD2UCCtToE[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
Agree with Mamba. Half the teams in the league have a small, slow white guy in camp that has the acumen to rip up bad coverage and look like a preseason star. I’m optimistic but declaring him the next great possession receiver is still too big of a stretch for me to bite into at this point.

GLio14

Reaction score
He was my adopt-a-rookie. The kid was a stud in college, and he's showing up with the big boys. Happy that he's doing so well.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

So glad Ursua mentioned Golden Tate as that is who i thought he resembled most. A humble, thinner version of Tate with probably better hands as rookies. Probably will never be the crafty route runner that Baldwin is but still very quick and elusive after the catch.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
chris98251":6kw2zfjy said:
When we drafted him I let you folks know of all the Seahawks receiver's Urs reminded me of? It was Steve Largent , not ADB, not ty Lockett , not Golden tate, not Darrel Jackson, etc, etc. From his Game I.Q,shifty cuts,get up the field mentality and most of all his body control and soft hands. Having watched Steve Largent do his thing for many years with Zorn and Krieg, both Urs and #80 are both eerily similar in my eyes. [emoji1688]

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

HawaiiD

Reaction score
McGruff":3794tb2t said:
chris98251":3794tb2t said:

I have watched Largent since he came the Seahawks in 76 or so. I watched Urs in his 3 years in Hawaii. Yes, he is no Largent absolutely, however, even from his first year @ UH I was thinking to my self....Man this dude reminds me of Steve Largent, I was hoping he would make it to the NFL with the Seahawks drafting him? Wadda you know [emoji1688]

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":364owsmy said:
Thanks for the link.

So glad Ursua mentioned Golden Tate as that is who i thought he resembled most. A humble, thinner version of Tate with probably better hands as rookies. Probably will never be the crafty route runner that Baldwin is but still very quick and elusive after the catch.
Ursua has better hands than Tate had as a rookie. Tate was a “body catcher” his first couple of years, who learned to catch with his hands about year 3. I’m excited about him. I think he’s going to be the guy you go to on 3rd down and long that breaks other teams backs because he’s wide open and just made a 25 yard catch and run.