Johnny Manziel is a punk

Is Johnny Manziel a punk who is destined for Ryan Leaf status in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

Subzero717

Reaction score
rottweiler":3qtadmf5 said:
CALIHAWK1":3qtadmf5 said:
If you have a tingly or unfunny feeling you should call a Dr. As far as being trolled, not really. There is a lot of trolling but, that comes with the team being successful. 9er fans, 9er fans dressed as Hawk fans, kids and people with nothing better to do than say something outlandish and watch the former work themselves into a tizzy. Its part of the package. As for you I'm not to concerned. I can see a timeout coming soon for you if not an all out ban.

Yet you're the one who's actively, pubescently trolling every post I make.

What does that say about you, smart guy?

Thanks for making my point. Bye now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The definition of troll seems to be a bit broad, if not misinterpreted...or I just don't know the meaning. Rott, I know for fact, is a hardcore Hawk fan. A hardcore Hawk fan that is no stranger to thinking outside the box and is oft times vocal in expressing his opinion. Is that the latest definition of "troll"? I ask because I guess I really don't know.

I pointed out in another thread that I was called "troll" and "Fake fan" (!?!) for stating Rice was overpaid, and if he refused to cut his current salary (in half), we should let him walk.

The above (accurate) comment, somehow made me enemy #1 of the Seattle Seahawks. The team I've watched and supported longer than most here have been alive. Fortunately, like Rott, I really couldn't give a ratsass about such things, nor those that post such things.

Further, why is it such a sin for someone to say something a bit left of center? Provoking conversation on a message board should be grounds for banishment? Why not just ignore threads that you do not wish to participate? I ask this question not to you in particular, CaliHawk, but to all posters upset by another's expressed, sometimes passionate opinion.

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkWow":4m47jqyx said:
The definition of troll seems to be a bit broad, if not misinterpreted...or I just don't know the meaning. Rott, I know for fact, is a hardcore Hawk fan. A hardcore Hawk fan that is no stranger to thinking outside the box and is oft times vocal in expressing his opinion. Is that the latest definition of "troll"? I ask because I guess I really don't know.

I pointed out in another thread that I was called "troll" and "Fake fan" (!?!) for stating Rice was overpaid, and if he refused to cut his current salary (in half), we should let him walk.

The above (accurate) comment, somehow made me enemy #1 of the Seattle Seahawks. The team I've watched and supported longer than most here have been alive. Fortunately, like Rott, I really couldn't give a ratsass about such things, nor those that post such things.

Further, why is it such a sin for someone to say something a bit left of center? Provoking conversation on a message board should be grounds for banishment? Why not just ignore threads that you do not wish to participate? I ask this question not to you in particular, CaliHawk, but to all posters upset by another's expressed, sometimes passionate opinion.
^^Thank you.

Apparently "troll" on this board means something completely different than it does on the rest of the internet.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hey Raz!

I've learned the majority of these people that get butthurt when someone's opinion differs from theirs, or attack another poster for knowing something they themselves didn't know, are more times than not, just plain ignorant.

Oft times newbs of the team and certainly the sport. .. their ignorance can sometimes have a certain charm to it, but when they cross that fine line into stupidity, acting superior to hide their own inferiority, that's when you put their stupid ass' on ignore. YAHTZEE!

I don't discriminate: man, woman, tranny...if I am certain you are stupid, you will certainly go on ignore. Try it Raz, it's quite liberating and your reading enjoyment will increase both immediately and immensely. ; )

C-Dub

Reaction score
Let me get this straight....

First, you start out by saying Rott's making judgements that aren't true Manziel's teammates didn't tell him directly.
davidonmi":315j0dag said:
Dude you're making judgements that you have no idea are actually true. Who has told you manziel isn't a team player?

Second, you completely contradict yourself by saying this...
davidonmi":315j0dag said:
He has all the tools to be a great qb.

WOW!!!! This is an entertaining thread. I'm going to sit back watch the show continue.
:snack:

C-Dub

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2nudmo2w said:
If you have a tingly or unfunny feeling you should call a Dr. As far as being trolled, not really. There is a lot of trolling but, that comes with the team being successful. 9er fans, 9er fans dressed as Hawk fans, kids and people with nothing better to do than say something outlandish and watch the former work themselves into a tizzy. Its part of the package. As for you I'm not to concerned. I can see a timeout coming soon for you if not an all out ban.
Sounds like Cali's throwing a little fit because he's not seeing eye to eye with a fan. :192214:

Put your big boy pants on and have a civil discussion with the man.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
C-Dub":cnm6lefd said:
CALIHAWK1":cnm6lefd said:
Sounds like Cali's throwing a little fit because he's not seeing eye to eye with a fan. :192214:

Put your big boy pants on and have a civil discussion with the man.

