John Ursua...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":exxckru7 said:
This should be an important game for Ursua. I am guessing that neither Lockett nor Brown will play and they will confine passes to possession type passes to see who can step into that role. Moore is out with an injury so we won't see him, I expect to see Ursua, Jazz Ferguson, and Jennings getting the majority of targets.

Not going to this game, let the kids and their friends have the tickets so unfortunately won't be able to see much of what the receivers do with the limitations of TV but really hoping these guys show something tonight.

I will be at the game. I will let you know.

sutz

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2y1xfxdv said:
DomeHawk":2y1xfxdv said:
This should be an important game for Ursua. I am guessing that neither Lockett nor Brown will play and they will confine passes to possession type passes to see who can step into that role. Moore is out with an injury so we won't see him, I expect to see Ursua, Jazz Ferguson, and Jennings getting the majority of targets.

Not going to this game, let the kids and their friends have the tickets so unfortunately won't be able to see much of what the receivers do with the limitations of TV but really hoping these guys show something tonight.

Ursua played hardly at all on offense. Was out there for some punt returns.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Was a bit surprised how little Ursua was used as WR last night. He lined up a couple times, but no catches, so his contributions were limited to special teams.

Regardless, with the way he's already been compared to Largent, Baldwin, and others after the prior preseason games, I have him labeled as one of the most important players to keep off the practice squad and on the 53.

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":3es8n2x6 said:
Wenhawk":3es8n2x6 said:
DomeHawk":3es8n2x6 said:

It was strange they did that. I'm thinking he is on the 53 and they are trying not to show their hand on how they plan to best use his skills. Or I'm hoping that is the case I guess.

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":3kuid5d9 said:
sutz":3kuid5d9 said:
Wenhawk":3kuid5d9 said:
DomeHawk":3kuid5d9 said:

It was strange they did that. I'm thinking he is on the 53 and they are trying not to show their hand on how they plan to best use his skills. Or I'm hoping that is the case I guess.
I like to think they've seen enough and he's in. Given that they revealed several teams were talking to his agent about UDFA status and that's why they spent 2020 resources to draft him, I'd say it's a real possibility. We don't know how he did in practice, of course, but there's been a lot of good talk about him, including from Russ. If Russ wants him, you gotta think he has an in.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The fact that he barely played, other than punt returns means he made the 53. If he was on the bubble, they'd still need to see him play.

James in PA

Reaction score
I agree with others. He’s already in. Ursua is a Hawk. If he doesn’t make the 53, all heck is gonna break loose in here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkerD

Reaction score
minormillikin":1pkj1o3q said:
The fact that he barely played, other than punt returns means he made the 53. If he was on the bubble, they'd still need to see him play.
THis ^^^^^

Own The West

Reaction score
I think the only reason he played last night was to determine that he will not be returning punts...

chris98251

Reaction score
Own The West":3q86y6p2 said:
I think the only reason he played last night was to determine that he will not be returning punts...

Well first you need a punt to return, I say he did well not forcing a return when there wasn't one there.

Just because he was running one doesn't mean he failed, decision making is also a important aspect of a returner.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":iun4hq03 said:
sutz":iun4hq03 said:
Wenhawk":iun4hq03 said:
DomeHawk":iun4hq03 said:

That kid better make the team IMO or the HO needs a time out...

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Ruminator":2znnk86h said:
Was a bit surprised how little Ursua was used as WR last night. He lined up a couple times, but no catches, so his contributions were limited to special teams.

Regardless, with the way he's already been compared to Largent, Baldwin, and others after the prior preseason games, I have him labeled as one of the most important players to keep off the practice squad and on the 53.
That's because he made the 53 and they didn't want him dinged ..just line him up...good move

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
xray":2nwddnun said:
Ruminator":2nwddnun said:

That's because he made the 53 and they didn't want him dinged ..just line him up...good move
If he makes it I know he will out preform Metcalf this season...we got the guy IMO

HawkGA

Reaction score
Define outperform? My guess is Metcalf has more TDs, a higher yards per catch average, but Ursua has more receptions (maybe more yards).

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":2cgdjpjb said:
Define outperform? My guess is Metcalf has more TDs, a higher yards per catch average, but Ursua has more receptions (maybe more yards).
I suspect Ursua will get a ton of first downs, too. :snack:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1ftu6q30 said:
I suspect that both will either be awesome, or not.

Way to go out on a limb, take a chance, really expose yourself, McGruff.

Matthew 5:37 :)