He is acting like a child, following me (and my less-than 100 posts) around. An entitled child.

Maybe he is Johnny Manziel. 8)

Subzero717

Reaction score
So it seems a couple of kids can't keep my name out of there mouth. I had said bye and left but it seems the band wants a crack at me. Not really sure what fit you are refering to, but if saying someone is misinformed is "throwing a fit" then yes, I'm guilty.

The title of the thread reads "Jonny Manziel is a punk." Typically threads with titles like that are for the Smack Shack, but if the mods ain't trippin? Who am I? Wether he's a punk or not, I don't know. I have never met or spent time with the guy personally so I can't speak on that. What I can speak on is when that's the title of the thread, the intention of the thread isn't for normal, insightful football debate.

Next as far as Manziel, Im a Dawg/Pac-12 fan so I don't really care about Manziel. However, when you call out his leadership/teamate unless youve played with him, you need something more than "I think" and thats it. I've seen him play half dozen or maybe couple more times. When I see him play I see a guy whose teamatea gravitate towards him. I see a guy who commands a huddle. I have heard none from any of you except HW. He came to the table with something.

I don't know where you guys came from, I've noticed some old faces I remember from other boards I was on and rememberc reading that a site had disolved. Just saying running around calling people pubecent and stupid is not how things go around here for people that plan on staying. It weakens the board and pushes quality members to stop getting on and posting anymore. If you'll look to the first couple posts some of the more respected members had replied and your juvenile or lack of response led to them staying out of thread all together. I think that says enough about your thread that I don't need to say anything more.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
As much as he is a douchebag off the field, dude is ridiculous on it. He plays on a bad A&M team and has single-handedly kept their good bowl hopes alive.

We're spoiled in Seattle with a guy who's great on the field and a superb human off.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3ir5di62 said:
So it seems a couple of kids can't keep my name out of there mouth. I had said bye and left but it seems the band wants a crack at me. Not really sure what fit you are refering to, but if saying someone is misinformed is "throwing a fit" then yes, I'm guilty.

The title of the thread reads "Jonny Manziel is a punk." Typically threads with titles like that are for the Smack Shack, but if the mods ain't trippin? Who am I? Wether he's a punk or not, I don't know. I have never met or spent time with the guy personally so I can't speak on that. What I can speak on is when that's the title of the thread, the intention of the thread isn't for normal, insightful football debate.

Next as far as Manziel, Im a Dawg/Pac-12 fan so I don't really care about Manziel. However, when you call out his leadership/teamate unless youve played with him, you need something more than "I think" and thats it. I've seen him play half dozen or maybe couple more times. When I see him play I see a guy whose teamatea gravitate towards him. I see a guy who commands a huddle. I have heard none from any of you except HW. He came to the table with something.

I don't know where you guys came from, I've noticed some old faces I remember from other boards I was on and rememberc reading that a site had disolved. Just saying running around calling people pubecent and stupid is not how things go around here for people that plan on staying. It weakens the board and pushes quality members to stop getting on and posting anymore. If you'll look to the first couple posts some of the more respected members had replied and your juvenile or lack of response led to them staying out of thread all together. I think that says enough about your thread that I don't need to say anything more.

LOL, says guy with 7K posts who's trolling a forum n00b.

I don't know who you are. Don't care.

And maybe you find your history and your whiny little primary-schoolish attempts to construct a sentence impressive. But I don't.

Go sport wood for someone else, son.

I ain't interested.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":xvo5jmc3 said:

Manziel is an absolute wizard. Incredibly fun to watch and it really sux for both he and us that he's allowed his public life to override his image as a Top tier QB. Or maybe, in actuality, it's us not letting him be a kid, instead holding him to a standard that is maybe (in these times) too old school. I don't know.

But I think in the end, his off-field attention whoring isn't going to be his undoing, or even define him. I think it's his oft-times, reckless abandon on the football field that is going to have people asking "remember him?"...all too soon. With that, I do hope the Rams pull the trigger on him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SonicHawk":5ut37vg6 said:
We're spoiled in Seattle with a guy who's great on the field and a superb human off.

The Messiah!

There's never before been a time in our franchise history, when a fan could post "We're spoiled in Seattle", referencing our QB, and have not only every single Hawk fan, but every intelligent fan of the sport, reply with a resounding "HELL YES"!

Griffey. Payton. Wilson.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Leaf comparison doesn't make much sense, because Manziel isn't sniffing top pick consideration like Leaf did.

I don't think he will pan out in the pros and has a lot of growing up to do.. but in the context of the poll I voted no